Dion Prestia

Reading from the top of the thread downward, it is funny how things snowball. 'Middymalt' probably just pulled this out of his arse and now people are mentioning possible trade scenarios...

Tyson has only been at the club for a couple of years, is a very good player (had an underrated season to an extent, I think) and is contracted. Seriously, I think some of the discussion would be better spent on other potential scenarios.

Tyson won't be going anywhere.

It was in the Herald Sun this morning... so thats actually a step down from a forum trade rumour.

• Like 2

Reading from the top of the thread downward, it is funny how things snowball. 'Middymalt' probably just pulled this out of his arse and now people are mentioning possible trade scenarios...

Tyson has only been at the club for a couple of years, is a very good player (had an underrated season to an extent, I think) and is contracted. Seriously, I think some of the discussion would be better spent on other potential scenarios.

Tyson won't be going anywhere.

Before you insult me I read it in the sun , there's some real nasty pieces of work on this forum, I don't make statements up to get replys.

Before you insult me I read it in the sun , there's some real nasty pieces of work on this forum, I don't make statements up to get replys.

Reference that in the future then mate. Just coming in here with something and not saying where you got it from is bad form. There have been many that have done it over the years so that is why many posters, including myself, are wary of people who come in and put forward a rumour without backing it up. If you had said it was from the Sun then it wouldn't have been a problem.

Reference that in the future then mate. Just coming in here with something and not saying where you got it from is bad form. There have been many that have done it over the years so that is why many posters, including myself, are wary of people who come in and put forward a rumour without backing it up. If you had said it was from the Sun then it wouldn't have been a problem.

Exactly. Especially when people seem to pop up and create accounts for just the trade period, it's hard to take information seriously. But my mistake for not looking further into the rumour.

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

Lewis, Hodge, Burgoyne all 185+. Yeah Mitchell is 179 but even he's 4cm taller than Prestia.

We have Vendenberg, Tyson, Petracca, Brayshaw, Trengove, Watts as tall mids...

As for Prestia, I don't think it matters much - if you're below 185 you may as well be 175.

• Like 1

Why on Gods green earth would we trade out one of our best mids for ? Dom had a quieter year compared to '14 but if he ended up at Richmond I'd be seriously pist off.

me too

Im thinking he ought to bounce back in 16. Weed be crazy to unload a decent mid.

It's hilarious how the reaction to Tyson possibly being nabbed is "OMG as if, we would never do that, they'd need to give us like 50 draft picks' but when the discussion is about us nabbing someone else's gun it's full of reasonable reasons about how we can get it done

• Like 1

As for Prestia, I don't think it matters much - if you're below 185 you may as well be 175.

Watts, ha, is not a mid, if he plays consistently in 2016 it will be from a high HF with ventures onto a wing.

2 of the other 5 are kids and Trengove is a walking question mark.

I think size is important but can be overcome - look at Viney, he is 6'2 when the ball is in dispute...

• Like 6

It's hilarious how the reaction to Tyson possibly being nabbed is "OMG as if, we would never do that, they'd need to give us like 50 draft picks' but when the discussion is about us nabbing someone else's gun it's full of reasonable reasons about how we can get it done

The supporters of the other 17 clubs do the exact same thing C + B

Petracca hasn't played an AFL game, Trengove is unlikely to play again IMO, and Watts isn't a mid and probably won't be at the club next year anyway.

Our current 3 best mids are Vince, Viney, Jones - all smallish.

Petracca hasn't played an AFL game, Trengove is unlikely to play again IMO, and Watts isn't a mid and probably won't be at the club next year anyway.

Beggars can't be choosers Old. If Prestia is the best we can do (and I rate him highly) then the fact he misses on ticking one box is not a deal breaker.

He's not ideal but as far as I'm aware Fyfe doesn't want to come.

• Like 1

Vince is 188 cm mate. Edited by Moneider96

Beggars can't be choosers Old. If Prestia is the best we can do (and I rate him highly) then the fact he misses on ticking one box is not a deal breaker.

He's not ideal but as far as I'm aware Fyfe doesn't want to come.

Fyfe is from Lake Grace in WA and went to Acquinas College in Perth. He is home.

Sorry, I didn't realise we have an army of smalls to work with.

Our entire midfield is based on the future, so you'd be silly to discount Petracca, and I don't believe you're correct about the proven Trengove.

All BS aside, IIRC Richmond were chasing Tyson since the day he was drafted. Not sure how concrete this part is but word was that they had been in Tysons ear all along and he wanted to get to Richmond but they couldn't facilitate a trade. That's when the Dee's jumped in.

I'd be surprised if he wanted to leave Melbourne now though.

• Like 2

23 Bernie Vince
Height 186 cm DOB 02-10-1985 Weight 87 kg Debut -
Not so small really.
Edited by ManDee
  • Like 1

Yeah trading a unknown kid for a young proven midfielder is a bad idea...

I try and understand you Dee luded, but [censored] me it's like Alice falling down the rabbit hole.

I guess your talking about trading P-6 ?

if so, there is no way I would trade it this year, unless part of the 'Danger' bid.

Prestia we can organise in other ways, players or future picks.. but not at this years top 10 kids expense. they, our recruitment team just have to get creative to Press the case to come home. & they have to stop looking for easy outcomes. get creative you guys.

• Like 1

I guess your talking about trading P-6 ?

if so, there is no way I would trade it this year, unless part of the 'Danger' bid.

Prestia we can organise in other ways, players or future picks.. but not at this years top 10 kids expense. they, our recruitment team just have to get creative to Press the case to come home. & they have to stop looking for easy outcomes. get creative you guys.

But why would you advocate we give up picks in next year's draft which is far, far stronger?