Casey Scorpions v Collingwood

KC from Casey

Inside mid has great vision and loves kicking the ball low and flat to clear it out of packs. Decent size his body is probably ready, maybe only question would be leg speed at afl level bit hard to tell as all his balls are won in close. 21 second half posessions today easily his best game, he read both Ruckman really well when they took over in the second half. Will they give gone a game against the saints? He'd be more comfortable than billy was but perhaps patience and a couple more games of that standard would give selectors no choice. Very impressive game

• Like 10

For the kid to get 34 disposals at this level is outstanding. I think Jimmy Magner got more than 50 touches in his final year but that was against the now defunct Bendigo Gold in a 100 point plus whipping *

For those who don't know about him, he's one of those hard nosed midfield extractors who goes well at the clearances. He might come in handy when he's ready (which shouldn't be too far off).

* yes, I know I'm setting myself up for a comeback from BBO :)

Typical bloody lawyer.

Inside mid has great vision and loves kicking the ball low and flat to clear it out of packs. Decent size his body is probably ready, maybe only question would be leg speed at afl level bit hard to tell as all his balls are won in close. 21 second half posessions today easily his best game, he read both Ruckman really well when they took over in the second half. Will they give gone a game against the saints? He'd be more comfortable than billy was but perhaps patience and a couple more games of that standard would give selectors no choice. Very impressive game

Quick, nobody say he 'will be elite' or will be a 'future star/captain''!

We ain't ruining another one.

• Like 2

Quick, nobody say he 'will be elite' or will be a 'future star/captain''!

We ain't ruining another one.

I never said that Song so I won't on this occasion but you are right a certain kiss of death.

Just ahead of rising star nominations

Great summary mate. Sums him up to a T. The kid loves to compete, has a great tank for his age and goes all day. He'll bleed for us out there.

this kid seems to improve with each game

can't be development, so maybe we are finally recruiting some self starters

It's not only that but there's no pressure to squeeze these young up and comers into the senior team immediately which is a result of our recruiting more mature aged players who have had first dibs at team selection so far this year. I'm expecting ANB to get two or three games very soon in the same way that Stretch got a couple of runs a few weeks ago.

Whatever the case, things are looking up for our midfield ... and then there's Petracca.

• Like 2

Pretty good summation. Not super quick, but has excellent endurance, will get to plenty of contests and will extract more than his fair share. Value pick in the 40's, could have gone 20 spots higher.

• Like 3

well given he has an hyphenated name i'd say his decision making is suspect, so he should fit in nicely :lol::lol:

Hey, Daisy, watch it with the hyphenation sledges!

(Took me a while to decide to post this. And was I wrong to do so? :) )

Hey, Daisy, watch it with the hyphenation sledges!

(Took me a while to decide to post this. And was I wrong to do so? :) )

lol - i used to play with rochford devenish-meares so i'm not without a modicum of familiarity with the practice

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.