• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade Radio Discussion

What

Yes I hope its more simple...

Seedsman to Pies for pick 32

Pies give pick 32 and Kennedy for Howe

Toumpas to Port for pick 29

Demons give pick 46 ish 3rd rounder for Bugg.

Draft 6 (Curnow) 29 (Tom Cole) 32 (Ben Mckay)

Ins Melksham, Bugg , Kennedy.

Wait and see

First time I've seen those three names side by side. Fark, it's a study in mediocrity, isn't it.

• Like 4

If we traded Howe and Toumpas and ended up with Kennedy and 3 second round picks then I could live with that, bit it may not work out that way.

That is my hope and it is our best result that I can see from Howe and Toumpas. It would then allow us to have a real go at 8, Bugg and Tomlinson from GWS.

However I don't think we will achieve those 3 second rounders in the deal.

Even 2 second rounders and a third rounder plus Kennedy would allow us to have a real go at the GWS deal, as the points are well more than 8.

We need 3 second rounders to match essendons offer to GWS for pick 8

No they will be offering 2. 3 would beat them and even 2 and a third.

The AFL will not allow more than a 200 point difference in a trade of picks, so trading a player as well helps in the deal. We want Bugg and therefore can offer more points for 8.

Essendon then can just offer a 3rd. Would you do 6 and 8 for 3 and 16? I wouldnt.

When I said match, I meant beat. Essendons 2 second rounders would beat our 2 in points

Edited by DemonLad5

Essendon then can just offer a 3rd. Would you do 6 and 8 for 3 and 16? I wouldnt.

When I said match, I meant beat. Essendons 2 second rounders would beat our 2 in points

Yes but you said Essendon were offering 3 second rounders.

This whole Howe trade is holding up the rest of our possible trading and considering there is only 6 days left it needs to gets done by Monday!

Edited by ILLDieADemon

Apologies for actually attempting to explain the reasoning behind my position. I guess I should just cave and become a sniper like most of you cool cats.. It's just so easy it seems lazy, anyone can one line snipe without having any sort of huspa of their own to put forward.

Wish I could spot you types out in the members, oh that's right - I can.. You're the ones who keep yelling out "kick the bloody thing" & "MAN UP DEES".. lol

Sorry I feel dirty after just one mini snipe, your right - hibernation time indeed!

Don't go because of the noisy minority that shouts down every one that disagrees with them, or even worse forms a posse to attack on every post people they decide aren't 'in the cool crowd'. There are far too many here that want to shout down the name of the messenger rather than read the message.

I'm a long way out of the loop as my family isn't as close to the club's inner circle as it once was, but I know that what you posted earlier about trade week holds as true today as it did 20 years ago.

Anyway post away, and know that many people read and enjoy posts like yours (regardless of the credulity they have) even if they never bother to reply.

• Like 2

Lol for years Nudge has made demonlanders look stupid in believing his dribble..

Can't wait to sit back and enjoy this.

I'm really struggling to think of posts of yours that don't 1/ offer anything but abuse, or 2/ offer substance. You seem to be the self appointed attack dog of Demonland.

There is a BigFooty poster that reminds me of you, and I think it just might be. Loves dancing in Bay 13; loves a good troll; never (or on the assumption I've missed posts because I only go there when bored unlike here) offers a reasoned counter argument to anything, but instead runs with a 'lol only a moron could think / say that' approach. I hope I'm wrong, and apologise if I am, because that fella makes me cringe thinking I'll be associated with him if I make a post. But the style and syntax are pretty similar.

I'm finding it harder and harder to enjoy this place these days because of people like you and others that have a similar mindset. I come here to learn about my beloved team, not to see you and others use it as a forum to point score on minor matters none of us have control over. It's no fun seeing the same ten posters attack each other because they drew battle lines on some obscure point in 2009.

I dunno if this makes sense but how about we try something novel around here: attack the post rather than the poster. Y'know... present a deconstruction and counter argument rather than a 'lol dumbass'. Who knows... maybe it will catch on.

Oh and apols to those that do take the time to make considered replies. It's those posts (agree or disagree) that keep me keep me checking in.

• Like 19

I'm really struggling to think of posts of yours that don't 1/ offer anything but abuse, or 2/ offer substance. You seem to be the self appointed attack dog of Demonland.

There is a BigFooty poster that reminds me of you, and I think it just might be. Loves dancing in Bay 13; loves a good troll; never (or on the assumption I've missed posts because I only go there when bored unlike here) offers a reasoned counter argument to anything, but instead runs with a 'lol only a moron could think / say that' approach. I hope I'm wrong, and apologise if I am, because that fella makes me cringe thinking I'll be associated with him if I make a post. But the style and syntax are pretty similar.

I'm finding it harder and harder to enjoy this place these days because of people like you and others that have a similar mindset. I come here to learn about my beloved team, not to see you and others use it as a forum to point score on minor matters none of us have control over. It's no fun seeing the same ten posters attack each other because they drew battle lines on some obscure point in 2009.

I dunno if this makes sense but how about we try something novel around here: attack the post rather than the poster. Y'know... present a deconstruction and counter argument rather than a 'lol dumbass'. Who knows... maybe it will catch on.

Oh and apols to those that do take the time to make considered replies. It's those posts (agree or disagree) that keep me keep me checking in.

UF this kind of comment is made almost weekly yet the people these comments are meant for just never listen or learn. Just put him on ignore.
  • Like 2

Just throwing it out there, but considering the Pies have crashed the party on Howe, what's stopping us from going to GWS with this years Rnd 1 pick and next years for Treloar? Surely GWS would take the punt that our picks would be better than the Pies. We throw a bit extra (almost whatever it takes) at Treloar, because he'd be the A grader we're after and fits the age profile.

If Treloar looks like wavering we go down that path. If he looks completely disinterested, no big deal, we go back to Pies and suggest they play fair on Howe or we persevere with Treloar, and look deeper into the dodgy surgery that's gone down.

To me it's a no lose situation.

• Like 3

For what its worth, he's one of the posters I regularly take the time to read on here because I like that he calls a spade a spade, so to each their own. Doubt he's your mate the bigfooty troll.

• Like 1

UF this kind of comment is made almost weekly yet the people these comments are meant for just never listen or learn. Just put him on ignore.

I could. But when my uncle is a 3 time premiership player, captain of the club, ex CEO... and when the great Norm Smith was at my parents wedding... or how Ron Barassi jnr grew up with my dad... or how my nanna's funeral was full of 55-64 heroes as she was carried out... or how my cousin went out with Glenn Lovett before he was a regular in the side.... or maybe how if I went to a party on that side of the family then a 2 or 3 of 4 time premiership player by the bbq was nothing out of the ordinary.

Yep, playing the 'who do I know' card. And playing it hard. I was a [censored] footballer but I know how a club works. Nudge does too. Now I have zero these days. Nada. But back in the day ( 90's ) I'd get all the goss, and what Nudge says is 100% correct. Some deals are done asap, but a lot are done or not done by millimetres. Him saying we are close to player x means just that - we are close to player x. That's it. Nothing is done until it is signed.

I don't mind people bagging the club. Hell, I do it. We've made some bad calls over the years. But bagging posters that know a bit about how things really work is naive at best and idiotic at worst.

• Like 10

I could. But when my uncle is a 3 time premiership player, captain of the club, ex CEO... and when the great Norm Smith was at my parents wedding... or how Ron Barassi jnr grew up with my dad... or how my nanna's funeral was full of 55-64 heroes as she was carried out... or how my cousin went out with Glenn Lovett before he was a regular in the side.... or maybe how if I went to a party on that side of the family then a 2 or 3 of 4 time premiership player by the bbq was nothing out of the ordinary.

Yep, playing the 'who do I know' card. And playing it hard. I was a [censored] footballer but I know how a club works. Nudge does too. Now I have zero these days. Nada. But back in the day ( 90's ) I'd get all the goss, and what Nudge says is 100% correct. Some deals are done asap, but a lot are done or not done by millimetres. Him saying we are close to player x means just that - we are close to player x. That's it. Nothing is done until it is signed.

I don't mind people bagging the club. Hell, I do it. We've made some bad calls over the years. But bagging posters that know a bit about how things really work is naive at best and idiotic at worst.

Festy, what are your thoughts on my post a few above? Is that an option?

Just throwing it out there, but considering the Pies have crashed the party on Howe, what's stopping us from going to GWS with this years Rnd 1 pick and next years for Treloar? Surely GWS would take the punt that our picks would be better than the Pies. We throw a bit extra (almost whatever it takes) at Treloar, because he'd be the A grader we're after and fits the age profile.

If Treloar looks like wavering we go down that path. If he looks completely disinterested, no big deal, we go back to Pies and suggest they play fair on Howe or we persevere with Treloar, and look deeper into the dodgy surgery that's gone down.

I don't mind this if only purely as a counter attack i.e F off pies...or we'll rain on YOUR parade wiuld be the message sent. Its all a game with no rules really.

Kinda like an 18 side version of British Bulldog. Every one out for themselves.

No more laying down.

Didn't know where else to put this, so I'll put it here - looks like that 4 team deal between us, Port, the Pies and Adelaide is still moving ahead. The deal seems a little confusing but it sounds like we would lose Howe and Toumpas and gain two second rounders and Ben Kennedy... if that's what happens.

"PORT Adelaide is in a four-club negotiation over a mega deal that would not only deliver Demon Jimmy Toumpas to Alberton but also arm the club ahead of further negotiations for the Gold Coast’s Charlie Dixon.

Discussions are continuing over a complex deal which is set to deliver Toumpas to Port, Ben Kennedy from Collingwood to Melbourne, Jeremy Howe from Melbourne to Collingwood and Paul Seedsman from Collingwood to Adelaide.

The Crows are understood to have offered pick 32 for Seedsman, and that pick is a key to the negotiations. It is likely to be passed on to Port, which would give up two draft picks for Toumpas and No. 32 and then be in a position to continue its haggling with the Suns over Dixon.

The Power has already put pick No. 10 on the table for Dixon, but the Gold Coast’s stance is that it needs something else to bring to the party

The deal, which still hinges on some tweaking to come off, would involve several exchanges of second and third round selections between the club so that all four clubs are satisfied that they have improved their position from the transactions

I'm yet to see what Port will give up, that will both be enough to acquire Toumpas AND further equip them to trade for Dixon.

Young? Moore? Not mentioned, but meh anyway.

Sun is saying the Treloar deal is done.

If we are unhappy with the Howe situation and we want payback, there are 2 Magpies we can take as rookies, could do it as long as we are prepared for them not to play next year. Both would then go our senior list the following year and would cost nothing.

I don't think the club would do it however. The players would also probably be against it.

Edited by Redleg

It sounds like the Crows give up Pick 32 for Seedsman, which will in turn end up back at Port. The article then says we will get two picks for Toumpas, so I'm not sure if that means they trade their second and third rounder for him. The Pies get Howe and we get Kennedy... but, to me, that's not a fair swap at all, so possibly the Pies give us a second rounder as well. I'm only speculating though.

If we traded Howe and Toumpas and ended up with Kennedy and 3 second round picks then I could live with that, bit it may not work out that way.

Here are the 2nd round picks currently held by the three other teams in the reported trade

Pick 26. Collingwood

Pick 28. Adelaide

Pick 29. Port Adelaide

Pick 32. Adelaide

I think, in that deal, we get Pick 26 and 28 at the least. We get a third rounder as well from somewhere, possibly Port going by the notion that they trade 2 picks for him, and we also end up with Kennedy.

I think the bonus for us is that we have 2 second rounders to use, either in other trades or in the draft to go with Pick 6. We still have Bugg on our radar, although I'd assume we go with a third rounder there, and there may be other things that pop up next week.

From what the papers say Pick 26 is off to the Lions for Aish. So with whats left it's sounds like Kennedy + 28 & 29 at best.

It's going to be a doozy of a trade no matter what and someone in this group is going to get screwed. Here's to hoping its not us. But if it takes up to Thursday to execute, then it surely will be us.

Deep down inside I like others though don't care too much about the departure of the players (But I do hope Grinter comes out of retirement and gives Howie a Wallace special. I see the JH 'look at me' strut all the time in Port Melbourne, it is sickening - he will fit in well at the filth).

I care more about how wisely we can turn the best of unplanned situation into something more fruitful. (i.e. we re-position our picks GWS or GC to attempt to get higher in the top 10 or even multiple selection 6 & 8) That to me is whether we win or lose out of this.

Anyway, leave it to the pro's - they'll do the best they can.

Edited by Port Demons