• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Collingwood

P-man

There were plenty of bombs from the 50 that didnt go through the goals. No one was looking for a forward at all.

I was sorry for Hogan. It was pathetic coaching not to insist the mids to look for him. Under 12 stuff.

• Like 1

What the hell right? Let's kick this baby off.

Unless your name is Jack Viney or Max Gawn, you should have one eye over your shoulder after that pitiful display.

A couple of suggestions:

Out: Dawes, Harmes

In: Jamar, Toumpas/Hunt

I'm 100% done with Dawes. He HAS to be dropped surely. If he isn't then he never will be. Leader, role player, blah blah blah. He continually butchers the ball and he needs to go.

Hunt is nowhere near ready for AFL footy, and his two goals yesterday were of the "Joe the Goose" variety.

Toumpas left the field with a head knock after bravely crashing a pack. So neither of them will be in.

Out: Dawes must go. He killed confidence and lost the game off his own boot in the first quarter.

In: Fitzy to play either forward or back depending on where McDonald and Howe line up.

Fitzy spent the second half sitting on the bench with a blanket covering his legs. Word is an ankle injury. No way he gets up for next

week sadly, he was playing quite well on Reid up until that point.

There wasnt anybody from the Casey game yesterday, which I watched in its entirety, who screamed 'Pick me!'.

Probably the pick of the bunch was McKenzie, but we know what he brings to the table. ANB looked pretty comfortable, especially early, he

finds the ball in close very easily at that level, but I suspect they'll ask him to play 2 or 3 good games before reconsidering him.

Salem would be the obvious candidate, he had minimal impact from restricted game time, his touch early was terrible but he slowly got back into it.

Riley was also pretty decent as the atrocious conditions suited his limitations well.

IN: Salem(sub), Riley

OUT: Stretch, Harmes

• Like 5

Harmes needs to keep getting AFL match experience. He needs to get used to the pressure and on Sunday there was a lot of that.

The best part of his game is his ability to get his hands free when being tackled. I think he is creative and uses the ball well. Needs more opportunities.

I think

IN: Salem if fit, ANB, Newton (both had great games for Casey)

OUT: Stretch, Michie (this was a hard game to come into as a sub, probably does need the full game to get his head into it) Vandeberg (clearly suffering later in the season because of no preseason/AFL match fitness)

• Like 1

There were plenty of bombs from the 50 that didnt go through the goals. No one was looking for a forward at all.

I was sorry for Hogan. It was pathetic coaching not to insist the mids to look for him. Under 12 stuff.

Dawes could not make the goal square from 50 then again he could not make it from 35 in the first quarter so I guess he got better as the game went on.

From the bit I saw Hogan was much worse than Dawes,petulant, abusing team mates, and when he had it could generally not kick the ball over a jam tin, I guess people believe what they want to believe, 7 disposals is not a bag, and is miserly compared to Dawes 17 touches, would not be surprised if his lack of effort he found himself at Casey, needs to pull his big head in.

Its a fair point ...but there is no way in hell that Hogan gets dropped!!!

Dawes could not make the goal square from 50 then again he could not make it from 35 in the first quarter so I guess he got better as the game went on.

If you're talking about the kick for goal from the outer towards the Punt Road end, he went back 30 metres more than he needed to and ended up (surprise, surprise) kicking from about 30 metres further out than he needed to. Was that because he wanted to kick it to the top of the square? Just one of a number of bamboozling displays from all on the ground yesterday (including but definitely not limited to the umpires).

Out kids...in men...

We will struggle to win with Harmes, Brayshaw, Vandenberg, Hogan, Stretch...they are all good players but not seasoned they had about 40 touches between them yesterday..

Roosy is doing the right thing by playing them over Bail and co...but it will cost us wins, momentum, memberships, better time slots for next year etc etc

Out Harmes, Stretch, Garland

In...Mckenzie, Kent, Bail

hey guys imagine if the team came out this week and beat the Filth to give us 2 hours of great pleasure and make up for the last 3 weeks of garbage?

hahaa yeah I know it wont happen but wouldn't it be nice

The positive is the Pies are down on confidence, Cloke is out, hopefully Elliott's another week and Darcy Moore has had his big game, so he couldn't back up (could he?).

I reckon it's a tricky night for selectors ahead.

Firstly, Vanders had a shocker yesterday but you could tell from his first touch he wasn't right - I'm guessing he had a migraine or something, but that wasn't him out there, or we can forget every exciting thing we have seen from him so far this season. We may here more on this one yet, I suspect. But who that has watched his other games would drop him?

Can Dawesy get away with so many dropped marks and poor kicks again? I suspect he will, but primarily because he winded Webster and showed a some of that mongrel that he needs to because he's never going to be quality, but he can be physical. He's also playing his old side.

Does Jamar play then. If ever there's a game when we can play two ruckmen then this is it - the Pies have Witts, Grundy plus White and Moore and I suspect Reid as well this week. They are a mix of bigs and smalls. There is an opponent for him and it's time to give the Russian what may well be his last senior game for the club.

What to do with our lack of run from defence? Can we keep playing Col there, if he doesn't want to take the game on? On early season form, you would bring back Salem in a heartbeat. But having watched him at Vicky Park, he is at least another week away from being ready. My view is that is that it is time to give Angus a shot at playing off half-back? If you go back before his injury, he was starting to become our linebreaker with his long kicking. He can't get many minutes in our midfield yet, so why not use him in a way that he'll get a few cheap possessions and provide dash. He has the discipline to do it and aerial skills to sweep.

T-Mac has to go back to defence. We miss his run and as stated earlier, the Pies are big - he needs to play on White or Reid I suspect. We should also be playing Fitzy down back, and if he's fit, I'm sure he will come in, but after his injury in the magoos, you'd have to think he's out.

That means the back six (with the seventh rotating) is Jetta (Fasolo or Blair), Dunn (Reid), Howe (Moore), Brayshaw (de Goey), T-Mac (White) Lumumba (Crisp/ Greenwood, Pendles when forward) Grimes (seventh)

Crossy goes to Sidebottom, Vince to Pendles, Viney to Swan.

Obviously we have problems up forward, but we need to hunt down their defenders and that's why I'd like to see Riley get another shot - I realise that he's not a long-term answer. Matt Jones is a certain in for mine. Billy will be back though, just needs to dominate in VFL for a couple of weeks.

Out: Stretch, Michie, Garland

In: Jamar, Matt Jones, Riley

B: Jetta Dunn Howe

HB: Lumumba T-Mac Brayshaw

C: Cross Viney Watts

HF: M.Jones Dawes Vanders (if OK)

F: Garlett Hogan Riley

Ru: Gawn Vince N.Jones

Int: Jamar, Grimes, Tyson, Harmes (sub)

Out kids...in men...

We will struggle to win with Harmes, Brayshaw, Vandenberg, Hogan, Stretch...they are all good players but not seasoned they had about 40 touches between them yesterday..

Roosy is doing the right thing by playing them over Bail and co...but it will cost us wins, momentum, memberships, better time slots for next year etc etc

Out Harmes, Stretch, Garland

In...Mckenzie, Kent, Bail

He currently could not run past me 2016 before you see him again

While you make some good points Deespicable "The positive is the Pies are down on confidence,"

Please remove that line, we said that about Essendrug and the Pies last time

Harmes needs to keep getting AFL match experience. He needs to get used to the pressure and on Sunday there was a lot of that.

The best part of his game is his ability to get his hands free when being tackled. I think he is creative and uses the ball well. Needs more opportunities.

I think

IN: Salem if fit, ANB, Newton (both had great games for Casey)

OUT: Stretch, Michie (this was a hard game to come into as a sub, probably does need the full game to get his head into it) Vandeberg (clearly suffering later in the season because of no preseason/AFL match fitness)

I agree. He looks as good as any of the 1-2 year midfielders (barring Brayshaw) and has some smarts about him. Worth persisting with to see if he can be a bit more composed and clean with his disposal.

If you're talking about the kick for goal from the outer towards the Punt Road end, he went back 30 metres more than he needed to and ended up (surprise, surprise) kicking from about 30 metres further out than he needed to. Was that because he wanted to kick it to the top of the square? Just one of a number of bamboozling displays from all on the ground yesterday (including but definitely not limited to the umpires).

yeah, i noticed that.

ignored all leads, went back for the shot, milked the full 30 seconds then deliberately (IMO) just kicked it to the top of the square after the whole pack had descended.

it just baffled me

he can kick goals from 50. after he indicated he was going to have a crack why didn't he. i think he chickened out as he was too scared of missing

• Like 1

Michie MUST be given at least TWO FULL games to show his worth. He has been badly treated this season. In and out like revolving doors.

This x1000

My biggest concern about playing Dawes & Lumumba is how inept both were against Collingwood last time around. As soon as the booing started Lumumba commenced a 2 hour long panic attack, and Dawes didn't get near the ball all game.

I was leaning towards dropping both but you'd hope they would want to redeem themselves this time around and you can only drop so many "senior" players at one time. Lumumba stays but I have next to no confidence in him right now.

Would drop Vanders but as you point out, who replaces him at this point? He just needs to bring that aggression which seems to have gone missing.

Hunt is nowhere near ready for AFL footy, and his two goals yesterday were of the "Joe the Goose" variety.

Toumpas left the field with a head knock after bravely crashing a pack. So neither of them will be in.

Fair enough. Saw him named among the best along with his two goals but if his overall output didn't warrant it then he can stay. Was more hopeful that Toump's knock to the head wasn't serious.

Salem I thought would be given more game time at Casey but if fit then he's an automatic in. Riley and ANB possibilities but this highlights how much we are scraping the barrel. If McKenzie gets another game we're in strife.

• Like 1

This x1000

I was leaning towards dropping both but you'd hope they would want to redeem themselves this time around and you can only drop so many "senior" players at one time. Lumumba stays but I have next to no confidence in him right now.

Would drop Vanders but as you point out, who replaces him at this point? He just needs to bring that aggression which seems to have gone missing.

Fair enough. Saw him named among the best along with his two goals but if his overall output didn't warrant it then he can stay. Was more hopeful that Toump's knock to the head wasn't serious.

Salem I thought would be given more game time at Casey but if fit then he's an automatic in. Riley and ANB possibilities but this highlights how much we are scraping the barrel. If McKenzie gets another game we're in strife.

You mean we are not now?

I have never been a fan Honestly could he be any worse than 10 we had in yesterday?

Edited by old dee

I wouldn't have either of the two former Pies in. Stretch to go back to a lower level too, get more involved.

Garland would have to be very close to being dropped, he was awful again. We have far too many ordinary half backs who can't kick the ball - Howe, Garland, Grimes, Lumumba Cross and Jetta are honest battlers but they simply can't dispose of the ball. The sooner Salem is fit and back in the side the better. Playing all these guys means we are down a mid rotation every week too. We need ANB and Michie to run through there, either permanently or as a sub. Same goes for Harmes. These guys play as vfl midfielders, yet when they come up they're stationed as half forwards or small forwards? Makes no sense.

I actually didn't think Tyson was that bad, certainly not worse than Watts or vandenBerg as a wingman. Brayshaw looks cooked, but I'd prefer he play at AFL level than VFL.

OUT: Dawes, Lumumba, Stretch

IN: Jamar, ANB, JKH

I know he didn't do much against Brisbane, but JKH needs afl exposure, and I'd much prefer him in the side to a Bail or Matt Jones for instance.

B: Jetta - Dunn - Howe

HB: Grimes - Garland - Cross

C: Tyson - Jones - vandenBerg

HF: Watts - McDonald - Brayshaw

F: Jamar - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Gawn - Vince - Viney

I/c: Michie - JKH - Harmes

Sub: ANB

mcdonald is a proven backman ,thats where he should play,if its not broken dont try and fix it

• Like 1

Thanks rjay comments like that keep me sane on Mondays.

only seems like yesterday mcdonald was up for AA selection as a backman now you want him to be a chf ,forwards are forwards backmen are backmen

From the bit I saw Hogan was much worse than Dawes,petulant, abusing team mates, and when he had it could generally not kick the ball over a jam tin, I guess people believe what they want to believe, 7 disposals is not a bag, and is miserly compared to Dawes 17 touches, would not be surprised if his lack of effort he found himself at Casey, needs to pull his big head in.

Don't disagree on this match, Hogan was continuously looking for frees and not hard working through the day. He also miss two very gettable chances, one which should have been a soda. In short he had a stinker.

But Dawes has barely put in one good game this year, he passed as serviceable as second ruck/forward last week but this week was found out for his lack of.....well anything. If his role is forward/second ruck then I reckon we'd get just as much, possibly more from Jamar. Jamar has also had good Casey form and would be a just reward for his effort. IMO we'd get a better ruck, and a just as competent forward.

I would be looking at minimum 2 changes:

IN: Jamar, Neal-Bullen, (Vandenberg)

OUT: Dawes, Harmes, (Riley)

Edited by Pates
  • Like 1

only seems like yesterday mcdonald was up for AA selection as a backman now you want him to be a chf ,forwards are forwards backmen are backmen

Well thats not true

David Neitz made the AA team as both a back and a forward, and theres other examples of guys who switched or can play both ends equally well

Steve Silvagni another prime example. Matt Pavlich also made the AA team as a back and then a forward

• Like 1