Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

I too share lots of info when I have it. There's plenty that I wouldn't dream of posting on here due to the sensitivity, but where its harmless - why not?

Whilst I'm not enamoured with GnF's grandstanding delivery and self important air, he has had some good info in the past. Delivered, of course, with a get out of jail card. I'd rather live or die by one sentence.

Whatever, if you think this site is better without inside info then I, and I'm sure many others, are happy to leave the dork inner circle to their dreadful puns and really poor dad jokes.

One more thing - the trading period is, to use a modern term, fluid. Just because things don't pan out doesn't mean they weren't discussed in great detail. If you're some [censored] with 3 mates who's gets the horn for pointing out mail that doesn't come to fruition, leave it out. No one cares.

The difference is Chook, people would believe you in a heartbeat as you don't indulge in self importance or riddles or last minute curveballs.

You don't play games, a spade is a spade & you live or die by what you say, that's the difference.

Well if we're going to do riddles....

Our marsupial is digging into his old pouch.

TVT, you missed this one...

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

Really? How's his strike rate going? Called Paul Roos earlier than most...and...

Sorry but if none of what he has alluded to happens, his "reliable source" tag goes up in smoke. GNF could be anyone, including some kid having a lend and a laugh.

But at least we got some riddles.

Well, his original post discussed the club having back up plans and that if we didn't get our top targets, we had a plan B. So I'm not sure how Trenners' trade could impact upon even the plan B's...

I think a lot need to lighten up...Its just Footy....its the silly season, it's all about smoke and mirrors and the fun and games associated with them . It's what makes the Trade period what it is.

If the likes of GNF indulge in a little of similar then what harm really.All goes to being part of the game. I for one enjoy the occasional cryptic hint and and appreciative of the like of C-I-P who also offers up tasty morsels for cerebral consumption.

No one's forced to read anything hear , nor believe it. Don't shoot the messengers, just be selective of what you ingest. It's not hard.

• Like 10

do you teach them to read and comprehend by chance ? just interested

What's with you guys and continuously throwing personal insults at each other. This is the one thing that ruins the fun of this forum because everyone is constantly trying to seem superior to others but insulting and belittling them. Can't we just be peaceful and keep the discussion on the footy?

• Like 4

I think a lot need to lighten up...Its just Footy....its the silly season, it's all about smoke and mirrors and the fun and games associated with them . It's what makes the Trade period what it is.

If the likes of GNF indulge in a little of similar then what harm really.All goes to being part of the game. I for one enjoy the occasional cryptic hint and and appreciative of the like of C-I-P who also offers up tasty morsels for cerebral consumption.

No one's forced to read anything hear , nor believe it. Don't shoot the messengers, just be selective of what you ingest. It's not hard.

Spot on

• Like 1

Wasn't there speculation that a another high draft pick was about to leave. Maybe the club did some contingency planning and we can still get Danger/Mitchell/Kennedy/Shiel or whatever. I hope they did. Anyways this news ruined my day :S

It sounds like they did, RE: Watts, but that's just purely me speculating. I still trust Roos and co to run a well oiled machine. I would be very surprised if they only had one plan here.

I apologise that i am working/teaching kids, rather then sitting on here 24/7 keeping up with the trade arguments.

Get your priorities right TSFKA, tell the kids to read a book and you get online.

I love it.

I enjoy the fantasy that we may land a star and become a better club, for two weeks you can dream. That is why I click on this constantly.

For this who don't like it, instead of getting your panties all twisted start a topic that is for only 100% facts and enjoy each other's company.

Now, who has a riddle about fish puns?

• Like 4

I agree with all that, but the last line is key. GNF is deemed as someone with authority when it comes to rumours. That is what could change, for me at least.

The riddles, as silly as they are, have made the trade period a bit more enjoyable.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

What's with you guys and continuously throwing personal insults at each other. This is the one thing that ruins the fun of this forum because everyone is constantly trying to seem superior to others but insulting and belittling them. Can't we just be peaceful and keep the discussion on the footy?

So by your response I take it that it's OK to post without reading the thread? And you don't like a little light hearted banter?

Despite your protestation you don't hold back on having a go, suggesting posters are insulting and belittling, I thought it was funny.

We need another experienced mid...urgently. Not happy to just take all the picks to the draft.

Pick in the early 20's got us Vince last year, I think we need to get a similar deal across the line over the next 48 hours.

Lumumba tied up in the Clark pick.

Frost for a later pick or PSD.

Salem, Toumpas, Viney etc to take a step up next season.

Picks 2 and 3 to ease their way in via VFL.

• Like 3

I agree with all that, but the last line is key. GNF is deemed as someone with authority when it comes to rumours. That is what could change, for me at least.

The riddles, as silly as they are, have made the trade period a bit more enjoyable.

all takings with grains of salt :)

• Like 2

unlikely. 11,000 Ology posts used my forum quota.

Come Thursday evening I won't be seen for months. (Unless I get some amazing draft tip. Then I'll be back to show off)

Lighten up, it was a dad joke.

If you are looking for facts what are you doing on a fan forum.

I am on here because I love talking about my club, bullshlt and all.

• Like 4

We need another experienced mid...urgently. Not happy to just take all the picks to the draft.

Pick in the early 20's got us Vince last year, I think we need to get a similar deal across the line over the next 48 hours.

Lumumba tied up in the Clark pick.

Frost for a later pick or PSD.

Salem, Toumpas, Viney etc to take a step up next season.

Picks 2 and 3 to ease their way in via VFL.

At this stage, I'd be happy with this.

Taking 2 & 3 into the draft is far from a disastrous result, that is if we want a team that has even a faint hope of competing with the likes of GWS in a few years time.

But we do need another established mid for the now, and hopefully 23 can net us one.

What I'm concerned about is the possibility a big fish like Dangerfield is teetering on the edge, and bringing in that one A-grader will convince to make the jump... but now that might not happen.

One domino not falling could disrupt a lot of our planning, unfortunately.

Cest la vie.

Any chance we apply for assistance again next year?

• Like 2