Post trade week best 22

DeeSpencer

Ok, mate.

2016 Rd 1 - if Dawes is fit he is playing for the Dees.

But continue thinking that Goodwin doesn't like him with zero evidence.

I will do that when you stop thinking that Goodwin likes him with zero evidence

Well, the current coach and FD, of which Goodwin is a part of, likes him as evidenced by the fact that they keep playing him.

Well we lost Pedersen and Frost early to season ending injuries

They had no choice but to play Dawes

FB: Jetta Dunn Garland

HB: Lumumba T.Mac Melksham

C: Tyson Vince Brayshaw

HF: Petracca Dawes Watts

FF: Garlett Hogan Kent

R: Gawn N.Jones Viney

INT: Salem Bugg Frost Vandenburg

EMG: Stretch ANB Kennedy

We really do have a lot of holes in our forward line.

There are a lot of back mids to choose from but no real forward mids or strong CHF, don't have much faith in Dawes or Pederson.

I think this draft and next trade period should be used to fix our forward holes.

Edited by ILLDieADemon

You can um and ah over Pedo v Dawes but it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. It's a hole in the side that needs to be filled.

For the time being, Hogan likes playing with Dawes and he's first choice. You can place Pedersen there but it won't change the fact that Dawes is clearly ahead in the pecking order.

Pedo kept Dawes in the VFL until he broke his wrist. Even if Hogan likes Dawes it doesn't really matter, they aren't a good combo and this year's results show that

• Like 1

Frost is one to be watched in 2016. If he can nail down that backup ruck/forward role it could spell trouble for Dawes and Pedo.

I can't see one team consisting of all 3 of Dawes, frost and Pedo unless hogan or tmac are on the shelf.

Not much love for trenners. It has been forever since he was fit and firing, but if he is fit then he is in our best 22.

• Like 1

Do you ever walk out of the house and have that feeling you've forgotten something ? That's the feeling I had.

I worry that I left the iron on, but then I remember I don't do the ironing. Cue Benny Hill theme.

B: Dunn, Frost, Jetta

HB: Melksham, McDonald, Salem

C: Vince, Tyson, Brayshaw

HF: Vandenberg, Pedersen, Petracca

F: Kent, Hogan, Garlett

Foll: Gawn, Jones, Viney

Int: Kennedy, Stretch, Bugg, Harmes

Depth backs: McDonald, Lumumba

Depth mids: Pick #3, Pick #6, Trengove, Michie

Depth forwards: Watts, Dawes, Garland

Depth rucks: Spencer

Frost is one to be watched in 2016. If he can nail down that backup ruck/forward role it could spell trouble for Dawes and Pedo.

I can't see one team consisting of all 3 of Dawes, frost and Pedo unless hogan or tmac are on the shelf.

Not much love for trenners. It has been forever since he was fit and firing, but if he is fit then he is in our best 22.

I think Trenners needs a few games in the twos to get some confidence back in him self after not playing for 2 years and start enjoying footy again.

No doubt we are all hopping he can get back to his best, the guy still has a lot of years ahead of him and could be like a new recruit if he can find some form straight away.

If he can stick a spot in the 22 it will be the feel good story of the year.

Edited by ILLDieADemon

I agree.

He may well take a couple of months to hit his straps, but, and it's a big but, if he can regain absolute fitness and confidence he'll be in our best half dozen players.

• Like 2

No, he didn't. Dawes injured his calf in Round 7 and was out for a few weeks. I think he might have played one game at Casey on his way back from injury.

I don't get what you're disputing. Dawes played one game in the VFL, then got back in the following week because Pedersen was injured and Hogan was rested

Edited by Je Roos Salem

B:Frost Dunn Jetta

Hb Bugg Tmac Salem

CVince Petracca Brayshaw

HFKent Pederson Watts

FF Garlett Hogan Harmes

Foll:Gawn, Jones,Viney

IC Tyson,Stretch,Garland,Trengove

E. VDB,Melksham,Kennedy

Will wait and see on the new recruits aside from Bugg who looks the goods.

Hoping Trengove makes it back to his best and what I saw of Frost is enough before his foot/toe thing..

Petracca looks ready to go also-but I expect he will run off the bench early on in the year.

Edited by Biffen

B:Frost Dunn Jetta

Hb Bugg Tmac Salem

CVince Petracca Brayshaw

HFKent Pederson Watts

FF Garlett Hogan Harmes

Foll:Gawn, Jones,Viney

IC Tyson,Stretch,Garland,Trengove

E. VDB,Melksham,Kennedy.

I think you are a bit er .... optimistic re Trengove Biff. Milkshake will play round 1 surely.

I think you are a bit er .... optimistic re Trengove Biff. Milkshake will play round 1 surely.

Not if I am coach.

I don't get what you're disputing. Dawes played one game in the VFL, then got back in the following week because Pedersen was injured and Hogan was rested

I think he's disputing that you're trying to claim your opinion as fact.

Jack Grimes Tom Mcdonald Colin Garland

Nev Jetta Sam Frost Jake Melksham

Bernie Vince Nathan Jones Christian Salem

Aaron Vandenberg Lynden Dunn Angus Brayshaw

Jeff Garlett Jesse Hogan Cam Pederson

Max Gawn Jack Viney Dom Tyson

Harry Lumumba, Dean Kent Thomas Bugg Christian Petracca

• Like 1

For mine... (We can include Parish right? He's a lock!)

B: Jetta, Dunn, Garland

HB: Lumumba, McDonald, Salem

C: Tyson, Vince, vandenBerg

HF: Brayshaw, Dawes, Kent

F: Watts, Hogan, Garlett

R: Gawn, Jones, Viney

I/C: Melksham, Petracca, Frost, Parish

Emerg: Bugg

With the new interchange cap i don't think you can play 2 rucks still.

Frost can be the utility type swingman who does ruck backup, Dawes can do some too.

Watts to settle as a 3rd forward. Great set shot, and our best player for goal assists, play him where he can do some damage.

Petracca being eased in, same with our (probable) pick 3 Parish.

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

You said Pedo "kept Dawes in the VFL" which isn't just an overstatement it's completely incorrect. Dawes was injured and was brought back via the VFL as happens all the time. In all likelihood he would've come back the following week regardless of Pedo's wrist injury.

Done with talking about something this minsicule.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 3

FB: Dunn, T. McDonald, Jetta

HB: Lumumba, Frost, Melksham

C: Bugg, N. Jones, Tyson

HF: Vandenberg, Pedersen, Kent

FF: Garland, Hogan, Garlett

FOLL: Gawn, Vince, Viney

INT: Brayshaw, Petracca, Salem, Watts

BACKS: White, O. McDonald, Terlich, Grimes

FORWARDS: Hunt, Dawes, Newton, King, Kennedy-Harris

MIDS: Michie, Harmes, Neal-Bullen, M. Jones, Kennedy, Trengove, Stretch

RUCKS: Spencer

Jetta. Dunn. Garland

Melksham. Frost. Salem

Vince. Jones. Brayshaw

Kent. T. Macdonald Watts

Garlett. Hogan. Petracca

Gawn, tyson, Viney

Grimes, trengove, Vandenberg, Lumumba

I believe we already have a future CHF on the list. Tmac is a natural footballer.

Not sold on Bugg or Kennedy but will watch with interest.

• Like 1