Changes next week

gOLLy

I can see Gawn coming in for pederson. We leave him at full forward and hope he takes the same number of marks as he did in the vfl. Plus hogan and Dawes then get the second and third defender and we subsequently don't get mauled in the ruck when resting spencer.

If Dawes doesn't pull up more reason too. Will Tyson play the year with his knee?

Viney and Jetta would be great ins (not sure for who - quite a few treading water)

From watching the game we looked a little slow with our decision making. Had the overlap and needed to pull the trigger and help the play up instead.

You're not wrong. Matt Jones turns the ball over too much to play AFL level.

Compared to the other 'elite' users of the ball currently in the side and not getting a sniff?

Edited by grazman
  • Like 1

Compared to the other 'elite' users of the ball currently in the side and not getting a sniff?

Matt Jones is a terrible kick and too small for AFL with his skill set.

I agree he runs hard.

I liked the look of Harmes in the VFL and think he will be upgraded soon. The only other players that need to come in are Viney and Jetta. Alex Neal-Bulleen does not look ready yet but will be a good player. We are really missing having a big body like Petracca in the midfield to help Jones at clearances. Viney and Trengove will be vital going forward. If we don't get Trengove back next year then we will have to replace with some experience.

• Like 2

Neal Bullen Harmnes and White will hopefully be in the mix in the over the next month.

We have had a good chance to educate players against 2 great teams the last 2 weeks, Id go again and see if it pays off against the doggies. JKH stays in ( goal kicking practice thank you )as does Wattsy Spencil ( jesus lift ya game son ) and even the Toump .

If anyone comes out for injury and the three youngins mentioned above are not quite ready with loading id go with Bail Jamar or Fitzy.

I reckon Smith at Casey could add to our mix maybe we look at him next year as a rookie

Did you even watch Casey yesterday before making those assumptions? Harmes and White are still a fair way off. Harmes was barely sighted yesterday and White is slowly developing who will need time.

Smith is not much chop at all either. Another who i rarely noticed until 3rd qtr.

We are slllllllooooooowwwwwww! Jetta and ginger pants cut us up!! We are also ssssmmmmaaaalllll!!

We were looking best when we had Kent, Frost and Viney in the trenches. Frost and Kent is a monumental loss of pace and all three missing takes away a hard edge that we need.

I think big Spence will be better for the run, wasn't too bad just gotta adjust to the pace of the main game.

I think Howe makes a better back an than a forward but in saying that if we can trade for a speedy mid bye bye.

Hogan is the truth. Hogan is the saviour. Hogan is life

• Like 2

Also hogan is like almost the only guy brave enough to take first option, instantly. He will back himself to weight a pass to a leading player and will nail it, while the rest of the simpletons wait, hesitate- opposition man up and then we have no options.

• Like 1

Nick maxwell on game day said Herbie is in trouble.. "We don't want people going in with their hips first" or some such. May be another forced change. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off or if he gets weeks (stupid match review panel)!

Unless Viney and Jetta come up, can't see too many changes. If they do, I wan't to see a restructure of our backline and forward line, to assist our mids. If they come in, 2 of Pedersen, Watts, and Howe get dropped. We need to move the ball quicker.

T.Mac and Dunn are the mainstays of our defence. Neither Howe nor Garland offer rebound and aren't lockdown backs. One has to make way for Jetta, and that's Howe, who'd I'd play up forward.

Whilst Pedersen took some nice marks down back, he's a liability up forward with his lack of work rate and slowness of mind.

Although both were average, I hope they don't drop Spencer and Toumpas.

Edited by mo64
  • Like 1

If Bernie cops weeks my interest in the sport will drop significantly, he is attacking the ball the way any footballer is taught from day one of their footy career, he attacked the ball, sometimes the other bloke cops a hit because of that, it's part of the game.

teach blokes to protect their heads better, it shouldn't be on the bloke attacking their ball to hesitate and change the way they go for it incase someone else might be there.

• Like 1

INS:

Viney, Jetta, maybe [Gawn/Michie/Jones]

OUTS:

Pedersen, JKH, maybe [Watts/Howe/Newton]

Gawn could come in and play 70% forward (but then his goal kicking sucks and we have seen him struggle at this level before)

Michie could come in but doesn't provide a whole lot of run

Jones could come in - at least he provides some run but his kicking is poor

Watts just isn't providing anything up forward (granted our midfield sucks but why can't our forwards just lead and mark inside 50?)

Maybe he should be put behind the ball as an extra defender so we can at least use his kicking.

Howe could be put up forward but again his kicking sucks.

Don't know why I even bothered...

Edited by Young Dee
  • Like 1

JKH needs to learn from the Salem school of composure. Looks to spend it before he has it. I'm a fan, but back to Casey to work on his timing.

INS:

Viney, Jetta, maybe [Gawn/Michie/Jones]

OUTS:

Pedersen, JKH, maybe [Watts/Howe/Newton]

Gawn could come in and play 70% forward (but then his goal kicking sucks and we have seen him struggle at this level before)

Michie could come in but doesn't provide a whole lot of run

Jones could come in - at least he provides some run but his kicking is poor

Watts just isn't providing anything up forward (granted our midfield sucks but why can't our forwards just lead and mark inside 50?)

Maybe he should be put behind the ball as an extra defender so we can at least use his kicking.

Howe could be put up forward but again his kicking sucks.

Don't know why I even bothered...

They can lead all they want.... Where to though? The other end of the ground where the ball is?

We could have Plugger, Dunstall, Jakovich, Gary Ablett Snr, Schwarz (at his prime) ALL inside the 50.... We still wouldn't kick a score that would win us the game!

The lack of RUN, CARRY and SPREAD in our midfield is destroying us....

But, alas.... Watch last nights replay and you will see young Billy Stretch looking to spread and getting on the end of a couple.... The kids ARE the future... Our current mid-age players are SHYTE! Barring a couple of the obvious ones...

:):):)

Edited by KrazyJay

Also hogan is like almost the only guy brave enough to take first option, instantly. He will back himself to weight a pass to a leading player and will nail it, while the rest of the simpletons wait, hesitate- opposition man up and then we have no options.

Atleast twice I saw him go back after taking a mark, wait for the umpire to call play on and then try and kick around the man on the mark. Yes he is a legend but now you're just talking [censored]

• Like 1

Nick maxwell on game day said Herbie is in trouble.. "We don't want people going in with their hips first" or some such. May be another forced change. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets off or if he gets weeks (stupid match review panel)!

It's Melbourne so he will get 3 down to 2 as a minimum.

In reality it was in the contest and not like May who went off the line of the ball to take a player out.

• Like 1

OUT: Vince (likely susp), Kennedy-Harris (was poor), Pedersen (team balance)

IN: Viney, Jetta, Fitzptrick

I know Fitzpatrick was poo for Casey this week, but his form before that has been good. We need another tall defender down back to mind Ceglar and help out in the ruck. This would allow McDonald to take Roughead, Dunn to Gunston, Garland on Breust and Howe to go forward.

Thought Watts was ok as the sub, so he can do it again for another week.

FB: Fitzpatrick, Dunn, Jetta

HB: Garland, McDonald, Lumumba

C: Toumpas, Cross, Viney

HF: Vandenberg, Hogan, Stretch

FF: Howe, Dawes, Garlett

FOLL: Spencer, Tyson, N. Jones

INT: Brayshaw, Newton, Salem

SUB: Watts

EMERG: Bail, Michie, Pedersen

Injury questions over Dawes and Tyson so would have Pedersen and Michie on standbye for them. Bail on stanbye in case Jetta doesn't get up from his concusion.

god i hope Bernie doesn't get rubbed out

To say we need him vs the Hawks is an understatement, especially if Viney isn't ready

And we definitely need them both the week after in a winnable game vs the Dogs

Out. JKH

In. M.Jones

No no no.JKH is learning and getting to more contests every week.

• Like 3

vince will go, i think, based upon the speculation heard thus far.

i can't comprehend why watts wasn't given a full game at vfl level, other than that we have no one actual worthwhile swapping him with.

spencer, toumpas must be persisted with, and given an opportunity. jkh and newton are borderline. pedersen the same, probably holds his spot to give spencil a chop-out.

OUT: vince (suspended), jkh, watts (both omitted)

IN: viney, jetta, michie

B: Jetta - Dunn - Garland

HB: Salem - T. McDonald - Howe

C: Lumumba - N. Jones - Viney

HF: vandenBerg - Dawes - Brayshaw

F: Pedersen - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Spencer - Tyson - Cross

I/C: Toumpas - Newton - Michie

Sub: Stretch

Emerg: Neal-Bullen - Gawn - Grimes

we are so, so slow and stodgy and lacking in gneuine rotations through the midfield. even if anb gets a go, unfortunately he's not quick either. i'm hoping petracca, if he comes back next year to full capacity (unlikely, generally takes 18-24 months to recover from a knee reco), does not move at glacial pace; we desperately need some leg speed.

Edited by DemonAndrew

Out: JKH, Pederson

In: Viney, Jetta

Dunn Mcdonald Jetta

Cross Garland Lamumba

Salem Viney Toumpas

Watts Hogan Brayshaw

Garlett Dawes Howe

Spencer Jones Tyson

Vince, Newton, VandenBerg

Stretch

Out: JKH, [Pedersen]

In: Viney, Jetta

Dunn Mcdonald Jetta

Cross Garland Lamumba

Salem Viney Toumpas

Watts Hogan Brayshaw

Garlett Dawes Howe

Spencer Jones Tyson

Vince, Newton, VandenBerg

Stretch

Ideal changes there.

Stretch as sub, he looked puffed after 5 minutes last night.

Isnt it sad and disturbing that I think we are a chance against the Hawks (if Viney and Jetta come in and Vince isnt suspended) ,... just 12 hours after that debacle last night and i think we can beat the reigning premiers

. God help us all

Edited by hogans_heroes

My changes for next week v Hawks...

OUT: JKH, Pedersen, Howe

IN: Viney, Jetta, Michie

There's an injury cloud over both Dawes and Tyson, a suspension cloud over Vince, and Viney and Jetta are no guarantee to be right, so anything could happen with changes this week.

JKH and Howe have been steadily going downhill and need a week or two for Casey to re-focus. Pedo comes out for team balance given how slow we looked last night, which is also why I have Michie coming in after some good Casey form and a need for some run and spread.

Would play Stretch as sub this week, was good but looked stuffed after 10 minutes and his disposal efficiency suffered because of it.

Reserves players are not up to scratch,Sandringham easily had their measure.Paul Roos has stated that we are short on good back up players,our reserves have been compared to Hawthorn being much more "senior"prepared.

If you don't give the lads in the reserves a fair go in the 1st's one cannot acheive what the Hawks have achieved. Giving appraisal of reserve players and not the senior players on the mfc website is not what I would call a club culture.

Who the Dees bring in and drop will not make a difference against next week wounded beast Hawthorn ………. I wish for the opposite.

• Like 1