Dr evil

Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Address??? Me and "some mates" are about to jump in the valiant...

HaHa have you a spare spot in the valiant ? does it have dice hanging from the mirror?

aah, remember the days we all (friends of our group) headed to the Dandenongs, 3 car loads with 9iner in the boot of a Lime Green VC Valiant & red dust roads, & a rain storm which followed close behind to drench us all..

those were the days of freedom & FUN.

Edited by dee-luded

Ok I'm going to be offline until 3.15.

If Kennedy hasn't been announced as a Demon when I'm back, I will rain down burning hell fire on you all.

Cheers

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

I blame Binman for going to early!

Happy to take the balme for not getting Danger (which has all gone quiet!) - but not Joey

PS if we get Joey i have first dibs on him as my avatar

• Like 2

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Be nice to credit Pulp fiction. NB : Note Ezekial

Edited by ManDee

Be nice to credit Pulp fiction. NB : Note Ezekial

Ezekiel 25:17. Would have had a pic to but limited by an Iphone Edited by felixdacat

Happy to take the balme for not getting Danger (which has all gone quiet!) - but not Joey

PS if we get Joey i have first dibs on him as my avatar

Neil Balme? or balme as in French resort?

Ps why would it be done by 3pm? Doesnt make a lot if sense and yet here I am... in the naughty corner.

• Like 2

So with gws gaining pick 7 from carlton today does that open the door for the last minute tyson type deal, 2 and 23 for a shiel type and p7?

How anyone can think our squad is stronger now than at the end of trade period last year is beyond me. Hogan would have been come into the side regardless and would have formed a forward line with Clark and Dawes with Watts/Howe as fourth. Frawley would've slotted back into defence with Dunn, McDonald and co.

So far we have added Lumumba and Garlett. Both are handy role players but don't address our key issues. My concerns are that:

• Our midfield has not been touched at all and our former captain is one year into a crippling injury with at least another year of recovery to go.
  • Hogan is a completely unproven quantity at AFL level and is a kid who has spent a year out with injury. He is a great long term prospect but the expectations we are placing on this kid are still extreme and I question whether next year he will far exceed what Frawley produced as a forward this year.
  • Frost is similarly unproven. He may end up the second coming of Matthew Scarlett or the second coming of Tom Gillies. Who knows?
  • We can debate whether or not pick 3 is "overs" for Frawley but the chances that the kid we draft with will match his output in either of the next two years is remote.

Honestly, unless we miraculously prise a seriously good player in the last 24 hours of this trade period, we finish well behind where we were at 12 months ago.

Its easy...we have the same team as last year although now we have Hogan instead of Frawley (who was nothing special as a forward).

Our backline has had 12 months without Frawley being a key player and performed.

Plus we have added a 100+ game 180 goal crumber which we didn't have last year and a 199 game former all australian half back who just finished 4th in Collingwoods b&f.

We may have not improved the potential team that we may have been able to field at the start of last year.

But we have definitely improved the team that we rolled out 90% of the time last year.

If you want to sit back and continue to dream about the potential that we could have had, well i welcome you to do that.

It's clear to me that we have done well out of the circumstances.

• Like 1

WE will be taking picks 2 and 3 into the draft. Im happy with this.

So with gws gaining pick 7 from carlton today does that open the door for the last minute tyson type deal, 2 and 23 for a shiel type and p7?

Good chance one would think seeing as Petracca will likely be available if Saints keep pick 1

If we can't get an A-grader with picks 2 or 3, I still favour a "pick 3 for picks 8 & 15" trade with GC, if they are up for it.

Chuck in pick 23 if we have to.

• Like 2

I really think emotionally, if nothing else, we the supporters needed this year to end on a supremely positive note to get any kind of momentum rolling for the resurgence of this club.

We've had [censored] sandwich after [censored] sandwich this year... it's been brutal for supporters. Clark retiring, Clark defecting/defecating on us, Frawley choosing greener pastures, the tragic passing of a club legend, losing almost all respect we'd gained by ending the year with 10 losses (including a loss I consider worse than 186) and now to cap it all off our former captain looks potentially unlikely to play another game of AFL.

We really just needed a great news story to hang our hat on to get the momentum rolling for a new year and a new era.. Sadly it feels like the same old.

Edited by Lamashtu

Hope the 3pm press conference doesn't take too long or he'll be late.... :wacko:

• Like 1

I wouldn't be sure about the Saints using #1 on McCartin. It sounds like rival clubs will be going thick and fast to try and take it off their hands tomorrow.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Social Media

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles

HOW FAR SOUTH? by George on the Outer

It was appropriate that Melbourne was playing its last game of season 2019 in Hobart.  After all, how much further south could the team go? And much as it has done in many of the previous 22 games, the side managed to extract a loss from a winning position by simply giving the ball back to the opposition time and time again. In fact, they gave it back to the opposition to the tune of 53 points from turnovers while, by way of contrast North Melbourne contributed  only 17 points to their oppo

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

COOKED by The Oracle

I can vividly remember when the Demons ventured onto Blundstone Arena for the first time in early 2016 only to lose to the Kangaroos by 20.11.131 to 21.10.136.    Melbourne was then a team on the up and up: young, enthusiastic and bold. It gave up a huge quarter time deficit after kicking against a strong wind but made that up by half time and fell dramatically short after an exciting high scoring affair.  The team lost no fans that day - they were willing to take the game on and attac

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

HELP by KC rom Casey

The Casey Demons finished off their home and away season against Frankston at Skybus Stadium on Sunday with a narrow, unconvincing 6-point victory that left the door slightly open for a top eight berth when the VFL finals begin in a fortnight’s time. While sunny skies prevailed over Frankston in the morning, the skies became overcast by noon and heavy waves pounded the bay nearby as the rains came in to greet the players as the game started. And conditions stayed dark and dreary for the rem

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

THANKS BUT NO THANKS by George on the Outer

Thanks, but no thanks! In a round where the club was supposed to thank their fans for the support during the year, the Melbourne Football Club chose to do otherwise with a 53 point loss to a team that sat 15th on the ladder.  Don’t give us cheap jumpers that can’t be sold in the Demon shop.  Don’t give us vouchers to shop there, give us something on the field, which is why we come to the football in the first place. It was a disgraceful performance, which started with a disgracefu

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

SLEEP OUT AT THE MCG by The Oracle

Around about 12 months ago Melbourne and Sydney fought out an epic battle between two top eight teams fighting for the best possible ladder position in the lead up to the finals. The Swans triumphed by 9 points at the MCG after the Demons came back from five goals down at three quarter time. But for its poor kicking for goal, Melbourne might well have won the game and finished in the top four. Who knows what might then have happened for the club in September? As a consequence, the person re

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

A LITTLE RAY OF SUNSHINE by KC from Casey

Two clubs that have been hard hit by injury recently took part in a dour battle under dark clouds and, with intermittent showers falling, it wasn’t a pretty game at Victoria Park on Sunday. Despite all that, the Casey Demons added a little ray of sunshine to their day to get the job done over a "traditional" rival with a 15 point victory over Collingwood VFL that breathed life back into their season. There were a few highlights at the ground that in past days has seen many titanic batt

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

THE RETRO ROUND by George on the Outer

We have seen it all before… Yes, a wonderful idea to showcase what used to be in football.  Big crowds, umpires who knew how to apply the rules and not opinions, high marks, skilful players. But for the Melbourne supporters their retro is what it has been like for the past 10 years. Losing games, end on end, year after year.  Opportunities squandered in front of goal. VFL standard players running around at the MCG. Just more of the same, and the game against Collingwood was no ex

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

Thanks to Demonlanders for their input into this week’s preview. Ralphius Maximus is short and bittersweet: We'll crack in at the bounce to create a contest, win our share of the ball, butcher the forward movement and get scored on easily from the intercepts. Not that hard to predict. Big Demon says: Unfortunately Collingwood will win because they have a lot more to play for. We will be good in parts but really the season is well over so we will have to put up with those bell

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

WHAT, NO BLOOD? by George on the Outer

The feeling when turning up to the MCG on a Saturday night to play a top four side in Richmond, while the Melbourne sits cemented in close proximity to the bottom of the table is like attending the Colosseum in Ancient Roman times. The expectation is that a bloodbath is about to occur. There are 100,000 Richmond members and 50,000 Melbourne members, and despite the fact that it turned out to be a wet night after half-time, a crowd of only 37K bothered to turn up. That should never have happ

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

A MAN’S ERRAND by KC from Casey

A young and undermanned Casey Demons were sent out on Saturday to the Swinburne Centre in the shadows of the MCG on a man’s errand against a very experienced Richmond VFL combination which is the clear ladder leader and fielded no less than 18 AFL listed players. It was expected to be a rout and the Tigers made easy work of it in the early stages when they held a 26 point lead by quarter time. To their credit however, the Demons weathered the storm and kept their opponents within the range

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

THAT’S FOOTBALL by Whispering Jack

As the season rolls on towards the finals and the football world witnesses the aftermath of the sacking of the league’s unsuccessful coaches, it’s almost  inevitable that the spotlight will turn firmly upon the complete and utter failure of season 2019 - the Melbourne Football Club.  For a team that finished in fourth place last year and was heavily touted as a premiership contender, the fall from grace has been dramatic. As things stand, the Demons look certain to finish 13 places down on

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS COMING by KC from Casey

At half time in Sunday’s game at Trevor Barker Beach Oval, things weren’t looking too flash for the flailing finals prospects of the Casey Demons. Key forward Sam Weideman had suffered a concussion in his first contest and, with a few exceptions, the team was playing like a rabble rather than a finals contender. The Demons were 23 points in arrears to the Zebras and their season was headed towards oblivion. It was the skipper Mitch White who spurred his team on by word and by deed - he fini

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles