Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

The only mistake Roos made was claiming he didn't want to bring in more young kids. He should have just said we'll be looking at deals and being active in the trade market... and left it there. There is not much he can do when the deals aren't out there to be done. If we chase the big fish but can't actually hook him on the line because clubs don't want to hear about it then so be it.

Outside of Griffen there hasn't been another player out there who has made a switch that I would be interested in having at the club. Greenwood has a dip but his disposal is average and we have enough of that. The rest are all meh and types we don't really require.

So if we need to top up again at the draft and look to free agency next year then so be it. I've got faith that Roos can help to improve our players further and we will see some genuinely better performances across the board from many within the club. Onwards and upwards.

I think the Roos method has caught on across the AFL now, & most all clubs were looking for quick effect, rather than 18 Yr olds. so the quality experienced pickings are thinner this year, spread wider & further.

so no 'A' graders this trade period but next WILL net us some. we have to put better form onto the 2015 AFL scale. this will attract more top talent.

so we go to the draft & get the 3 best kids we can draft.

• Like 1

I dont think anything is quite finished yet. We may see nothing more in terms of trades but the shenanigans that occur behind closed doors.

Dont for one moment folks think thats tomorrow is a dead rubber.. Some might say its 'just about to get interesting"

true blzb, but self protection has kicked in for me now.

I'll reserve any excitement for for tomorrow after 6.00PM

• Like 1

true blzb, but self protection has kicked in for me now.

I'll reserve any excitement for for tomorrow after 6.00PM

Its done and dusted at 2pm :)

Noon til 1pm might get a tad .............busy !! :rolleyes:

OMG have not been able to read all the comments but is there another day of trade left? or is it really the end of the world?

I have not been able to read all the comments as there is a lot of MFCSS going on, and I only could take so much of it.

Edited by felixdacat
  • Like 1

OMG have not been able to read all the comments but is there another day of trade left? or is it really the end of the world?

I have not been able to read all the comments as there is a lot of MFCSS going on, and I only could take so much of it.

the end of the world (according to some was Dec 22nd 2012).... but according to other mayan readers, its not for thousands of years yet. & for nostradamus readers for a very long time beyond now...

so it won't happen overnight, but it will happen

meanwhile we have some picks to cash in

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

I feel slightly squeamish bringing this up. But Andrew McKay mentioned there has been interest shown in Mitch Robinson in the past 24 hours. Does anyone think it could be us, either as a late pick/dfa? He is a moron of the highest order, but I hate to say it, he'd fill a role for us on the field if we could overcome the [censored] factor

the end of the world (according to some was Dec 22nd 2012).... but according to other mayan readers, its not for thousands of years yet. & for nostradamus readers for a very long time beyond now...

so it won't happen overnight, but it will happen

meanwhile we have some picks to cash in

I thought it had something to do with 186

I feel slightly squeamish bringing this up. But Andrew McKay mentioned there has been interest shown in Mitch Robinson in the past 24 hours. Does anyone think it could be us, either as a late pick/dfa? He is a moron of the highest order, but I hate to say it, he'd fill a role for us on the field if we could overcome the [censored] factor

Couldn't see the club having him and Garlett at the club together.

• Like 3

I hope Not.

I thought it had something to do with 186

186, its only a number & yet another loss. its gone.

if you've been putting up with losses as a melbourne supporter for 50+ years, then to me that was just another bad day. signs of deeper issues that have bedraggled us for 5 decades.

If Plans A through F have all now fallen apart, we might have to settle for Plan G: taking the scraps from other clubs.

What else is new!

just read the comments you big wuss.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

Toby greene is gettable. I am 100% of this.

Why would we want him.He gets the ball,doesnt hold back, kix goals etc but he got drunk once in off season.

• Like 4

The ultra positives are missing the point. Roos said a number if times that we need more midfielders and an a grade midfielder. He also said he didnt want to bring in too many kids.

I don't think Roos said a lot of this stuff at all but I do know many on here seemed to think they where on top of what Roos does, what Roos is thinking what a Roos side is, blah, blah, blah...

Well at Sydney when he was coach I don't remember them going after high profile players, Barry Hall was the closest to one. He picked up a few fringe players who kicked on and a couple of players on the outer at their old clubs. Think Tyson, Michie, Vince, Cross, Lamumba, Frost, Garlett...

We will end up with around 4 kids by the look of it, a couple will improve our midfield from day 1. If Tyson keeps developing then he will be an A grade mid by next season, he's close now. Jones will get better again. Brayshaw will come in ready to go like Dunstan this year and Wines a couple of years back. Lever looks to be Fyfe meets Hodge only bigger and stronger.

It would have been nice to pick up a top quality player but is not to be, we can develop the team and add to that with a big push in free agency and out of contract players next year.

So, we get a few quality kids (the right picks) in the draft ready to go. Salem, Viney and Toumpas start to kick on and Hogan shows why the wait was worth it. Next year we go for a Dangerfield or the like and attack an out of contract like Cameron. Things are not so bad are they?

• Like 3

Toby greene is gettable. I am 100% of this.

His stats after coming back from suspension:

Round 17 v Fremantle: 15 Kicks, 20 Handballs, 7 Marks, 3 Tackles, Goal. 132 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

Round 18 v Geelong: 11 Kicks, 21 Handballs. 107 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

Round 19 v Richmond: 9 Kicks, 18 Handballs, 10 Tackles. 117 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

Round 20 v North: 10 Kicks, 25 Handballs, 9 Marks, 5 Tackles. 161 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

Round 21 v Melbourne: 16 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 9 Marks, 7 tackles. 111 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

Round 22 v Collingwood: 30 Kicks, 12 Handballs, 7 Marks, 5 Tackles, Goal. 141 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

Round 23 v Dogs: 20 Kicks, 12 Handballs, 8 Marks, 5 Tackles, Goal. 131 Supercoach/Champion Data points.

4899429947_b60fb08e94.jpg

Why would we want him.He gets the ball,doesnt hold back, kix goals etc but he got drunk once in off season.

As long as he doesnt bash innocent people just trying to pay the bills doing it and he can teach jacky boy to mark then get him.