The Hulk is missing!! :(

UltimateDemon

We aren't playing finals this season so couldn't care less.

Would rather they manage his loads for longevity when we win all our flags in 3-7 years time.

We care, we've been invited into the Geelong social club for that game and he was the only reason we were going.

• Like 1

It's clear that sports medicine isn't one of your strong points, but numeracy? We have 3 Hamstring injuries (Kent, Salem, VDB ... oh look, all young players ...)

Hogan doesn't have a hamstring injury, he has hamstring tightness. By pulling him out, Misson is doing his job, by, you know, helping to PREVENT injuries (hamstring or other ...)

BTW, lucky you don't follow Fremantle .... currently with 5 Hamstrings. Or Adelaide with 3 bung ankles. Or maybe you'd prefer the Lions with 5 Knees, same number as Geelong, though the Cats are doing better/worse with 4 foot injuries as well, unlike the Swans who seem to be able to limit their injuries primarily to Knees (4, which are 67% of their total) ... etc. etc.

Go easy on the common sense bing181.
  • Like 6

hmmm.... I remember thinking it was odd that Hogan came off after kicking his first goal last week. It was in the first couple of mins.

Watching the replay, it looks like he goes off to get his hamstring worked on. Must have been a little bit tight going into last week.

Explains why he fluffed that kick from outside 50.

Noticed that myself UTAH, and also that he was worked on in the huddle at both of the minor breaks. So much for the keyboard heroes on another thread who wanted him turned back at the interchange bench - if he was a little tight, sounds like what we saw might have been the correct thing to do in the circumstances.

Noticed that myself UTAH, and also that he was worked on in the huddle at both of the minor breaks. So much for the keyboard heroes on another thread who wanted him turned back at the interchange bench - if he was a little tight, sounds like what we saw might have been the correct thing to do in the circumstances.

More to the point Tim, Jesse saw the correct thing to do in the circumstances. Who would have thought a player might understand the requirements of his own body more than the good folk in the stands/their lounge room?

• Like 2

Great move by the club. I don't see how anyone could see it differently. Not only does he get this weekend off but with the bye next week he has ample time to rest and allow himself the best possible chance to play as many games as possible in the second half of the season.

A calm, clever and mature decision by all involved.

• Like 4

Great move by the club. I don't see how anyone could see it differently. Not only does he get this weekend off but with the bye next week he has ample time to rest and allow himself the best possible chance to play as many games as possible in the second half of the season.

Yep. Not like we can afford another injury to a 22 either

In hindsight, does anyone lament the decision to rest him against the Hawks? (rhetorical question)

This decision will, hopefully, reap similar benefits in the months to come.

Good point. Poor result aside in that game he clearly played the following games well which showed that it was the best thing for him. We won't have to manage him like this forever, but if it's done in the short term to help him in the long term then I think it's a good move.

• Like 2

I feel like this is one of the benefits of Roos as a coach. I can't help but think a rookie coach with long term aspirations would be playing the best 22 - which clearly includes Hogan. If we get done by 70 points instead of 45 Roos knows it's not impacting his future.

It's a really clean, smart decision IMO. I suspect Brayshaw will get a rest or 2 in the back half as well.

• Like 1

I feel like this is one of the benefits of Roos as a coach. I can't help but think a rookie coach with long term aspirations would be playing the best 22 - which clearly includes Hogan. If we get done by 70 points instead of 45 Roos knows it's not impacting his future.

It's a really clean, smart decision IMO. I suspect Brayshaw will get a rest or 2 in the back half as well.

Possibly, although he hasn't had the injury background that Hogan has. Plus he will get a nice break next weekend as well with the bye.

More to the point Tim, Jesse saw the correct thing to do in the circumstances.

One of the benefits of having had to sit out an entire season. God knows we would have loved to have had him around last season, but Jesse and the club have obviously put the time to good use.

Hopefully Petracca can come out of his year off older and wiser as well.

It's clear that sports medicine isn't one of your strong points, but numeracy? We have 3 Hamstring injuries (Kent, Salem, VDB ... oh look, all young players ...)

Hogan doesn't have a hamstring injury, he has hamstring tightness. By pulling him out, Misson is doing his job, by, you know, helping to PREVENT injuries (hamstring or other ...)

BTW, lucky you don't follow Fremantle .... currently with 5 Hamstrings. Or Adelaide with 3 bung ankles. Or maybe you'd prefer the Lions with 5 Knees, same number as Geelong, though the Cats are doing better/worse with 4 foot injuries as well, unlike the Swans who seem to be able to limit their injuries primarily to Knees (4, which are 67% of their total) ... etc. etc.

Salem, Kent, VandenBerg, Salem again, Howe, Vince and now Hogan have all had hamstring issues this year.

I count 7

Yeah lets just burn another season Gee we have so much to gain dont we?

i don't like the message it sends, but i guess he won't be an important player anyway, the ball won't be inside our forward 50

i don't like the message it sends, but i guess he won't be an important player anyway, the ball won't be inside our forward 50

Why? The kid is important to us long term. No good sending him out there with tight hammies, having him do one and miss a large chunk of time like Kent has.

I'd rather him out there but I'd also rather him play most games for the rest of the year. It's the right move.

Why? The kid is important to us long term. No good sending him out there with tight hammies, having him do one and miss a large chunk of time like Kent has.

I'd rather him out there but I'd also rather him play most games for the rest of the year. It's the right move.

Obviously disappointing for the fans but definitely the right move.

I think the clearest message it sends is that we're a more professional outfit now and are trying to manage our most important players so that they aren't hampered by injury concerns in the future.

Edited by Django
  • Like 2

Obviously disappointing for the fans but definitely the right move.

I think the clearest message it sends is that we're a more professional outfit now and are trying to manage our most important players so that they aren't hampered by injury concerns in the future.

Couldn't agree more on both counts. Obviously every Demon fan would want to see Hogan out there tomorrow, as I think his presence alone is worth a few goals and a reason to watch, but underneath it all I'm pleased to see the club do the right thing by the players rather than risk them. It's a good sign.

We have a run of winnable games coming - consecutive weeks vs Essendon Brisbane and St Kilda all at the G. And then Collingwood at the G the game after that, who we almost rolled on QB.

Imagine if they risked Jesse tomorrow and he tore his hammy and missed all those games? We would be burning down AAMI park

We have a run of winnable games coming - consecutive weeks vs Essendon Brisbane and St Kilda all at the G. And then Collingwood at the G the game after that, who we almost rolled on QB.

Imagine if they risked Jesse tomorrow and he tore his hammy and missed all those games? We would be burning down AAMI park

And Olisik would be posting even more crapola about Misson.

• Like 2

imagine if we lose by 105pts to Cats & Eagles then Hoges does his hammy 1st Q against Bombers.

one week at a time

imagine if we lose by 105pts to Cats & Eagles then Hoges does his hammy 1st Q against Bombers.

one week at a time

Ah Budge, you like being negative for negative's sake. HH may be up and down like a yo-yo, but he's right in this case. Roos and co. can see the bigger picture.

• Like 1

one week at a time

FMD your up their with Olisik and SWYL as one of the most negative posters going around.

• Like 2