Post Match Discussion, Pontification and Prayer

Demonland

BBO and Biffen are in charge of the activities

Froggy to bring the glossies?

Well done AFL no other club will play that many top four sides three in a row, the AFL every year the AFL try and find ways, to try and destroy Melbournes confidence, a team that wins four games in a season should never play that many in a short space time. The AFL try would be every happy at the moment, no other team will face that sort of draw, i know some will say no excuse and yes no one listens to them but really, they say the draw is weighted to make it easy for bottom sides, now we might have some easy games towards the end of the season, but wins early does more for a teams confidant.

Also playing those teams up to round 7 will have a detrimental effect on memberships, as this is when the majority get purchased ffs!!.....look at Collingwoods effing soft draw......

'We're cooked as a club'. 'All we're going to do is bring them down'.

Because I say harden the [censored] up, I'm an apologist? I'm not apologising for anything and this woah is me crap is pathetic drivel, not to mention unintelligent hyperbole.

Well, he had the second most tackles on the ground with 8 (clearly our best) and managed 4 clearances (our equal second most). I'm sorry, but he's miles better than Jamar and at this stage Gawn.

A sad statement of our ruck stocks 'Adam'. At least the big pencil has a go...

• Like 1

I have a sick feeling that we're cooked as a football club.

All we are going to do as a club to players like Hogan and Brayshaw is bring them down.

I actually feel sorry for Hogan.

I have the same sick feeling mate.

We have endured an absolute horror show over the last 8 years

It is now looking like the latest list/coach/regime is following the same pathetic trend as the ones before it

I cannot imagine how we have gained a single supporter that wasnt forced into it by their family in this period

If the Paul Roos tenure ends up having no effect we might as well shut the gates, it's over

What are we going to do then, I for one will probably live the rest of my life trying desperately to pretend that there is no such thing as aussie rules footy

dramatic, i know, but this what we are currently facing

• Like 1

I have the same sick feeling mate.

We have endured an absolute horror show over the last 8 years

It is now looking like the latest list/coach/regime is following the same pathetic trend as the ones before it

I cannot imagine how we have gained a single supporter that wasnt forced into it by their family in this period

If the Paul Roos tenure ends up having no effect we might as well shut the gates, it's over

What are we going to do then, I for one will probably live the rest of my life trying desperately to pretend that there is no such thing as aussie rules footy

dramatic, i know, but this what we are currently facing

Doesn't look good does it.

The club onfield is just on this perpetual spin towards nothing

It is really hard to take.

Chin up and move forward. While we need to continue to make every post a winner at the trade and draft tables after being royally Prendergasted, today doesn't change the fact that the core group of youngsters at the club remains promising. Hogan, Viney, Salem, Tyson, McDonald, JFK, Brayshaw, Petracca, Kent, Frost and Stretch are all under 23. Yes, all clubs have good youngsters, but I'm no less confident in the people at the club to get the best out of these players now than I was at 2pm today.

Tyson represents everything about this club. Last year he had all the makings of becoming an elite midfielder. This year he is a VFL player. Why does this continue to happen to us?

• Like 2

To any [censored] wit that thought Matt jones and Rohan bail were decent players, pleasantly stick a rod up ya clacker. What a disgrace. Bail is a fkn joke. I could carry on, but I am too [censored]. I called it early this week in a thread that was deleted

. Lost the game at the selection table. Never again

Youre right, instead of Bail and MJones we should have picked Riley and Terlich, cost us the game

• Like 1

There is really one thing that keeps resonating in my thinking.

We have decent facilities. That cant be it.

We have what surely must be a more than adequate assembly of coaches and support staff. Yes its not a world class list but there is some ability and talent there.

But i still dont get why we cant pkay a basic game of footy. Our skills under pressure are woeful. Our thinking/decision borders on inept or scared often.

I seldom enjoy watching us play. Win or lose its rubbish invariably to look at.

Why ? How do we get it so wrong so much ?

After Garland coughed up the ball

He's one of about 4 players that has stuck around through the whole horrow show since Daniher left. He continues to put in pizzpoor performances as though he is acting as a reminder to just how poor a club we are. Hey fellas look at me, I am a senior leader, i was there at 186 , let me show you how to fail on a football field. Had an absolute gutfull of Colin Garland, look at the corresponding players at other clubs, it is laughable the gulf of contribution he has made with all the games he has played. Jamar is the same. F this club

We have what surely must be a more than adequate assembly of coaches and support staff. Yes its not a world class list but there is some ability and talent there.

But i still dont get why we cant pkay a basic game of footy. Our skills under pressure are woeful. Our thinking/decision borders on inept or scared often.

We just look tired and uninterested already. We don't run, we handball backwards or to a nearly stationary target.

In our wins we seemed to play a much more free flowing and running game where we took the game on, at times it was fun to watch.

I think losing Kent, Viney and Frost has hurt us a bit. They all hold their tackles and add some aggression.

• Like 1

Thats exactly what i've been thinking, Watts can't be blamed by all the 'supporters' now

You clearly don't get it Dave Suggest you watch a bit more closely. No one blames Watts for us losing. They blame him for being pizzpoor with his efforts.

Heck its so bad he asked to be dropped himself. So don't blame us smart alec. We aren't the ones getting paid good money to run around living out our boyhood dreams.

• Like 2

Out of interest, how many players were different today to who lined up against our 50 point loss to the Hawks last year?

Would be fascinating to see that comparison.

why dont you lust look it up yourself and tell us

its very easy to contribute something

What about the president - is he a deaf/mute?

Why TF would you want to hear from the President? What is he going to do?

In case you haven't worked it out this is the worst time for the President to speak because every time in the past they have done so the club has ended up in deeper turmoil.

His job is to ensure the right people are in place and shut the hell up.

• Like 2

It's the ghosts of failed drafts from many years before. Who are our senior leaders? Jones and who else?

Plus we have a habit of drafting slow mids. Any side with speed cut us up. I'm dreading the doggies next week, they will blitz us!

why dont you lust look it up yourself and tell us

its very easy to contribute something

Hold on, is that the pot calling the kettle black?

Have a look at this post C&B:

He's one of about 4 players that has stuck around through the whole horrow show since Daniher left. He continues to put in pizzpoor performances as though he is acting as a reminder to just how poor a club we are. Hey fellas look at me, I am a senior leader, i was there at 186 , let me show you how to fail on a football field. Had an absolute gutfull of Colin Garland, look at the corresponding players at other clubs, it is laughable the gulf of contribution he has made with all the games he has played. Jamar is the same. F this club

How is that a contribution? You might have had a gut full of Colin Garland, but he has probably had a gut full of our midfield allowing the opposition to get the ball inside 50 with absolute ease. He was actually one of our better players yesterday and, come the end of the season, I could hardly blame him for deciding to move on and play for a club where their midfield runs both ways on a consistent basis.

Stop posting like a sociopath and actually look at where the problem lies. Col Garland isn't it.

• Like 4

PJ needs to go to the AFL and say, he di*kheads you didn't give us a priority pick because of what again now?? We are putrid and have no free agents coming to us, we are irrelevant and on the way out of existence. You have handed 2 tin pot clubs in GS and GWS everything and screwed us. Gil you sat next to Little on Friday, next week come and sit next to me and see what it's like and help us sort this chit out!!!

a priority pick so we can get ourselves another Toumpas?

Then everythying will be fine. God I am sick of this club

Roos suggests they just forget the game !! Wtf !!!

Hey you got slaughtered...just bury it..wr wont go there.

How can you understand what it is to play well if you dont own the games you play abysmally.

Is it too scary Paul...have you given up too ?

I knew I shouldn't have logged on today.

Lets put it into perspective

We started the year with a full team and had wins against GC and Rich.....every one was happy...posters were claiming finals we had young guns firing Then the injuries began (which they will every year) .We were dismantled against GWS in the second half and ran with Adelaide for most of the game

THEN....We ran into Freo (who have not even looked like losing).....Then Sydney coming off a surprise defeat and lost by 38 pts.....Then Hawthorn who had come off another surprise defeat and are current Premiers. We copped a few injuries and were beaten by very experienced TOP sides who have confidence and have been together for a long time

Having read a few posts......Peter Jackson should lift his game or be sacked......At least half the side should be delisted......the rest tarred and feathered and tied to a stake outside the Melbourne town hall.......Roos has no idea and should be sacked.

Maybe we can wait for a few weeks and see how we are going at the half way point before winding up the club and all going home.

Just a thought

• Like 12

Well done AFL no other club will play that many top four sides three in a row, the AFL every year the AFL try and find ways, to try and destroy Melbournes confidence, a team that wins four games in a season should never play that many in a short space time. The AFL try would be every happy at the moment, no other team will face that sort of draw, i know some will say no excuse and yes no one listens to them but really, they say the draw is weighted to make it easy for bottom sides, now we might have some easy games towards the end of the season, but wins early does more for a teams confidant.

Agreed

You could certainly argue that Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn are the top 3. Mathematically speaking, the odds of playing the top 3 in consecutive weeks is 17 x 16 x 15 which is a 4080-to-one long shot. Have a guess which club just happens to be the unlucky one

• Like 1

Can the club please put us out of our misery and end the Spencer project? How many years has this bloke clogged the list for now? How many delisted ruckmen like Ceglar have we overlooked to develop Spencer? He's just laughable. Can't even read the ball in flight. We've conceded several goals on the goal line in the last 2 weeks where Jake wasn't coordinated enough to just punch it through for a point.

When we have the ball we are just always under pressure because we are so painfully slow all over the ground. Lumumba and Garlett are the only blokes with pace capable of putting a yard quickly between them and their opponent.

GWS knew which of their highly touted mids to let go. Tyson couldn't run out of sight on a dark night and is so one-sided. I hope his terrible form is due to his knee and not opposition clubs figuring him out.

Dawes is currently the most overpaid player in the Afl. Fancy Dawes, on $500k a year, being paid more than 90% of the Hawks players that lined up yesterday. I hope his salary is halved in his next contract. Can't work out why the club would roll Dawes out for a presser when he is so out of form anyway? Concentrate on getting a kick and not baiting the Hawks with embarrassing comments.

Finally, bloody disappointing to see Tyson and Michie out at a bar last night. Not going hard, not out late, but you have to wonder how much it really hurts some of these players.

Roos suggests they just forget the game !! Wtf !!!

Hey you got slaughtered...just bury it..wr wont go there.

How can you understand what it is to play well if you dont own the games you play abysmally.

Is it too scary Paul...have you given up too ?

Sh!t even Roosy is raising the white flag.

There must be such a powerful negative force within Norm's curse

Very concerning....

Finally, bloody disappointing to see Tyson and Michie out at a bar last night. Not going hard, not out late, but you have to wonder how much it really hurts some of these players.

So they were out at a bar, minding their own business and not doing anything wrong, and that's a bad thing? What do you want them do, sit at home and wallow in self misery about the loss? Walk around the city aimlessly as if their life is meaningless? Get a grip.

• Like 6

Can the club please put us out of our misery and end the Spencer project? How many years has this bloke clogged the list for now? How many delisted ruckmen like Ceglar have we overlooked to develop Spencer? He's just laughable. Can't even read the ball in flight. We've conceded several goals on the goal line in the last 2 weeks where Jake wasn't coordinated enough to just punch it through for a point.

When we have the ball we are just always under pressure because we are so painfully slow all over the ground. Lumumba and Garlett are the only blokes with pace capable of putting a yard quickly between them and their opponent.

GWS knew which of their highly touted mids to let go. Tyson couldn't run out of sight on a dark night and is so one-sided. I hope his terrible form is due to his knee and not opposition clubs figuring him out.

Dawes is currently the most overpaid player in the Afl. Fancy Dawes, on $500k a year, being paid more than 90% of the Hawks players that lined up yesterday. I hope his salary is halved in his next contract. Can't work out why the club would roll Dawes out for a presser when he is so out of form anyway? Concentrate on getting a kick and not baiting the Hawks with embarrassing comments.

Yeah because players should never be allowed to socialize outside footy. Their mind should be concentrated 24/7 on football and nothing else.

FMD some people carry on here.. Who gives a [censored] if they go out for a drink as long as they are not doing Colin Sylvia's and staying out of trouble then they have ever right to go and have a beer.

Did you find this also disappointing when majority of the team were on the grog having a good time after the round 1 win? Of course not. Its after a big loss you have to find [censored] weak little excuses to sink into the players.

Pathetic effort.

Edited by dazzledavey36