• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Some Players on Notice in 2015

DeeVoted

As a passionate and long time member / supporter of this once great footy club, I expect more than the tripe that has been dished up over the last decade. I hate the way footy has changed over the years, made worse by our pitiful performances.

I have come to except the changes, although I don't agree with most of them, but I can't except second rate teams with sub standard levels of football nous. That has been us to a tee, sadly.

Thank god for PJ mostly , and P.Roos for giving a chance to get back where we should be, that is to play in the finals in the near future. What PJ has done has been remarkable.

Having read the training reports and the positivity has me wishing this season can't come quick enough. There is a lot to like so far.Hogan is just one for starters. I'm looking forward to a big improvement this year, 8 wins?

The downisde is, and taking into account not a shot has been fired yet, I am seeing, hearing, the same culprits STILL with issues in regards to skill levels. There is nothing more frustrating watching us win the footy, only to see it handed over, then watch the ball came back in quicker than it left, then they score. Someone listed a stat on our turnovers that the oppostions scored from, breaks my heart and kills the team spirit.

To keep improving we need to keep turing the list over. So during the year I have penciled in some players if they cant improve, will be on my short list to go. At the end of the year we are required to make list changes.

1: Trenners: (love the guy to bits) injury cloud on his playing future, nearly traded to my horror.

Fully fit will be an assett. (Wont know where he is at with his football until next year?)

2: Grimes: no doubting his courage etc, but geez, if he keeps missing targets coming out of the backline, at 25 we really need to ask the question if he is up too AFL std and is he helping our cause.

3: Spencer: Big angry young talls are hard to find, but needs to do a LOT more.

4: Fitzpatrick: Good pace etc, but has butter fingers, that could cost us a game. Would love for him to cement a spot.

5: Terlick: must be very nervous, so many pushing for the 1/2 backline.

6: McKenzie: Limited to what he can bring to a game. Great tagger, but gives nothing else. If anyone gives him the ball in our forward fifty ever again, I'll throw up.

So there is my 5 I will have my eye on this year. Someone has to make room for our draft picks. The rest on the list seem safe atm

but its a long way to go. I'm pretty confident the other players will go ok this year, Time will tell

• Like 4

And a few others...

When fans say 'anyone is tradeable' or 'everyone is on notice' my eyes roll.

Their list would be smaller if they thought about it for 5 mins.

Exactly. If Hogan or Tyson have poor seasons, are we going to put them in the gun?

In theory everyone is tradeable, but in practice only the middle 1/3 of the list are tradeable and only the bottom 1/3 are on notice.

• Like 8

I reckon we will not recognise our starting 22 by the end of this season. More than a handful of the seasoned players of the past few years will be overtaken and some surprising developers will overtake. I reckon the following are on notice:
Jack Grimes. Love this bloke to death and wish our whole list had his heart, but he ruins momentum too often.

Colin Garland. Also love this bloke but if we develop Frost and 1 other tall-ish defender, I can see him slipping to Casey scorpions. Possibly saved by Frawley departure.

Jake Spencer. Simply has not developed as a footballer.

Daniel Cross. Will be over-run by mid year by a developing mid-fielder.

Jordie MacKenzie. Too many other options ahead of him but he may be kept around for major tagging roles (Ablett etc...)

The 5 to watch who might launch into the 22 are:

Ben Newton.

Billy Stretch

Angus Brayshaw

Jayden Hunt

Jimmy Toumpas

"As a passionate and long time member / supporter of this once great footy club, I expect more than the tripe that has been dished up over the last decade. I hate the way footy has changed over the years, made worse by our pitiful performances.

I have come to accept the changes, although I don't agree with most of them, but I can't accept second rate teams with sub standard levels of football nous. That has been us to a tee, sadly."

I am in total agreement with this you describe me to a tee.

Agree 1 - 5

However I would think there are a few others as well, from memory we changed eight players last year that probably leaves 8 - 10 who struggle to be Above a bottom 4 side quality.

Therefore there are 4 -5 more in danger of being added to your list

Edited by old dee

I reckon we will not recognise our starting 22 by the end of this season. More than a handful of the seasoned players of the past few years will be overtaken and some surprising developers will overtake. I reckon the following are on notice:

Jack Grimes. Love this bloke to death and wish our whole list had his heart, but he ruins momentum too often.

Colin Garland. Also love this bloke but if we develop Frost and 1 other tall-ish defender, I can see him slipping to Casey scorpions. Possibly saved by Frawley departure.

Jordie MacKenzie. Too many other options ahead of him but he may be kept around for major tagging roles (Ablett etc...)

Ben Newton.

Billy Stretch

Angus Brayshaw

Jayden Hunt

Jimmy Toumpas

I share your excitement about Jayden Hunt.. I reckon this bloke can turn out to be a real find. Not sure if it'll necessarily be this year though, still quite lightly framed but with his pace and skill he could really light it up!

Would tie him to Lamumba and hope he develops the same desire to take on the game and chance his arm.

Wow, a lot can change in a season of footy. This time last year Col Garland was coming off a year where injury cost him a Bluey. Now people are suggesting he is on notice.

Competition for spots really does create pressure to perform.

He is out of contract this year TK.

After a poor 2014 he needs a good one or the offer from the MFC and others will not be high.

No doubt. Just pointing out that 12 months is a long time in footy. Blokes we're pasting today may be offered 3 year deals by season end.

I live in hope TK but a few would need a very big turn around.

• Like 1

As a passionate and long time member / supporter of this once great footy club, I expect more than the tripe that has been dished up over the last decade. I hate the way footy has changed over the years, made worse by our pitiful performances.

I have come to except the changes, although I don't agree with most of them, but I can't except second rate teams with sub standard levels of football nous. That has been us to a tee, sadly.

Thank god for PJ mostly , and P.Roos for giving a chance to get back where we should be, that is to play in the finals in the near future. What PJ has done has been remarkable.

Having read the training reports and the positivity has me wishing this season can't come quick enough. There is a lot to like so far.Hogan is just one for starters. I'm looking forward to a big improvement this year, 8 wins?

The downisde is, and taking into account not a shot has been fired yet, I am seeing, hearing, the same culprits STILL with issues in regards to skill levels. There is nothing more frustrating watching us win the footy, only to see it handed over, then watch the ball came back in quicker than it left, then they score. Someone listed a stat on our turnovers that the oppostions scored from, breaks my heart and kills the team spirit.

To keep improving we need to keep turing the list over. So during the year I have penciled in some players if they cant improve, will be on my short list to go. At the end of the year we are required to make list changes.

1: Trenners: (love the guy to bits) injury cloud on his playing future, nearly traded to my horror.

Fully fit will be an assett. (Wont know where he is at with his football until next year?)

2: Grimes: no doubting his courage etc, but geez, if he keeps missing targets coming out of the backline, at 25 we really need to ask the question if he is up too AFL std and is he helping our cause.

3: Spencer: Big angry young talls are hard to find, but needs to do a LOT more.

4: Fitzpatrick: Good pace etc, but has butter fingers, that could cost us a game. Would love for him to cement a spot.

5: Terlick: must be very nervous, so many pushing for the 1/2 backline.

6: McKenzie: Limited to what he can bring to a game. Great tagger, but gives nothing else. If anyone gives him the ball in our forward fifty ever again, I'll throw up.

So there is my 5 I will have my eye on this year. Someone has to make room for our draft picks. The rest on the list seem safe atm

but its a long way to go. I'm pretty confident the other players will go ok this year, Time will tell

Just a couple of points

Re Fitzpatrick, if he averages more than a goal a game, how does this cost us a game?

If you are going to criticise a player, get the name right, I am sure Dean Terlich would appreciate that, he is not nervous by the way, looking forward to the challenge of getting into 22 and playing well enough to stay there

The highlighted assume you are referring to when Nathan Jones fluffed a kick in the praccy game, that nearly cost a goal?

Edited by The Devil Inside

Ben Newton.

Billy Stretch

Angus Brayshaw

Jayden Hunt

Jimmy Toumpas

That has just made me laugh out loud in public, he was really good in the praccy game

Ben Newton.

Billy Stretch

Angus Brayshaw

Jayden Hunt

Jimmy Toumpas

Daniel Cross will only be rested to preserve him for this year and next year.

Bonus for the club, bonus for the youngsters, hard as a cat's head and an absolute exemplar of professionalism.

I'd love to see him managed well so that he plays next year as well.

• Like 11

I share your excitement about Jayden Hunt.. I reckon this bloke can turn out to be a real find. Not sure if it'll necessarily be this year though, still quite lightly framed but with his pace and skill he could really light it up!

Would tie him to Lamumba and hope he develops the same desire to take on the game and chance his arm.

I was quite surprised to notice that Jayden Hunt had put on a bit of size when I watched training a few weeks ago.

He looks like a second year player now, so his frame shouldn't hold him back anymore. He was in the rehab group however.

Just a couple of points

Re Fitzpatrick, if he averages more than a goal a game, how does this cost us a game?

If you are going to criticise a player, get the name right, I am sure Dean Terlich would appreciate that, he is not nervous by the way, looking forward to the challenge of getting into 22 and playing well enough to stay there

The highlighted assume you are referring to when Nathan Jones fluffed a kick in the praccy game, that nearly cost a goal?

I'll see your couple of points and raise you a couple of points.

Don't try and put your own spin on it. Where did I mention Fitzpatrick and him kicking goals? Re-read my post (take off those rose coloured glasses) "Butter fingers" is a local term around these parts, for a player dropping his marks. Fitzpatrick needs to improve in this area. In case you havent noticed at training. That had nothing what-so-ever to do with his amount of goals kicked. If he continues to drop sitters, one day it might be costly.

2: criticise a player ? ... I stated Terlich would be getting nervous about getting a gig on the backline.

3: Never assume sunshine. I was referring to Grimes bringing the ball (football), from the backline then spraying his kicks during a game.

(Jones has enough brownie points. *meaning, he can be forgiven* for the odd stuff up.)

I really don't think this thread is for you my friend. If you don't, or prefer not to discuss players under the pump to retain his spot on the list,then rack off.

** NEWS BREAK ** At the end of this season, some players will be moved on. Reality, I have named a few that need to step it up. *Apart from Trenners*

Edited by DeeVoted
  • Like 5

Can we not worry about delistings until the end of the year. I agree with most of the names and I'll gladly discuss the merits of them being in the team - be that best 22, round 1 or any other time.

But they aren't going anywhere until October so why the rush?

Spencer needs to win more ruck contests and take grabs around the ground, Terlich and Grimes need to stop turning it over, McKenzie has to find confidence winning the ball, Fitzpatrick has to hold marks because we have better crumbing forwards than a guy who's 6'6 and a terrible field kick.

I get all that. I don't disagree with that. But why the need to discuss delistings?

• Like 1