Who's your pick three?

Who's your pick three?  

228 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And for the first time since I opened this poll, we have a new leader - Patrick McCartin.

Although my vote was with Wright, I'd be extremely happy with McCartin. A McCartin/Dawes/Hogan forward line could be one of the most aggressive we've seen.

My (updated) preferences for 2&3 :

1. Petracca and Brayshaw (unlikely)

2. Brayshaw and McCartin/Wright

3. Brayshaw and Laverde

4. Brayshaw and Lever.

Edited by Guest

Why do I think I know more then the so called 'experts'? Cause every bloody year a whole bunch of em make terrible choices. Many times over the years I've seen independent fans make better calls then recruiters. I've also seen many fans fall in love with players who recruiters overlook that never make it (Serhat or whatever his bloody name was). As such, I use my own mind to decide, and the record in my head kills that of many recruiters of the last 10 years or so.

On that (big) note(ing myself), I really rate Lever based on what I've seen & heard. Every player is a risk, and his is obviously the Reco, but if his body is right, he could easily be the biggest gun drafted this year imo.

Mind you I won't be disappointed with Petracca, Brayshaw or even Laverde, if we rate them higher than Lever. I like all those blokes more than Wright & McCartin (I see both as big projects atm, neither are sure things). Anyway, in Roos we trust & all that.....

• Like 3

To the above, hit the nail on the head.

Im hoping for Levarde hes next years Bontempelli!

For some reason i get negative vibes when i think of mccartin.

Can he adapt and also translate what his done at tac cup level to afl, if so it could take time.

Wonder if i can find his stats?

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=196055720&client=1-3020-111704-253881-18717771

Among the best players in only 3 occasions.

Edited by Carn dees

Can he adapt and also translate what his done at tac cup level to afl, if so it could take time.

No disrespect to McMartin. But I get the feeling of a possible John Butcher MkII. Pick 2 & 3 need too be Mids.

Taylor Walker is our big man in next years Free Agency. Lock FF.

Walker, Hogan, Dawes should be our big 3 Forwards.

• Like 2

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=196055720&client=1-3020-111704-253881-18717771

Among the best players in only 3 occasions.

The best players isn't great. The tackles poor. The disposals hardly inspiring either even for a deep forward.

But the marks numbers and shots on goal are pretty solid. There's no doubt this kid can be a great target inside 50.

The midfield and strong backline are mainly the backbone of any good team and of the Roos game plan. Not to mention forwards like Hogan who get up the ground and are crucial to ball movement. But the other thing about Roos' game plan and footy in general is teams are defending so hard you need forwards who can win contests that aren't in their favour. McCartin looks ideally suited to that. He's going to be hard to pass up.

No disrespect to McMartin. But I get the feeling of a possible John Butcher MkII. Pick 2 & 3 need too be Mids.

Taylor Walker is our big man in next years Free Agency. Lock FF.

Walker, Hogan, Dawes should be our big 3 Forwards.

There is no chance in hell that Walker will land at Melbourne. No proven gun will go to a bottom club like Melbourne, it just doesn't make sense.

The only thing we can do is what the Bulldogs did and throw money at an unproven kid.

The Bernie factor.

I don't think it would be a factor at all. He could go to any other Victorian club and still spend time with Bernie if he wanted to.

• Like 1

I wish Nakia Cockatoo played a bit more this year, if he did I think he too would be in everyone's top 5 equations.

Watching his highlights from the one game he was simply amazing, strong bodied where he could hold his feet easily and push his opponents yet also highly nimble and evasive.

His hands were just amazing, at both maintaining possession and marking it, his kicking was lovely, and his pace was something to envy, and when he had the ball in his hand he just seemed so composed.

I genuinely think he'll become one of the better players of the draft, I honestly can't see any downside except from a lack of exposure in 2014. His excellent attitude will also help him excel at the next level.

Even though he's not in that theoretical range I wouldn't complain that if the Saints took Petracca at 1, we went Brayshaw at 2 and Cockatoo at 3 (I know I will get grilled for saying that).

If not him it's McCartin for me based on next best talent. I just don't rate the other mids too highly in this draft.

You can watch Cockatoo's one and only 2014 game here, he certainly is a lovely talent both skillful and physically:

http://www.afl.com.a...t/draft-machine

As I said, unfortunately his 2014 is only an n=1 but wow that n=1 was absolutely stunning!!!!

Don't know if I was watching the right highlights but it looked like Wright's maximum distance was just on 50. I certainly cidnt see any set shots from outside 50

You were watching the wrong highlights because he can kick from outside 50 [whereas most of our current list cannot, especially their coach Brad Miller]!

I wish Nakia Cockatoo played a bit more this year, if he did I think he too would be in everyone's top 5 equations.

Watching his highlights from the one game he was simply amazing, strong bodied where he could hold his feet easily and push his opponents yet also highly nimble and evasive.

His hands were just amazing, at both maintaining possession and marking it, his kicking was lovely, and his pace was something to envy, and when he had the ball in his hand he just seemed so composed.

I genuinely think he'll become one of the better players of the draft, I honestly can't see any downside except from a lack of exposure in 2014. His excellent attitude will also help him excel at the next level.

Even though he's not in that theoretical range I wouldn't complain that if the Saints took Petracca at 1, we went Brayshaw at 2 and Cockatoo at 3 (I know I will get grilled for saying that).

If not him it's McCartin for me based on next best talent. I just don't rate the other mids too highly in this draft.

You can watch Cockatoo's one and only 2014 game here, he certainly is a lovely talent both skillful and physically:

http://www.afl.com.a...t/draft-machine

As I said, unfortunately his 2014 is only an n=1 but wow that n=1 was absolutely stunning!!!!

Reminds me a bit of JKH's highlights! Still prefer McCartin or Wright with No. 3.

hopefully we can pick up Newton as a DFA and we can pick up some more mids with our pick 2, 40, 53 and even possible pick two in the PSD, so should be trying to shore up our forward line with a tall marking, goal kicker.

We're gonna need a bigger list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've changed from Wright, and I'm now on the McCartin train. That being said, I wouldn't be displeased with Wright, but it looks like his stocks are falling. Someone will get a bargain it seems.

Edited by Scythe