• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - ROUND 2, 2015

Demonland

I'm worried about next week, Adelaide are amazing!! They are so skilful, so much pressure on the opposition... We're screwed if we play the way we did today next week.

They are giving it to the Pies atm

Didn't see the second half (luckily) but can someone tell me what Roos did at half time because it looked ominous in the second quarter...

Don't think the coach can escape scrutiny after an effort like this.

• Like 3

Roos needs to pull back on the references to a "lack of talent". It's up there with Neeld's age and games experience excuses and I don't want to hear it anymore. There is enough top end talent in the squad. Just get on with it Paul.

• Like 10

With the benefit of hindsight. The only player listed above you would even think of adding to the side today would have been Mitchie.

All the others are way too slow.

Michie/ Michie Michie. Was excellent today as was Pedo. Toump needs to be coached how to handball. Shocking.

• Like 1

Roos needs to pull back on the references to a "lack of talent". It's up there with Neeld's age and games experience excuses and I don't want to hear it anymore. There is enough top end talent in the squad. Just get on with it Paul.

Agreed. Plus he's now hand picked like 75% of the list so if he doesn't think we have talent then I'm worried about a whole lot of stuff.

• Like 2

Do you actually think Hogan would have done so well if Dawes wasn't there to stop him from being double teamed, taking another opponent etc.? I agree he did [censored] all around the ground, but there are other roles a forward play which help other forwards excel. Come on.

You're better than this MS.

Song he was [censored].

Hogan was just as good last week and we didn't have Dawes.

the guy is useless full stop.

• Like 2

Yes, it was disappointing.

Yes, we should have stopped the flow on of goals.

Yes, our leaders should have but didn't stand up.

Yes, our team will learn from this.

Yes, i still have faith in our direction.

Keep the faith fellow supporters, we will lose matches.

• Like 4

We are just such a shallow and slow midfield and that's where it's won and lost. Cross, Tyson, Jones and Viney couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. The likes of Shiel, Treloar and Griffen had 5 meters on them in the blink of an eye.

We are 3-4 quality midfielders away from being a good side. The Trengove, Toumpas and Cale Morton picks continue to kill us as they should be 3 solid AFL midfielders. It would be nice to be getting something out of the petracca pick as well but we know the bad luck there.

We will continue to be haunted by our horrible development and drafting for years to come.

You just look at the players we missed and shudder. We could have been unstoppable if we nailed those picks, in the same way the Hawks used two consecutive drafts of high draft picks (and priority picks) to build a premiership-winning future, we wouldn't be in this mess.

when the game stepped up we were to slow on the outside, same as both contests last year, Roos is a dud instead of adding pace he adds a Tall & a unfit player. Went for the safety of big names. Gutless

no, the selection panel selected players who will need the run. so they're ready for the inform Crows.

maybe our players looked to far ahead, or they're sore from last week. either way, they took the foot off the gas.

Agreed. Plus he's now hand picked like 75% of the list so if he doesn't think we have talent then I'm worried about a whole lot of stuff.

he's building the list as quickly as were allowed, & some players will be 'temps', as we continue to add talent.

he's right, but needed to show a comparison to the AFL supported Giants list. hopefully we can add a Shiel or another, along our journey.

were NOT top 8 material Yet.

Was 19-27 at half time (their favour) which indicated they had got on top but not put it on the board.

yep.

Edited by dee-luded

No there's not.

We have perhaps one player in the best 50 in the comp.

When you're talking raw talent we have Salem, Viney, Tyson, Jones, McDonald, Hogan, Kennedy-Harris, Vince, the list goes on. Still plenty of high draft picks in this lot. Previously Roos was also touting the inclusion of Garlett and Lumumba as adding to the talent level. This week it's back to being a talent wasteland. It's a nonsense cop out, and it's also hardly inspiring for his players to hear the coach blame a lack of talent.

There's not many teams in the competition that are good enough to get by without sustained effort, so to single out a lack of talent is just a cop out in my book. Sick of hearing it.

• Like 1

We will continue to be haunted by our horrible development and drafting for years to come.

You just look at the players we missed and shudder. We could have been unstoppable if we nailed those picks, in the same way the Hawks used two consecutive drafts of high draft picks (and priority picks) to build a premiership-winning future, we wouldn't be in this mess.

maybe you mean, our horrible self destructive culture we've had for 50 + yrs, that keeps coming out to eat our hard earned discipline, when we start to look the goods.

.... the arrogance starts to whisper sweet nothings in our players little shell likes, & before you know it, we are way in front of ourselves; like an out of body experience, in our own lunchboxes.

give Col a call. he's avail'.

when we get arrogant, we start the journey to lose.

You just look at the players we missed and shudder.

I look at the free run the Giants had at the draft, the 17 year olds, the NSW players, the extended list, the salary cap allowance ... and shudder.

There was never a worse time to be looking to rebuild through the draft than what existed over the years we so desperately needed it. All of the cream was taken off the top, as was obvious in what we saw running around against us today.

Against that, the drafting we've done over the last couple of seasons has been potentially great, with hardly a foot wrong. But, as with the Giants, it will take 3 or 4 years.

• Like 3

Listening to Roos presser... Why was there a lack of effort... Did players think that it would just happen?

That's been the MFC culture for a long long time. No killer instinct. You'd think after the last decade they'd be so bloodthirsty and out to prove a point. Nup, obviously they were pretty happy with last week's effort and after the first quarter thought it was just gonna happen. Disgraceful.

Particularly disappointed with Garletts game. Looked disinterested.

Not sure Jetta is the same player as last year. Can see him being replaced by Grimes.

need to let him settle, ah la watts last year.

bringing grimes in, when he needs to resurrect his career, & recover from the damage he's endured for 5 or 6 Yrs, it's the wrong time for him.

allow him 3 or 4 weeks at Casey, to start to enjoy the game once again, & let his mind reset his mental template. he needs time to readjust his play habits & mental patterns. time away will help this.

Jetta isn't a bludger, but he may fear not measuring up to his last years efforts? he'll get past this.

we need gut runners to help thru the middle.