A truly selfless act

tappysquads

If Tom had his time again, I'm sure he would do things a little differently, but you can hardly blame the guy for making a decision to set himself up for life.

We arent blaming him

We are thanking him

• Like 5

Some of you people need to get over yourselves. If Tom had his time again, I'm sure he would do things a little differently, but you can hardly blame the guy for making a decision to set himself up for life. Particularly in an industry in which the average career lasts for about 4 years.

Why should he have any loyalty to the MFC, particularly when we all knew the place was a basketcase? He is a professional footballer who had the misfortune to be drafted by the club at its lowest point.

As if any of you would not take the money and run if someone tried to poach you from your current employer with a guaranteed 6 year deal at 4x your market wage.

Who's blaming him? I clearly was thanking him.

We arent blaming him

We are thanking him

Or is that Tanking him?

I'm still dirty because my customer lived next door to the (censored) and told me unequivocally he bled red and blue and was going nowhere!

The obsession with Scully is alarming, get over him ffs.

Smithy, I agree with you. The way it's turned out, he wasn't such a loss and we're not taking a rap for another failed early draft pick.

Imagine if we could have found a way to keep him at the MFC on a 3 year contract?

He would have cost us $700k a year plus $150k as our ambassador to protect the ozone layer. His old man would have woofed up the majority of the food available at club functions leaving nothing but scraps for the rest of us and we would have missed out on the Hogans, the Vineys, the Tysons and the Petraccas.

He would have been delisted by Roosy in October/November along with his mates Bleasey, Straussy and Tappy leaving us an extra draft pick to select another shmuck like him but much cheaper with pick 83.

Yeah ... I'm over it, contented and at peace with the world.

• Like 3

Smithy, I agree with you. The way it's turned out, he wasn't such a loss and we're not taking a rap for another failed early draft pick.

Imagine if we could have found a way to keep him at the MFC on a 3 year contract?

He would have cost us $700k a year plus $150k as our ambassador to protect the ozone layer. His old man would have woofed up the majority of the food available at club functions leaving nothing but scraps for the rest of us and we would have missed out on the Hogans, the Vineys, the Tysons and the Petraccas.

He would have been delisted by Roosy in October/November along with his mates Bleasey, Straussy and Tappy leaving us an extra draft pick to select another shmuck like him but much cheaper with pick 83.

Yeah ... I'm over it, contented and at peace with the world.

I think you an gsmith misunderstand the current interest in Scully. What better way to cheer up a depressed supporter base than focussing on how we dodged a bullet and got well rewarded. I'm not over it, I'm revelling in it. Thanks.

I think you an gsmith misunderstand the current interest in Scully. What better way to cheer up a depressed supporter base than focussing on how we dodged a bullet and got well rewarded. I'm not over it, I'm revelling in it. Thanks.

Not sure that you get where WJ's coming from on Scully but he's dead set right. Scully would have been a burden at Melbourne just as he is a burden at GWS because of his contract and the fact that after five years in the system he remains a very ordinary conveyance as a footballer as well as a human being as he demonstrated by his conduct in his last year with the Dees. We should all be as content with that as Tom should be with the $1,200,000 a year he's extracting from the coffers of GWS.

Let's move on.

Not sure that you get where WJ's coming from on Scully but he's dead set right. Scully would have been a burden at Melbourne just as he is a burden at GWS because of his contract and the fact that after five years in the system he remains a very ordinary conveyance as a footballer as well as a human being as he demonstrated by his conduct in his last year with the Dees. We should all be as content with that as Tom should be with the $1,200,000 a year he's extracting from the coffers of GWS.

Let's move on.

Maybe you miss my point. I don't want to move on because I want to extract every drop of enjoyment from exactly what you (and I) wrote about how lucky we are to have got rid of him.

• Like 2

Or is that Tanking him?

I'm still dirty because my customer lived next door to the (censored) and told me unequivocally he bled red and blue and was going nowhere!

Between your customers, your mates and your golfing partners you receive some pretty sh itty information Clit!

• Like 1

Tell ya what, 6 million for 6 years at that age would be very tempting for anyone, his decision really wasn't that surprising, handy it's all worked out okay from our point of view

• Like 1

I know you're probably just taking the [censored] but if your 99.9999999999% delusional then don't think for a second that Tom Scully did anything for the benefit of this once great club. He's a selfish [censored] that looked after #1. He would have left if the Dees had received Morton, 426, Molan and Cook in return for him.

Really?

His tongue is coming through his cheek. He is being hospitalised right now with a cheek puncture and you are standing next to the gurney, giving him an earful...

• Like 3

Of course we are now literally better off without him but he will always cop jeers from me . I can still picture him receiving the legendary Number 31 from Ronald Dale whilst daddy was plotting his lucrative escape . I won't forget or forgive .