FAREWELL JEREMY HOWE

What

Greg Denham on SEN with KB this morning said that the Howe move to GCS is off he simply wants too many dollars.

At his asking price there are no current suitors.

Love him or loath him Denham has been correct a lot of the time about the MFC.

so.....Howe low do we go ?? :)

Looks like the GWS 'cat amongst the pidgeons' offer on the final day of trade-week has had the desired effect and absolutely farked with Jeremy's head.

I would say he still has offers at hand, but maybe not watt he was hoping for in terms of 4 Yr contract length,,, & the dollars to some extent.

From what Roos has spoke of the club haven't officially put any contract to him as it was Howe's decision to test the market first.

I think the club have played this flawlessly. They knew Howe would test the market and be in for a shock.

We didn't take his bluff by putting forth an offer that was overs.

• Like 3

I think the club have played this flawlessly. They knew Howe would test the market and be in for a shock.

We didn't take his bluff by putting forth an offer that was overs.

Exactly & they are probably quite happy to have him hooking himself round as he is one of the only players on our list who has trade value to other clubs but is expendable in terms of impact on our list.
  • Like 2

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/jake-melksham-set-to-join-melbourne-20150917-gjpbyy.html

Scoop said Melksham, 24, was heading for an Essendon exit in a move that will only intensify speculation over the future of Demons high-flyer Jeremy Howe.

"Howe's been waiting for a contract offer from the Demons for 10 days," Scoop explained on Sports Today.

"It's fair to say he's relatively miffed with Melksham getting the same amount of money he has asked for.

"He's not feeling the love at Melbourne."

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/jake-melksham-set-to-join-melbourne-20150917-gjpbyy.html

Scoop said Melksham, 24, was heading for an Essendon exit in a move that will only intensify speculation over the future of Demons high-flyer Jeremy Howe.

"Howe's been waiting for a contract offer from the Demons for 10 days," Scoop explained on Sports Today.

"It's fair to say he's relatively miffed with Melksham getting the same amount of money he has asked for.

"He's not feeling the love at Melbourne."

I'm not suggesting the above is wrong, but, there has been so much speculation about Howe that nobody can make sense of it. One minute there is an offer on the table, next minute there is lots of interest, the next minute he asking for far too much money and will come crawling back to us, now apparently there is no offer even on the table.

Who knows what to believe.

• Like 3

Obviously the bloke with 'Scoop' as his nickname. Probably signs off emails with it now and is getting it embroidered into a hat as I type. Introduces himself at work functions as 'THE Scoop McClure'. Sounds like one of those horrible newspaper comics from the 50s.

Old Scoopy McScoop.

• Like 2

Better yet, drop the price. He comes crawling back, we give him at least 150-200k less than what he wanted. Then let's see how he goes.

Brilliant. Would work wonders for the club in a game when things started to go wrong. Can't imagine anything better than having a player [censored] off by that insult wondering why he is bothering during a match when extra commitment suddenly becomes required. Offer him what he's worth and leave it at that.

• Like 1

Howe, by his own efforts ( or as result of his manager's) has come totally unstuck. His decision making off field isnt much better than on field it would seem.

I would imagine the club will have a very frank discussion with him/them. Not nasty just a what-is tete a tete ; clear the air and see what is best path forward. Maybe he stays at Melbourne, maybe he doesn't. Either way he's now currency.

Well done Howey...kicking goals...all own-ones !!!

This has gone on for too long now, and I think the Club must have serious reservations about whether Jeremy Howe is fair dinkum about playing for the jumper and with his team mates, which might sound old-fashioned but still much more important than playing for the dollar. I think he has done his dash now, and I reckon the Club should trade him.

• Like 3

This has gone on for too long now, and I think the Club must have serious reservations about whether Jeremy Howe is fair dinkum about playing for the jumper and with his team mates, which might sound old-fashioned but still much more important than playing for the dollar. I think he has done his dash now, and I reckon the Club should trade him.

Maybe his preferred club is still playing finals and wear purple jumpers.

Swap Howe for Aish that's a fair deal and both club keep there draft picks

Edited by Middymalt
  • Like 3

Howe, by his own efforts ( or as result of his manager's) has come totally unstuck. His decision making off field isnt much better than on field it would seem.

I would imagine the club will have a very frank discussion with him/them. Not nasty just a what-is tete a tete ; clear the air and see what is best path forward. Maybe he stays at Melbourne, maybe he doesn't. Either way he's now currency.

Well done Howey...kicking goals...all own-ones !!!

As has been stated by others, I don't really blame the players. Jeremy like all others is looking to set himself up financially. Given the mercenary nature of the market and also that of the clubs, who can blame the players. Just ask all the players recently delisted, As you point out, perhaps it is his managers fault. These guys are like real estate agents and will talk up a trade or sale for their own personal gain.