WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - SAM FROST

Gipsy Danger

Who the hell cares what draft pick it cost.......We got who we wanted.

At the start of the trade period posters were giving away picks 2 and 3 for one player and were happy to do so.

Seeing what trades some people were putting up were just crazy and so unrealistic.

I have come to the conclusion that posters just want trades, trades and more trades no matter who they are....I don't get it

We wont use PSD #2 so who cares.....If we pick anyone it will be through DFA.

• Like 1

I reckon last years trade and draft period is seriously under-rated.

It is accepted that we did well but could anyone consider how bad 2014 would have been without Tyson, Vince and Cross.

These guys seem to have grasp on what they are doing. A strong, quick, semi developed KPD sounds pretty good.

I suppose we could have given up 23 for Dan Merrett which was probably the other option??

• Like 3

If I recall a young hawks and st kilda defender was smashed up early on by some big fwds. I think that young fella has played in 2 grand finals as the premier back in 2 teams and is one of the best blankets in the game who I also fing hate. Give him time.

I simply can't fathom how we didn't extort at least a 3rd rounder out of Geekong in the Mitch Clark trade to use fir Frost. I'll be sick in the guys if Cockatoo slides to 23, absolutely livid.

I hope Casey Sibosado slides to our pick 40.

• Like 8

If I recall a young hawks and st kilda defender was smashed up early on by some big fwds. I think that young fella has played in 2 grand finals as the premier back in 2 teams and is one of the best blankets in the game who I also fing hate. Give him time.

Zac Dawson? :wacko:

Roos should know what it takes to be a good defender, I bet he will put a lot of time into this guy.

Good pick up with a pick that had been earmarked for the super trade we couldn't do.

We will be better off that most after the draft.

• Like 1

My initial thought was that we paid overs, but upon reflection, it's a nice deal for us.

Frost, I don't know anything about him but Roos clearly sees something and at worst he'll play a Georgiou-type depth role. At best he'll be a regular senior player. Happy to get him.

Downgrading pick 23 to 40 isn't so bad, and an extra pick at 52 is a bonus. We've plucked some handy talent in that region before, including Kent and JKH.

I hope Casey Sibosado slides to our pick 40.

Your obtuse point seems to be the as my obtuse point was. Experience has told me that, collectively, we fans have NFI what we're talking about and should probably hold off on the panic about any decisions until we've really seen how these decisions turn out. For example, the mass wailing that went on after the Pedersen trade looks hilarious in hindsight.

I am in absolutely no position to judge this trade because:

- I know next to nothing about Frost

- I have no idea what sort of players will available between picks 23 and 40

- It's entirely possible the player we will pick at 40 will be better than who we picked at 23 - it could even be the same player.

I'm pretty content to sit back and watch this unfold over the next few years.

• Like 4

My initial thought was that we paid overs, but upon reflection, it's a nice deal for us.

Frost, I don't know anything about him but Roos clearly sees something and at worst he'll play a Georgiou-type depth role. At best he'll be a regular senior player. Happy to get him.

Downgrading pick 23 to 40 isn't so bad, and an extra pick at 52 is a bonus. We've plucked some handy talent in that region before, including Kent and JKH.

At least you will admit that you thought it was overs even though you didn't know anything about the player.

• Like 2

At least you will admit that you thought it was overs even though you didn't know anything about the player.

I don't think that matters. Normally you wouldn't pay pick 23 for an unproven player that you can potentially get in the PSD. But I'm happy with an extra pick in the 3rd round, as talent can easily be plucked there.

I find the value of a pick an interesting question. Who says pick 23 is overs. To say that, you have to know who the players are around that pick and compare them to Frost. Who on here has done that. I wouldn't have a clue but you know the recruiters have.

Does anyone know what he's actually like instead of just blabbering on about how we paid overs. I've heard he is faster, taller and a better kick than McDonald. What's not to like about that at pick 23. Mahoney mentioned on Trade Radio that they watched him all year and he did a great job on some of the key forwards.

Heath Grundy plays CHB in arguably the best back unit going around and he's not an out and out star but holds down and executes a critical role. He looks like he has the potential to be a lot better than Grundy who isn't a fast player or accurate kick. If he ends up being like that we're not going to care about pick 23, it will have been a bargain.

• Like 3

Played forward ruck and back in the 18's comp. big unit who is (1)fast and has great foot skills. Its a win and true to Roosys word on not drafting talls until they play a couple of years to see how they develop .

Lucas Cook anyone?

(2)Frost could be our CHF .

(1)How novel.

Like !!

(2) Maybe Roos has more faith than some that Georgiou, with another professional preseason, and if he keeps his head out of Jack Viney's - or Jack's victims - way, could make a more than decent defender.