GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

I'm thinking that Roos may have some concerns about his work rate at training. On 360 Roos said something like when he spoke with Mitch he explained that he had to put the effort in at training and not just the fun game day stuff. It sounded like Mitch had to prove himself in many ways even if he came on board. Lots of things seem to be working against Mitch being at the Dees.

• Like 1

i'm comfortable with lumumba for clark

we get a line breaking hbf which we have been screaming for

we lose someone who a month ago we thought was gone anyway, and who would be a huge risk

good win

Tend to agree, people are talking about this as a loss for us but we didn't even have Clark until this week so its all upside...

Well he did speak to Collingwood, that would be a good start.

Yup.

If you want to damn him for talking to Collingwood and it appears it was before he talked to our club - then fire away - that has been pretty much been verified.

I don't have a problem robust debate about what something that has been verified. My problem is with him being damned about statements he just hasn't made - in fact he has said the opposite. It well may turn out that it is correct but I do exception on posters putting words into his mouth and then damning him for them.

Yup.

If you want to damn him for talking to Collingwood and it appears it was before he talked to our club - then fire away - that has been pretty much been verified.

I don't have a problem robust debate about what something that has been verified. My problem is with him being damned about statements he just hasn't made - in fact he has said the opposite. It well may turn out that it is correct but I do exception on posters putting words into his mouth and then damning him for them.

yeah but i don't believe anything anybody says these days nut

all spin and snake oil :huh:

yeah but i don't believe anything anybody says these days nut

all spin and snake oil :huh:

That is 100% accurate. I didn't damn Scully until most of what others knew was verified. Although I am sure there was more to the Scully story, most of it came out in the end. I ended up disliking him in December as much as many disliked him July !

This whole thing has a stench about it - The whole story may not come out but I m sure there will be enough to decide exactly where I stand> Its not looking good but I will keep my displeasure on hold until I know a little more.

we lose someone who a month ago we thought was gone anyway, and who would be a huge risk

good win

This is the key point for me.

It's looking like it could be a pretty low act by Clark, but at the end of the day this situation could put our club in a much better position in the long run.

This is the key point for me.

It's looking like it could be a pretty low act by Clark, but at the end of the day this situation could put our club in a much better position in the long run.

i would still love to keep Mitch over Harry because if Clark plays with Melbourne (fit) we are a much better team and his help with the hulk would see Melbourne along with pick 2,3 return to a push for September much quicker then some experts might think. Please Mitch do the right thing and lead this once great club out of the dark. Think of how great it was to see this guy who had a strong presence ripping apart packs and kicking goals from 55 meters out. Dreaming I know but god he was good
  • Like 4

i would still love to keep Mitch over Harry because if Clark plays with Melbourne (fit) we are a much better team and his help with the hulk would see Melbourne along with pick 2,3 return to a push for September much quicker then some experts might think. Please Mitch do the right thing and lead this once great club out of the dark. Think of how great it was to see this guy who had a strong presence ripping apart packs and kicking goals from 55 meters out. Dreaming I know but god he was good

That's all good and well, but I'm not convinced Clark will get back to AFL level.

I don't think Roos is all that convinced either.

• Like 1

Personally I'd like Clark and Lumumba (via PSD) on board next year and we give the Pies sweet FA.

We wouldn't have entertained Mitch all year if we didn't think he could come back...

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

good win

Yeah but it is Heritier Lumumba. Please anybody but him. The silly prancing, showponying, long bombing it the Dalai Lama, holier than thou soapbox footballer who was once called plain old Harry.

I haven't met him on a plane. I haven't lived next door to him but he annoys the bejesus out of me and we already have enough players on our list that can do that.

I would much prefer to roll the dice on Mitch Clark staying or go back to the comfortable place a month ago where we thought he was gone without any compo

• Like 1

Yeah but it is Heritier Lumumba. Please anybody but him. The silly prancing, showponying, long bombing it the Dalai Lama, holier than thou soapbox footballer who was once called plain old Harry.

I haven't met him on a plane. I haven't lived next door to him but he annoys the bejesus out of me and we already have enough players on our list that can do that.

I would much prefer to roll the dice on Mitch Clark staying or go back to the comfortable place a month ago where we thought he was gone without any compo

I don't give a toss if he is a neo-nazi off the field, I only care about having AFL quality players on the park and he is one of them to add our small collection

• Like 1

Have to say, I have the same view of Lumumba, bloke appears an absolute goose. However a lot of what you hear about him from those that are close to him suggests that he's a good bloke, passionate and self-righteous sure, but fundamentally a good bloke.

I read an article quoting Luke Ball today (who I've always considered a decent person), he was commenting on how he was a good mate of his. Heard that Dawesy is one of his good mates as well, and I think most people see Chris as a good fella.

Maybe its a case of not judging a book by its cover. Roosy sat with him for an hour and half the other day and was quite enamoured.

And after all that, he's an ex AA.

I'll take him.

• Like 3

I don't give a toss if he is a neo-nazi off the field, I only care about having AFL quality players on the park and he is one of them to add our small collection

Damn you C&B now that you have changed your avatar I find myself staring at it and not reading anything else. It seems anything you say sounds plausible and of such high intellect.

[censored] orf Mitch, for even contemplating going to another club, particularly after how well we acted towards you early in 2014.

Don't want you now after your about face and declaration you don't want to be here anymore!

So magically after 6 months your depression is pretty much all better?

It simply doesn't work like that. (It's amazing how a $500k cheque could clear up all ailments).

I have a family member with this condition living with me that will attest to this.

The medics agree that it doesn't just stop like that..

A big con job beautifully played IMO.

Nathan Jones met with Essendon a couple of years ago and was close to going there.

He is nothing but a fantastic Demon, do you agree?

Well I would care if he was a neo-nazi. But for all his self-promotion, holier than thou or whatever it is that annoys so many people, the causes he supports are pretty much universally mainstream. So the only question is: can he play football better than other options the club has. I'll leave that to the club to decide (good of me I know).

Edited by sue

Queens Birthday game, Lumumba running off the half back flank, kicking loooooonnng to Mitch Clark on the burst.

BANG!

Make it happen Roosy!

Go Dees

We brought or is that bought Mitch clark in a couple of years ago as a key piece of our club moving forward, we were so impressed with him that we gave him number 11. that is no ordinary number and a lot was expected of him following after Jim. I think its safe to say that he has failed to show the leadership and devotion to the club that we were hoping for, as such his talking to others before really talking with the MFC feels like betrayal of both the club and supporters. I have my doubts about Collingwood taking him, only from the fact that Collingwood has made quite a few poor decisions on big men and forwards in recent years a couple more and Bucks and co may find themselves being turfed out of the club. Collingwood fans are far from forgiving, something Mitch needs to consider as their expectations will be far greater than lowly melbourne supporters who would probably be happy with a forward who can contribute 40-50 goals per year.

I think MC would love to be at the Dees in 2015, as long as we bend over and fill his pockets with more cash and pay him what he was on before. That way he can sit on his arse and take photos of the skyline and plot his studio opening. I think that he has demonstrated really ordinary moral values. There is no way going to a big club pushing for a finals spot is going to be 'mentally easy'. If his shrink advised him of that then his shrink is Dr Nick from The Simpsons. He will be heavily scrutinised for walking out on the Dees and under the microscope every time he plays, best thing he could of done was to take a rooki contract with MFC, meet certyain criteria and get a bigger salary if/when he returns to the field consistently. No pressure. No long term commintment. The reasoning of his initial retirment and what he is now thinking of doing are so inconsistent. Up yours Clark

Well according to his manager they were good guys for taking a pay out on his 2015 contract with the MFC...

Tend to agree, people are talking about this as a loss for us but we didn't even have Clark until this week so its all upside...

No one had Clark until this week. It's like competing in a rigged game at a fair, you waste all your money trying to knock over a tower of bottles to win that top shelf prize and then just as you're about to knock over that last bottle, some shithead kid with a rich father comes along and tells the dodgy carny that he'll pay for it with cash.

It's about variety, we have plenty of people who annoy supporters while on the field, but it's been a while since we've had one off it.