THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

Yes this is much bigger than Australia and especially the AFL. The AFL CEO should be thinking global on this issue...instead he is behaving like he is in charge of the country under 15 teams...FFS Gill...stop cheerleading and start leading like a CEO

• Like 2

Yep. If the AFL walk away from WADA i will know longer be a financial contributor to the game on any level.

It's simple, it the AFL ditch wada because they offended goldy locks I for one will have nothing to do with the sport in future

Seriously, does Gil want to be remembered as the CEO who destroyed the once wonderful and most popular game / religion in Australia? He is headed that way.

Just as shocking head in the sand governance is driving former members away from the Catholic Church in droves, shocking governance threatens our game too.

• Like 2

... and now it's becoming a real circus ...Sports scientist believes Essendon has nothing to worry about with WADA appeal

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Au contraire - there's a lot of stuff that's been made up -

“I certainly aren’t (guilty), so that leaves me out of the equation doesn’t it,’’ he said. “I managed the program, so obviously there’s a fair amount of responsibility on my shoulders regarding the management program.

The Essendon players were found not guilty — by the AFL’s anti-doping tribunal — on March 31 ...

Dank told the NT News yesterday there were “various’’ substances given to the Essendon players, but all of them were within the realms of the WADA code.

• Like 1

Someone else claimed they were innocent before admitting guilt.

Lance-Armstrong-online-buzz.jpg

Danks has made his own bed and IMO few would believe anything he says.

• Like 1

Someone else claimed they were innocent before admitting guilt.

Lance-Armstrong-online-buzz.jpg

Danks has made his own bed and IMO few would believe anything he says.

I think the language is wrong. Anti Armstrong is like anti Essendon. I am not Anti Essendon (up until they try and manipulate the media and he result), I am pro fair sport, Essendon, Armstrong, and the AFL don't seem to be.

• Like 1

I think the language is wrong. Anti Armstrong is like anti Essendon. I am not Anti Essendon (up until they try and manipulate the media and he result), I am pro fair sport, Essendon, Armstrong, and the AFL don't seem to be.

My concern is that under the AFL system he would never had been caught even though he was a massive drug cheat. It does not matter if you love or hate him as a sport person. Once he had taken illegal substance he needed to be appropriately punished.

It's a league that turn a blind eye to the rampant use of "recreational" drugs amongst players. The idea of them abandoning WADA and instead controlling their own performance enhancing drugs code is downright laughable, and anyone with two brain cells would see through the transparency of such a manoeuvre.

It's a league that turn a blind eye to the rampant use of "recreational" drugs amongst players. The idea of them abandoning WADA and instead controlling their own performance enhancing drugs code is downright laughable, and anyone with two brain cells would see through the transparency of such a manoeuvre.

yeah, they'd probably get dill to phone them the night before testing - lol

• Like 1

My concern is that under the AFL system he would never had been caught even though he was a massive drug cheat. It does not matter if you love or hate him as a sport person. Once he had taken illegal substance he needed to be appropriately punished.

Agreed, I think the AFL pay lip service to lots of integrity matters, and have done so for a long time, it is now coming home to roost. Lets hope the game can survive the inept management it has been under for some time.

• Like 2

yeah, they'd probably get dill to phone them the night before testing - lol

And the phone call wouldn't be a warning, it would be asking if they were clean, because if there was a chance they weren't then the test wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

Yes he signed himself up to DL as "SanityPrevails" two or three weeks ago, and gave me a huge serve after I posted my very long post summarising the current situation just before the WADA appeal was announced. WJ advised me he is a well known "troll" and was subsequently banished from here, but not before he made a complete [censored] of himself.

All I can say is that the postings on Demonland have been a hell of a lot more accurate about what is happening to Essendon than anything on the myriad of Bomber sites. If they want to read what really is going on they should be looking to Demonlanders.

I wouldn't hold my breath though!

Whoever Sanity Prevails was it wasn't me. I can assure you I have no issue signing up under my BigFooty name and standing by any post I choose to make. In my opinion that poster did a [censored]-poor job of taking you to task, but there you go. I have only read bits and pieces of your stuff when it's inexplicably quoted on BigFooty and elsewhere as some kind of credible source - you're like a reverse fogdog!! It's pretty funny. But kudos to you, your [censored] has accumulated an impressive rolecall of acolytes so you should be proud. Not sure if it's the "WADA sources" or the "Medical professors, sorry eminent surgeons, just whatever it is at the time of writing" but it certainly sucks a lot of people in. I'm particularly impressed by the way your sycophants can bleat that you are always right. Who can forget the time you claimed that ASADA had enough evidence and would easily get Essendon players banned but that the AFL would give them a limp lettuce punishment which would be overturned by WADA. Apparently that means you were "essentially right". Or the time you claimed solemnly that CAS didn't use comfortable satisfaction? That was a good one hey. Maybe the evil yet strangely all-powerful "Hird PR team" (cause that's not paranoid or anything ;) ) you are always banging on about should hire you?

Anyway, it's a lovely thought that we're reading each others work. That's the one good thing about this saga, it brings people together. Don't you think? Anyway, you keep up the good fight, say g'day to Richard Young for me, no doubt you're having a late brunch with him in coming weeks and you can give everyone the inside scoop. And faultydet, I'm sure you're a nice chap, kisses.

Oh, and if you would indulge me for a second:

Hi Echols! Hi Lunchy! Hi Keithy! Now I actually have signed up here so you're no longer wrong, isn't that swell!

Whoever Sanity Prevails was it wasn't me. I can assure you I have no issue signing up under my BigFooty name and standing by any post I choose to make.

Lance, good to see you here. You really need the BF avatar though. It's one of my favourites on that forum.

• Like 2

Lance, good to see you here. You really need the BF avatar though. It's one of my favourites on that forum.

15630.jpg?1343259470

I've worked out your selfy!

Finger poised to hit delete

on the TB4 spreadsheet . . .

Aviators fool no-one . . Dean!!!

• Like 3

Whoever Sanity Prevails was it wasn't me. I can assure you I have no issue signing up under my BigFooty name and standing by any post I choose to make. In my opinion that poster did a [censored]-poor job of taking you to task, but there you go. I have only read bits and pieces of your stuff when it's inexplicably quoted on BigFooty and elsewhere as some kind of credible source - you're like a reverse fogdog!! It's pretty funny. But kudos to you, your [censored] has accumulated an impressive rolecall of acolytes so you should be proud. Not sure if it's the "WADA sources" or the "Medical professors, sorry eminent surgeons, just whatever it is at the time of writing" but it certainly sucks a lot of people in. I'm particularly impressed by the way your sycophants can bleat that you are always right. Who can forget the time you claimed that ASADA had enough evidence and would easily get Essendon players banned but that the AFL would give them a limp lettuce punishment which would be overturned by WADA. Apparently that means you were "essentially right". Or the time you claimed solemnly that CAS didn't use comfortable satisfaction? That was a good one hey. Maybe the evil yet strangely all-powerful "Hird PR team" (cause that's not paranoid or anything ;) ) you are always banging on about should hire you?

Anyway, it's a lovely thought that we're reading each others work. That's the one good thing about this saga, it brings people together. Don't you think? Anyway, you keep up the good fight, say g'day to Richard Young for me, no doubt you're having a late brunch with him in coming weeks and you can give everyone the inside scoop. And faultydet, I'm sure you're a nice chap, kisses.

Oh, and if you would indulge me for a second:

Hi Echols! Hi Lunchy! Hi Keithy! Now I actually have signed up here so you're no longer wrong, isn't that swell!

Who will you support if your team is banned for 2 years?

I will continue to support Essendon, because WADA can't ban teams. That is not even a possible outcome.

Ahhh, so the WADA code IS unsuited to this case.

And here I was, saying it didnt need to be toughened up.....

• Like 1

whilst being the best option we have currently, the WADA code is flawed in a number of key ways

Im tipping its only flawed in the areas that will possibly send your cheating mob to the wall?

This could have been over very quickly, had vlad not tipped you off, and given hird and co time to make the records dissappear.

Im looking forward to a guilty verdict. You dont burn records, and fight on technicalities if you have nothing to hide.

• Like 4

whilst being the best option we have currently, the WADA code is flawed in a number of key ways

Serious question mate.

Can you expeand on exactly what areas it is flawed, and what you think it should be? Ive yet to see any essendon supporter explain this stance in a coherant manner.

Im tipping its only flawed in the areas that will possibly send your cheating mob to the wall?

This could have been over very quickly, had vlad not tipped you off, and given hird and co time to make the records dissappear.

Im looking forward to a guilty verdict. You dont burn records, and fight on technicalities if you have nothing to hide.

nah, not at all. This saga has clearly exposed a flaw in the WADA code around record-keeping. If EFC get away with cheating because of a lack of records, and the WADA code isn't able to counter that, then that's a travesty and needs to be fixed. The thing is, these things need to be codified, not just hopefully achieved by a different interpretation of the same rules. If WADAs code does turn out to be inadequate then it needs to be fixed, and they too need to be held accountable.

There are other examples I can give, and happy to do so when I have time.

Basically, ASADA have screwed the pooch here. And it's not entirely their fault by any means. They were underfunded and under-resourced and pretty much never had a chance. This whole dirty episode is a watershed moment to improve anti-doping. You'll never get it perfect, but it needs to be better than it is currently.

nah, not at all. This saga has clearly exposed a flaw in the WADA code around record-keeping. If EFC get away with cheating because of a lack of records, and the WADA code isn't able to counter that, then that's a travesty and needs to be fixed. The thing is, these things need to be codified, not just hopefully achieved by a different interpretation of the same rules.

Fairly sure that has been changed already. There were changes to the rules that the AFL signed upto earlier this year, new rules on record keeping was part of the update. Obviously it would not be right to charge people retrospectively for inadequate record keeping.

Lance Welcome to Demonland!

As a special treat for you, I have a picture of your GOD.

truhird.gif

• Like 1