• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

AFL 2015 MOCK DRAFTS - TOP 12

DemonLad5

This is my mock draft top 12 - leave yours below!

1. Jacob Weitering - Carlton

2. Josh Schache - Brisbane

3. Callum Mills - Sydney

4. Darcy Parish - Melbourne

I would rather Wieideman + Curnow more than Weideman/Curnow + Parish

Parish doesn't excite me

Thinking about it more i have decided to change

3. Charlie Curnow - Melbourne

4. Darcy Parish - Essendon

I like your enthusiasm DemonLad5, but I have to ask what made you submit your mock draft with Parish as our selection in your OP and in the next breath, you say he doesn't excite you and hence change? Interested to know what changed your mind. And you know Curnow has played as a mid too?

I think looking at that highlights video of Parish he seems underwhelming. Though I think his overall season and U18 championships was very good.

I also think that his test results don't do him justice and he is one of those players that doesn't do anything exceptional but does everything very well.

I'm not sold on him personally but I think he ticks our biggest need, speed and skill with competitiveness.

• Like 3

I think looking at that highlights video of Parish he seems underwhelming. Though I think his overall season and U18 championships was very good.

I also think that his test results don't do him justice and he is one of those players that doesn't do anything exceptional but does everything very well.

I'm not sold on him personally but I think he ticks our biggest need, speed and skill with competitiveness.

The highlight reel on youtube doesn't do what he achieved in 2015 justice. This kid can play

His season for the Falcons was a class above

• Like 1

The highlight reel on youtube doesn't do what he achieved in 2015 justice. This kid can play

His season for the Falcons was a class above

Great news if that's the case. I hate basing judgement off a highlights package as it can be made to look as good or as poor as the person creating it likes.

I trust the recruiters have watched enough to know who is the best pick at number 3.

I think the most interesting thing will be who we take at number 7. The write ups of Weideman aren't that promising and I definitely wouldn't want to 'reach' for a player just because we think we might need another tall forward. With the way trading gets done these days it's best to just pick best available and then trade in to fill holes.

• Like 1

No way Weideman slips past 7

I think there is a good chance as he seems fairly limited from what I have read (granted I haven't watched him play).

The reason I had Mathieson at pick 5 is that I think the Bombers will likely take one of Francis/Curnow pick 4 and will want another young mid at pick 5 with Watson and Stanton getting on.

• Like 1

I think there is a good chance as he seems fairly limited from what I have read (granted I haven't watched him play).

The reason I had Mathieson at pick 5 is that I think the Bombers will likely take one of Francis/Curnow pick 4 and will want another young mid at pick 5 with Watson and Stanton getting on.

Tend to agree on your thought process behind taking Mathieson at 5. Outside of Watson and Heppell their inside mid depth is quite poor

Thinking about it more i have decided to change

3. Charlie Curnow - Melbourne

4. Darcy Parish - Essendon

5. Aaron Francis - Essendon

6. Wayne Milera - Gold Coast (again, hoping they don't take Weidman)

7. Sam Weidman - Melbourne

If Essendon take Weidman, Gold Coast will take Francis and i reckon we should take Mathieson to bolster our mids

Now that makes more sense! Melb with picks no 3 and 7 as against your original picks 4 and 10.

yes but it's not really a highlights video, just showing parish in one game

assuming we both saw the same video (and i agree it's not exactly whelming)

i'd like to see heaps more video of parish before i make any conclusions

additionally those who are rating parish must have seen a lot more of him than that short video so there must be more to him

• Like 3

Anyone really think that Weideman could actually be available at pick 7? If we take Curnow then there is no chance, considering the Dons will be looking for a forward, but if we take Parish, Dons take Curnow and Francis, we just have to pray that the suns will take Milera or Matheison or someone along those lines

1. CARLTON: Weitering

2. BRISBANE: Schache

(Melbourne bid Pick 3 on Mills)

3. SYDNEY: Mills

4. MELBOURNE: Parish

(Essendon bid Pick 5 on Hopper)

5. GWS: Hopper

(Essendon bid Pick 6 on Kennedy)

6. GWS: Kennedy

7. ESSENDON: Oliver

8. ESSENDON: Weideman

9. GOLD COAST: Millera

10. MELBOURNE: Curnow

(Carlton bid Pick 11 on Keayes)

11. BRISBANE: Keayes

12. CARLTON: Balic

1. CARLTON: Weitering

2. BRISBANE: Schache

(Melbourne bid Pick 3 on Mills)

3. SYDNEY: Mills

4. MELBOURNE: Parish

(Essendon bid Pick 5 on Hopper)

5. GWS: Hopper

(Essendon bid Pick 6 on Kennedy)

6. GWS: Kennedy

7. ESSENDON: Oliver

8. ESSENDON: Weideman

9. GOLD COAST: Millera

10. MELBOURNE: Curnow

(Carlton bid Pick 11 on Keayes)

11. BRISBANE: Keayes

12. CARLTON: Balic

No Francis?

Ok Demonlad - lets tango.

1. Carlton - Weitering - future captain and 10-15 year player. Lock and load.

2. Brisbane - Schache - not going to want to come home. He is their forward of the future.

3. Sydney - Mills - bid from Melbourne. We want him like we wanted Heeney.

4. Melbourne - Parish - you dont move heaven and earth to get to pick 3 for someone who might be there at 6

5. GWS - Hopper - bid from Essendon - He is a big bodied midfielder who would be perfect for the Dons. Suckers.

6. GWS - Kennedy - bid from Essendon - see above.

7. Essendon - Francis - Really great reader of the play. Will fill in a hole down back for the Dons to allow Hooker to go forward so with 8 they will take

8. Essendon - Curnow - The more I think about it, the more I don't see this young man lasting to us. The Dons have key position players and they arent planning to be down the ladder for a second time around. Curnow is a game winner, and will compliment Hooker and Danniher.

9. Gold Coast - Mileara - His silk will appeal to GC who have some great inside mids who can feed it out to him on the wing.

10. Melbourne - Weiderman - I think this is high, but we have a clear plan in place. This completes our spine and allows us to bring in the players around them.

11. Carlton - Matherson - They will look for a partner for Cripps in here and then build the talls with their next picks.

12. Adelaide - Balic - There is class here and I think that might work out quite well for them.

13. Brisbane - Hipwood - bid from Carlton - they'll want to complement Weitering at the other end of the ground but he is all Brissy's

14. Carlton - McKay - Although I will change this in a week or two to say Collins, I think that this is what they will be feeling right now.

15. Brisbane - Keays - bid from Richmond.

16. Richmond - Ah Chee - they will be drawn in to the x-factor

17. Adelaide - Bonner - he wont go back to Mogg's creek

18. St Kilda - Tucker - they will be laughing all the way to the bank when they still get an outside mid at pick 14 (18)

19. Sydney - Dunkley - bid from Hawthorn - if he nominates. Hasn't yet. If he doesn't he's a Hawk.

20. Hawthorn - Burton - There is no risk taking him here and if he gets everything right we will be [censored] the Hawks got him so low.

For the record, I think that Weiderman will drop to us. If not Curnow. I cant see a way that Essendon takes them both considering that they will have Heppell and thats it in 2 years time.

Edited by Dee-licious
  • Like 2

Ok Demonlad - lets tango.

1. Carlton - Weitering - future captain and 10-15 year player. Lock and load.

2. Brisbane - Schache - not going to want to come home. He is their forward of the future.

3. Sydney - Mills - bid from Melbourne. We want him like we wanted Heeney.

4. Melbourne - Parish - you dont move heaven and earth to get to pick 3 for someone who might be there at 6

5. GWS - Hopper - bid from Essendon - He is a big bodied midfielder who would be perfect for the Dons. Suckers.

6. GWS - Kennedy - bid from Essendon - see above.

7. Essendon - Francis - Really great reader of the play. Will fill in a hole down back for the Dons to allow Hooker to go forward so with 8 they will take

8. Essendon - Curnow - The more I think about it, the more I don't see this young man lasting to us. The Dons have key position players and they arent planning to be down the ladder for a second time around. Curnow is a game winner, and will compliment Hooker and Danniher.

9. Gold Coast - Mileara - His silk will appeal to GC who have some great inside mids who can feed it out to him on the wing.

10. Melbourne - Weiderman - I think this is high, but we have a clear plan in place. This completes our spine and allows us to bring in the players around them.

11. Carlton - Matherson - They will look for a partner for Cripps in here and then build the talls with their next picks.

12. Adelaide - Balic - There is class here and I think that might work out quite well for them.

13. Brisbane - Hipwood - bid from Carlton - they'll want to complement Weitering at the other end of the ground but he is all Brissy's

14. Carlton - McKay - Although I will change this in a week or two to say Collins, I think that this is what they will be feeling right now.

15. Brisbane - Keays - bid from Richmond.

16. Richmond - Ah Chee - they will be drawn in to the x-factor

17. Adelaide - Bonner - he wont go back to Mogg's creek

18. St Kilda - Tucker - they will be laughing all the way to the bank when they still get an outside mid at pick 14 (18)

19. Sydney - Dunkley - bid from Hawthorn - if he nominates. Hasn't yet. If he doesn't he's a Hawk.

20. Hawthorn - Burton - There is no risk taking him here and if he gets everything right we will be [censored] the Hawks got him so low.

For the record, I think that Weiderman will drop to us. If not Curnow. I cant see a way that Essendon takes them both considering that they will have Heppell and thats it in 2 years time.

Have to agree with this

• Like 1

Everyone's assuming GCS will pick as they have in the past. They've got a new coach. They've lost Dixon. Who's to say they won't go for a tall. I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Weirdoman or Curnow over Mileara / Mathieson. We'll get a clearer picture closer to the draft, when the journos start sniffing things out (the better ones that is).

• Like 1

Everyone's assuming GCS will pick as they have in the past. They've got a new coach. They've lost Dixon. Who's to say they won't go for a tall. I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Weirdoman or Curnow over Mileara / Mathieson. We'll get a clearer picture closer to the draft, when the journos start sniffing things out (the better ones that is).

That's what i'm worried about

our football department will be crawling over video and reports for all of the top 20 looking for the players we want which may or may not reconcile to what everyone else thinks, They have done a pretty good job so far with not much to trade with so happy to sit back and enjoy. And we all know that whoever we do not take this year when we have a chance will be our next oli wines thread next year.

• Like 1

Weideman is a poor mans Jarryd Waite.

Prefer to take Parish and Milera/Mathieson

Wiedemannn does seem like this years slider. Something not quite right about him.

Mathiseon butchers the ball by foot, no thanks.

Milera does look the goods, would like to get him at 7.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1