Angus Brayshaw signs contract extension till 2018

dees189227

Roos secured the Sydney coaching job when the players jacked up and demanded that he be reappointed. He's clearly a man who inspires faith in his team, and perhaps we're seeing signs of that here. It's pretty clear that Lumumba came because of Roos. If I'm right, this means that the transition to Goodwin will be a critical moment for the club.

• Like 3

Roos secured the Sydney coaching job when the players jacked up and demanded that he be reappointed. He's clearly a man who inspires faith in his team, and perhaps we're seeing signs of that here. It's pretty clear that Lumumba came because of Roos. If I'm right, this means that the transition to Goodwin will be a critical moment for the club.

Agree ET, and re-signing players now will assist the smooth transition. They are getting a good look at Goodwin and how he operates as a coach. Players re committing into his tenure as senior coach is a good sign IMO.

Good news, but I'm getting flashbacks from when Trengove extended his contract and Scully didn't.

Good point. I wonder why one and not the other. Wonder if they tried and he wasn't interested or they haven't tried. I would have thought the Big P was more of a concern to do this than Brayshaw. Either way its still great to get one locked for a few more years.

Good point. I wonder why one and not the other. Wonder if they tried and he wasn't interested or they haven't tried. I would have thought the Big P was more of a concern to do this than Brayshaw. Either way its still great to get one locked for a few more years.

I am quietly confident that we will see Petracca next. You only have to look at his reaction on Draft Night to get the feeling that these two blokes want to play in the same team! Edited by CBDees
  • Like 1

I am quietly confident that we will see Petracca next. You only have to look at his reaction on Draft Night to get the feeling that these two blokes want to play in the same team!

You're right. Certainly looked that way.

What a strange era we are entering into when we are getting relieved about signing extensions on players who haven't even played a game yet.

• Like 1

a354b2d2c7959f9562a365af5c0bb27c

" data-width="466">

• Like 1

I am quietly confident that we will see Petracca next. You only have to look at his reaction on Draft Night to get the feeling that these two blokes want to play in the same team!

He might like it, but he probably likes money more

Imagine getting a 4-year contract at age 18 with zero games to your name

The players have really done a number on everybody and have way, way, way too much power these days

He might like it, but he probably likes money more

Imagine getting a 4-year contract at age 18 with zero games to your name

The players have really done a number on everybody and have way, way, way too much power these days

To be perfectly honest I would want a kid taken at ND3 given an automatic 4 year deal anyway.

The fact that Scully was OOC as a number one after 2 years is in institutional problem - high draft picks should have more guaranteed years.

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest I would want a kid taken at ND3 given an automatic 4 year deal anyway.

The fact that Scully was OOC as a number one after 2 years is in institutional problem - high draft picks should have more guaranteed years.

Would it matter? Boyd walked after one.

But I agree, and I'm starting to warm to your idea of players just being tradable commodities and that trade being at the discretion of the club. What is happening now is far too much in favour of the player, and mainly the "best" players.

• Like 1

what's so good about locking them in for those years anyway? It is really year 6/7/8/9 that the major damage is done on-field, and these kids will still get the opportunity to run for the big money at age 22 anyway

• Like 2

what's so good about locking them in for those years anyway? It is really year 6/7/8/9 that the major damage is done on-field, and these kids will still get the opportunity to run for the big money at age 22 anyway

ND1 gets the same years as ND89.

The worst teams have access to the best players for a reason - they should have them under contract for longer than 2 years. The Boyd situation a few months ago was ridiculous.

Partnered with a rule that means that draftees have to a year (I prefer two years) removed from school and the worst clubs will have these players at 20-23 on a modest contract, unlike what Boyd is on, and to a far lesser extent what Hogan is on.

As one poster previously mentioned, I would love to see Angus Brayshaw play 400 games too! But let him play ONE senior game for the Demons first. (Although I will admit seeing him play 350 games and winning a few Premierships would be wonderful!).

Anyways, I just hope this contract extension will encourage his mate Christian Petracca to do the same?! We'll just have to wait and see I guess?

Edited by Supreme_Demon
  • Like 1

Can't disagree with that. Then you've got Hogan on 500 a year- yet to kick a ball in the H&A season- where do u go with him after those many busicuits for zero return? He has a good season in a contract year, he'll be holding out his paws for a billion probably

Can't disagree with that. Then you've got Hogan on 500 a year- yet to kick a ball in the H&A season- where do u go with him after those many busicuits for zero return? He has a good season in a contract year, he'll be holding out his paws for a billion probably

Probably, but we'd still be fools for not signing him anyways.