• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Delistings/trades at end of the season

I think tyson is effectively suffering second year blues, but its not his second year, broke out last year, good pre season and seemingly can't recapture that form, i get the sense its between the ears hence the run at casey to remember how to domimate

WTF? Might have something to do with carrying a niggling knee that has affected him for most of the season and kept him out for the last couple of games? 'Between the ears' and 'second year blues' are such cop out phrases for supporters.

• Like 3

We have Petracca and Trengove to come in next year and are still developing Stretch and ANB, I would be focussing on our KPPs particularly our backline. Would love to recruit a dogged shut down defender to team up with McDonald, I have lost faith in Dunn and Garland. Ideally I'd like to offer Dunn up for trade, I recon Garland will leave under FA- I'd have Frost as the perfect replacement for him

? Defenders is something we have - don't forget Frost.

Midfielders is I believe more important - Trengove may not return and if he does who knows what his fitness will be like. Petracca will effectively be a first year player and what if say god forbid Jones goes down next year? Midfielders, a young but promising Ruckman (maybe 22yrs?) and a Full forward (love Dawes endeavour but he is not looking promising)

DON'T RATE AISH.

I'm interested in him as a prospect but he's hardly set the world on fire. Wouldn't want to part with much to get him, although we could be in a good position to low ball Brisbane as he's OOC.

Edit: Statistically, last season wasn't bad for him at all, and he is only 19 and 7 months according to footywire.

Edited by Django

I'm interested in him as a prospect but he's hardly set the world on fire. Wouldn't want to part with much to get him, although we could be in a good position to low ball Brisbane as he's OOC.

i feel like him and Toumpas are extremely similar, and Toumpas is actually beating him in development currently. So why not persists with the one we already have and chase something else?

James Aish vs Jimmy Toumpas

27 Total games 24

2015 Stats for Season 2015

6 Games 6

8.2 Kicks Per Game 6.7

6.2 Handballs Per Game 7.7

14.3 Disposals Per Game 14.3

2.0 Marks Per Game 2.8

0.2 Goals Per Game 0.3

0 Behinds Per Game 0

2.0 Tackles Per Game 2.2

0 Hitouts Per Game 0

1.3 Inside 50s Per Game 1.5

0.5 Goal Assists Per Game 0.2

0.3 Frees For Per Game 0.2

1.0 Frees Against Per Game 0.3

5.2 Contested Possessions Per Game 4.2

9.7 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 10.2

9.0 Effective Disposals Per Game 10.0

62.9% Effective Disposals % Per Game 69.9%

3.3 Clangers Per Game 1.8

0.2 Contested Marks Per Game 0.2

0.2 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0.3

1.0 Clearances Per Game 1.2

2.3 Rebound 50s Per Game 1.3

1.0 One Percenters Per Game 0.5

0 Bounces Per Game 0

74.3 Time On Ground % Per Game 70.3

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 6

see above Stat post from me matinee

It's a very narrow sample, and Aish clearly has been under performing this year.

Even if you extrapolate it across their careers to date you're comparing 24 games against 27, and over that sample Aish's stats surpass Jimmy's (17 possessions per game for Aish vs 13 pg for JT, 3.3 tackles pg v 2.3).

I agree that their game styles have similarities, one thing Aish does much better than Jimmy is show composure under pressure. He is much better in traffic and has very good awareness.

I'd say there is room for two outside midfielders of their type in the same side. Would give us another quality distributer in midfield, which is an absolute need for us.

Also admire that he stuck it out to play out a significant portion of his last game (to date) with a broken jaw.

Edited by ChaserJ

i feel like him and Toumpas are extremely similar, and Toumpas is actually beating him in development currently. So why not persists with the one already have and chase something else?

27 Total games 24

6 Games 6

8.2 Kicks Per Game 6.7

2.0 Marks Per Game 2.8

0.2 Goals Per Game 0.3

0 Behinds Per Game 0

2.0 Tackles Per Game 2.2

0 Hitouts Per Game 0

0 Bounces Per Game 0

just asking...

Not a lot of clubs chasing the Toump

Bit of a kerfuffle emerging regarding interest in Aish.

Edited by beelzebub

i feel like him and Toumpas are extremely similar, and Toumpas is actually beating him in development currently. So why not persists with the one already have and chase something else?

27 Total games 24

6 Games 6

8.2 Kicks Per Game 6.7

2.0 Marks Per Game 2.8

0.2 Goals Per Game 0.3

0 Behinds Per Game 0

2.0 Tackles Per Game 2.2

0 Hitouts Per Game 0

0 Bounces Per Game 0

It's a very narrow sample, and Aish clearly has been under performing this year.

Even if you extrapolate it across their careers to date you're comparing 24 games against 27, and over that sample Aish's stats surpass Jimmy's (17 possessions per game for Aish vs 13 pg for JT, 3.3 tackles pg v 2.3).

I agree that their game styles have similarities, one thing Aish does much better than Jimmy is show composure under pressure. He is much better in traffic and has very good awareness.

I'd say there is room for two outside midfielders of their type in the same side. Would give us another quality distributer in midfield, which is an absolute need for us.

Also admire that he stuck it out to play out a significant portion of his last game (to date) with a broken jaw.

It's the sample of this year, at virtually the same age, with Aish playing more games. It can't be shallow when it is the most up to date stats.

Aish for me is no. Persist with JT and go for someone else.

• Like 1

Looking at those stats it is clear Aish has really stalled in his development. Have to question what the problem is. If he is SA bound then he might not get the return the lions want via trade. Maybe we come in and sweeten the deal with the lionsand take a flyer on him turning it around? Shouldn't be commanding too much if he keeps performing in line with this season's stats.

Would love Prestia, and wonder what his market value would be.

• Like 1

I reckon we shouldn't trade our first pick for anyone now that Shiel, and likely Treloar, are off the table. Hit the early picks again (would happily trade Howe for another first round pick) and add to what is already a pretty promising young, tight-knit core.

Radical idea, I know.

• Like 1

It's the sample of this year, at virtually the same age, with Aish playing more games. It can't be shallow when it is the most up to date stats.

Aish for me is no. Persist with JT and go for someone else.

It really depends on what we have to give up to get Aish, IMO. We could get Aish and someone even better.
  • Like 1

I reckon we shouldn't trade our first pick for anyone now that Shiel, and likely Treloar, are off the table. Hit the early picks again (would happily trade Howe for another first round pick) and add to what is already a pretty promising young, tight-knit core.

Radical idea, I know.

I'm not against holding on to high picks, but it is definitely worthwhile putting them on the table and seeing what is offered up.

Looking at those stats it is clear Aish has really stalled in his development. Have to question what the problem is. If he is SA bound then he might not get the return the lions want via trade. Maybe we come in and sweeten the deal with the lionsand take a flyer on him turning it around? Shouldn't be commanding too much if he keeps performing in line with this season's stats.

Would love Prestia, and wonder what his market value would be.

Plenty of chatter that Aish prefers the move to Victoria.

agree my friend. we do not have the luxury of nursing a player who has a poor medical history. Gawn is dodgy, Spencer has had his problems, we don't need another one. in today's game, I would always be reluctant to take an injury prone player, recruit or experienced player.

So you wouod have passed on Judd as well...hmmm ^_^

So you wouod have passed on Judd as well...hmmm ^_^

No Rusty I would not have passed on Judd. You would need to have been dumb to have passed on Judd. Well I am probably dumb but not that dumb. My comment was that I would "be reluctant" to take a player with a history of injury. However, It is about calculating risk. The risk involves considering the nature of the injury, the seriousness of that injury, and whether is likely to be a chronic or repetitive injury. It is about assessing the quality of the player, his age, his price, and what he would bring to the team. It is about considering alternatives, such as picking Toumpas (major hip surgery at a young age) versus Wines (no serious injury at a similar age). Having said all that I have never thought that any one player is going to make "the difference." Has Judd justified all the money spent on him? Has it been a return on investment? I think not. It never catapulted Carlton into a flag contender. It would not have been any different at Melbourne. Has Judd been restricted by injuries. Yes. Has he been a better player at Carlton that he was at West Coast. I think not. Is that due to injury? Probably. It comes back to trying to build a team and trying to build depth on your list. You can't do that if you have a lot of injured players or players prone to injury.

• Like 2

Pretty much agree.

Grimes, Terlich and Spencer are contracted till 2017.

Grimes has probably done enough to stay as depth.

He may request a trade to play more seniors. Tigers, Ess, Bulldogs might be interested.

Spencer has trade currency as a few clubs looking for ruckman eg Ess and Bulldogs

Howe may opt to go.

Garland may be gone as UFA.

Would add Dawes for a trade (admit to my bias here).

Riley (and maybe Mitchie) is OOC this year so they are vulnerable.

That is 10-12 changes before any serious trading.

I'm leaning to your summation L'sH. but don't think we can lose Spencer, even if some think Gawn's the bees knees.

Grimes appears to me, (always has) as one of the players carrying the baggage/damage of his early injuries & poor times at our club in his formative years. he would respond well imo to a fresh change.

Garland IMO is tired from the years of poor times. as above Re Grimes.

Dawes field offers, if we can hook another; (Henderson)

Howe, see who we can attract Re a trade, maybe part of a deal for a Henderson, Yarran, Prestia, Treloar, etc.

still interested in that roring Saloone I here about.

Edited by dee-luded