Angus Brayshaw's Commitment.

dazzledavey36

10 out of 10 for effort but take away 6 points for making it public, unnecessary imo and undoes his good work, end result 4 out of 10

I believe he would have done the 100x100s under instruction from the club fitness staff for his preseason benefit. The "good work" was the session itself and I cannot see how posting it online is part of the equation. Young kids (and some old kids) post a lot on social media. It's an important part of their lives. As long as it's not over the top, and doesn't involve him kicking back with a winnie blue and can of jim beam, I see no problem. That you see a 60% loss of benefit because he posted it on Instagram may unfortunately reflect more on your lack of understanding of social media Hemlock.

so if you were jogging back to the other end, that means it would be 20km all up

half sprinted, half jogged

how long is that going to take, taking into account ever increasing breaks?

Mate I played at a low level but I never took a watch out to train all I know is it always took too long. Didnt want to know how long to go on the track or in the game it was just trying to push through the pain and trying to beat everyone in my group in as many 100s as possible, without spewing.

• Like 1

Meanwhile Petracca is doing running sessions with Brent Moloney & Russian.

I have no idea what this means but suggest you ease off the bong.

• Like 1

Meanwhile Petracca is doing running sessions with Brent Moloney & Russian.

And also Dom Tyson.

I noticed Petracca was wearing Hawthorn footy shorts from when he trained at the hawks at the start of the year..

Did you end up successful or go down in a blaze of glory Mark Neeld style?

Certainly got more commitment to 1 % Blokes jumped when I asked for extra effort, gained a bit more respect as I also did the exercise!

Made the GF, Lost the toss got caught on an old fashioned 'Sticky" wicket! got rolled for 65 had em 9- 52 and they got up and won.

Went elsewhere next season and won a flag as CC

Edited by picket fence

Certainly got more commitment to 1 % Blokes jumped when I asked for extra effort, gained a bit more respect as I also did the exercise!

Made the GF Lost the toss got caugt on an old fashioned 'Sticky" wicket got rolled for 65 had em 9- 52 and they got up and won.

Went elsewhere next season and won a flag as CC

Very Ross Lyon like

No sorry Boxing Day was a day off, although myself and the lady scooted from Collingwood to Malvern and back today, does that count?

Did not sight Angus Brayshaw anywhere, obviously bludging somewhere, he was wasting his time anyway, Roos doesn't like or use Twitter or Instagram

Each player has a program THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW, over the break, so he would not be alone

Where in Collingwood do you scoot from Saty?

Perhaps I could give you a lift next time instead of scootin.

It's a good sign that the young fella has done some additional running on Christmas Day - but I think more the point, is that he did 100 x 100.

Not sure if you've ever tried it - but that is one heck of a session for an 18 year old on Christmas Day.

Expecting the whole list to do that is just ridiculous. There probably isn't another player in the AFL that did 100 x 100m sprints on Xmas day.

Lamumba (sorry if that is wrong) was at Vic Park at 1.30ish Xmas Eve doing half lap sprints half lap jogs for about 90 minutes all of which were being timed by a young lady who was more a drill sergeant. Chided him a few times for the times he was osting. Wore me and the other under employed old fogies out just watching him. Looked pretty good though.

• Like 2

I believe he would have done the 100x100s under instruction from the club fitness staff for his preseason benefit. The "good work" was the session itself and I cannot see how posting it online is part of the equation. Young kids (and some old kids) post a lot on social media. It's an important part of their lives. As long as it's not over the top, and doesn't involve him kicking back with a winnie blue and can of jim beam, I see no problem. That you see a 60% loss of benefit because he posted it on Instagram may unfortunately reflect more on your lack of understanding of social media Hemlock.

I have revised my mark to 50%, I believe this is a fair and reasonable result

Very Ross Lyon like

Might also add, I always took the new ball bowling into whatever breeze there was for swing, but on this day, threw the ball to a quickish Abdul Qadir type who got a few wkts but wasn't the match winner I hoped for! I brought myself on at 7 for took 2 more in quick succession, but then up the other end a would be wanna be quick who I gave the opportunity to, just wasn't up to it!

I learnt a valuable lesson that day!

Happy to give others the opportunity but if you are skipper and have done it all year, don't trust anyone else to do what you know you can deliver!

Lead from the front!

Edited by picket fence

Photos on instagram of Petracca & Tyson doing running sessions with Russian & Moloney, that's all. Been a while since I've looked at a bong ;)

My apologies but on face value that made absolutely no sense.

My apologies but on face value that made absolutely no sense.

I think what you'll find is that Jamar and Moloney were getting together down on the peninsula and best mates Dom Tyson and Tomlinson were also down there and Petracca was and they all got together to do their running. It's a strange combination on face value but it makes sense if they were in the area to do it together.

Love the comments labelling the red head Sam Blease and sledging Moloney about being fat.

I think what you'll find is that Jamar and Moloney were getting together down on the peninsula and best mates Dom Tyson and Tomlinson were also down there and Petracca was and they all got together to do their running. It's a strange combination on face value but it makes sense if they were in the area to do it together.

Love the comments labelling the red head Sam Blease and sledging Moloney about being fat.

After a bit of searching I found it on Jamar's Instagram account.

Garlands comment was pretty funny.

Reminds me of boxing day 2012.

Tom McDonald was working hard in the gym.

Rivers, Frawley and Howe were creating a long snake out of beer cups at the cricket.

Spot the difference in professionalism.

Of course. As a footballer you should train 24/7 so if supporters ever spot you having some fun you won't be deemed to be 'unprofessional'.
  • Like 5

Mate I played at a low level but I never took a watch out to train all I know is it always took too long. Didnt want to know how long to go on the track or in the game it was just trying to push through the pain and trying to beat everyone in my group in as many 100s as possible, without spewing.

As a kid growing up and taking summer holiday trips down to inverloch in the 90's. seeing Garry Lyon doing 100 100's along the back beach by the rock pools was a regular.

Certainly not unheard of this stuff and glad to hear that he is doing it. Will hold him in good stead if he is to break into the side next year.

All the mid field must have been given the 100 - 100's

HL was seen at vic park doing them.

Encouraged by his girlfriend telling him it's not good enough do more.

Viv Michie has also done it. He is wrapped the mid field is so strong.

Everyone is pushing each other along.

He is very fit and is confident he can land a mid field / flank position to call his own.

• Like 3

All players would have a Christmas program, for an athlete at elite level training is required you do it no matter what the day is. I'm sure is other MFC players had to do 100 x 100m sprints on the 25/12 they would have done this. Funny how training is back to this, when you think about today's game it is basically what it is, repeat high speed running over 100-150m

i am certainly not an excercise physiologist, but I would suspect that most programs would include at least some lower activity days. Any experts please comment.

All the mid field must have been given the 100 - 100's

HL was seen at vic park doing them.

Encouraged by his girlfriend telling him it's not good enough do more.

Viv Michie has also done it. He is wrapped the mid field is so strong.

Everyone is pushing each other along.

He is very fit and is confident he can land a mid field / flank position to call his own.

Has Viv been training in the midfield group or backline?

I thought his last game where he was playing off a half back showed some real promise. His kicking is such a weapon you just need the ball in this guys hand to set us up.

• Like 1