THE DRUG SCANDAL: AFL TRIBUNAL DECIDES

Whispering_Jack

shane is just making it perfectly clear to everyone what an unreliable witness he would make

no-one would put him up as a witness

what a great strategy, nearly as good as the lost records strategy

Look at the photo of him outside court

The guy is off his box...!

shane is just making it perfectly clear to everyone what an unreliable witness he would make

no-one would put him up as a witness

what a great strategy, nearly as good as the lost records strategy

maybe he needs reminding about the concept called PERJURY !!

yeah, but nobody would want to touch him now, bub

but yeah, needs to caught on a big lie.....and his mate dank

i reckon WSvic might have a crack !!!
  • Like 1

i reckon WSvic might have a crack !!!

They can force him to testify and then catch him out lying - then the whole Essendon facade will crumble before our eyes. It would certainly help the WADA case which could take three months anyway.

• Like 1

No, not weird at all but rather, consistent with everything that's been revealed about a system of administering substances into the bodies of a team of elite athletes at a professional sporting club in this country attended by shady figures with underworld connections to banned drugs.

What's weird are the conclusions of the AFL Tribunal which was apparently comfortable about drawing no inferences surrounding the conduct and the knowledge of these shady figures concerning information on the substances that were administered at the Essendon Football Club and have mysteriously have gone missing.

• Like 5

They can force him to testify and then catch him out lying - then the whole Essendon facade will crumble before our eyes. It would certainly help the WADA case which could take three months anyway.

it is the domino of choice me thinks

No, not weird at all but rather, consistent with everything that's been revealed about a system of administering substances into the bodies of a team of elite athletes at a professional sporting club in this country attended by shady figures with underworld connections to banned drugs.

What's weird are the conclusions of the AFL Tribunal which was apparently comfortable about drawing no inferences surrounding the conduct and the knowledge of these shady figures concerning information on the substances that were administered at the Essendon Football Club and have mysteriously have gone missing..

Geez Jack, the guy is just trying to feed his family! Coppers come along take all his medications, haul him into court on trumped up charges . . the real villain here is that little "thug" McDevitt who continues his vendetta against innocent and defenseless athletes to further his political aspirations!

In a recent interview (below) this nasty little man McDevitt accuses esteemed commentator Alan Jones of willful ignorance . . I mean really!!

For the first time since last month's furore when 34 Essendon players were found not guilty of ASADA​ doping charges, Mr McDevitt​ has spoken of the threats to bomb his agency, the "wilful ignorance" of commentators such as Alan Jones and the new ways his staff will weed out sports cheats.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/public-service/australian-sports-antidoping-authority-chief-executive-ben-mcdevitt-talks-bomb-threats-and-restructure-20150507-ggv6r9.html

• Like 1

Alan Jones.......meh :unsure:

Nothing fro wada yet. Dramatic effect?

When does window shut?

tuesday.. ( swiss time I think ..?? )

I wonder if WADA would bother appealing if the final development of the TB4 blood test is on the horizon? If so I would not waste the time, money and energy If I were them.

I wonder if WADA would bother appealing if the final development of the TB4 blood test is on the horizon? If so I would not waste the time, money and energy If I were them.

do we know much about the stored samples?

are all players covered?

are there multiple samples/player?

are they in the right timeframe?

are they blood or hair or both?

i ask because the recent efc troll on here intimated there are only 2 samples

Can they? They may be able to force him to appear, but doesn't he have a right to silence (so he doesn't incriminate himself)?

Alan Jones.......meh :unsure:

Don't underestimate the power and influence of Alan Jones over every NSW-based politician in the country (and some Queensland ones, too). Victorians don't understand how influential he is. He's far more powerful in NSW than any media figure in Victoria.

Can they? They may be able to force him to appear, but doesn't he have a right to silence (so he doesn't incriminate himself)?

Don't underestimate the power and influence of Alan Jones over every NSW-based politician in the country (and some Queensland ones, too). Victorians don't understand how influential he is. He's far more powerful in NSW than any media figure in Victoria.

It would be easy to get around that, all WADA would need to do is stand up there with the testimony he gave ASADA and quote it, after quoting it they could simply ask 'is this true?'. If he refuses to answer then the testimony stands (with lower weight placed on it). If he answers yes then testimony was true and now backed by being sworn testimony. Where it falls down for ASADA is if he says it is not, they could ask what is not true and I would think he could refuse to answer. Then it would be up to the judges to work out how to handle the testimony.

Im fully conversant with who the bugger is. Just dont rate him as a human being. Hes not alone though. Terribly full of their own self import.

• Like 1

Deliberate pun?

not particularly

Is Essendon paying Jones for his favorable support?

Is cash for comments back on the agenda again?

• Like 1

From what I can see, not too many seem to share your view. The outcome at the tribunal turned on one decision, whether or not it was TB4 that left the plant - that manufactures TB4.

Once that domino didn't fall, none of the others followed.

I think Mc Devitt feels that the AFL tribunal stopped the domino from falling, which it should have done and then taken the other ones with it.

• Like 1