GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Completely disagree with this important point. It has been claimed that 6 clubs are interested in him - of course they are, if he is fit and healthy then he is going to be a massive get for somebody. If we trade with another club surely it will be for something n the 20s or better if a bidding war gets underway.

Id be surprised if we didn't get min 2nd round for him. Its a big IF but an 18 game season form MC next year puts Freo right into premiership chance, puts the dogs into top 8 territory. Gives Bux a chance to keep the mob happy by getting back into the 8. Gives Hirdy the chance to make his ego even bigger by doing better than Bomba. All Ross Lyon has to think is do I go for broke while Pav has one more year or do i just go close again. Whats another kid to me. Hes got form with Lovett at St Kilda.

Its all risk and reward and the reward is HUGE for some and may just be to tempting.

Edited by Grimes Times
  • Like 2

This is half true Billy. MFC were prepared to play games in keeping the potential return of MC from the media so as to keep the pressure off MC not to hide from other clubs as a potential raid. As I have said the club was blindsided by this and did not have it in its calculations.

A couple of other points:

Roos is furious, particularly with MC manager. Roos believes MC owes us.

I agree that it is likely this is over a maximum rookie spot offering by MFC and MC and/or his manager wanting more.

I don't believe our application for PP or special assistance has anything to do with this. If fit Roos wants MC.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 15

Just what this thread needs: a Conspiricy Theory!

The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign the conspiracy is working.

Just because he is getting himself fit doesn't mean that he can get over his repeated soft tissue injuries. Part of his deprssion issues has has stated was his inability to not breakdown.

Match fitness is pretty different. So there still has to be big question marks...

This is half true Billy. MFC were prepared to play games in keeping the potential return of MC from the media so as to keep the pressure off MC not to hide from other clubs as a potential raid. As I have said the club was blindsided by this and did not have it in its calculations.

I agree that it is likely this is over a maximum rookie spot offering by MFC and MC and/or his manager wanting more.

I don't believe our application for PP or special assistance has anything to do with this. If fit Roos wants MC.

So do you think there is still a chance that Clark and the club can work this out, and come to an agreement re: contract terms/ payment? And do you believe Mitch when he says he'd like to stay at Melbourne?

His manager is, like most typical managers, a snake and a low life. Some of the rubbish he's sprouted is unbelievable.

Edited by Jaded

GNF, are you suggesting that if MFC were to offer MC a spot on the main list in 2015 the issue would be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties? If so, that's an interesting dilemma for the club.

• Like 1

Can someone please advise under what rules we would get compensation, mitch is not a free agent so does not go under the same remuneration as frawley i.e. length and value of contract. The only way I believe we can get compensated for Mitch leaving is by going to the AFL cap in hand and saying please sir we have been hit by exceptional circumstances, can we have another PP to compensate, which the AFL would then adjudicate. The other clubs would obviously protest because essentially Mitch is just walking away from Melbourne hence I cannot see them as being keen on giving us compensation.

If the AFL let him go without compensation to the MFC, there will be the kind of reaction in the media that blew up around the Jack Viney situation. There are still too many clear thinkers with a sense of fairness out there for the AFL to ignore. It may be the first defining moment of Gillon M's tenure, and how he wants to treat the very idea of a 'fair' competition.

Just because he is getting himself fit doesn't mean that he can get over his repeated soft tissue injuries. Part of his deprssion issues has has stated was his inability to not breakdown.

Match fitness is pretty different. So there still has to be big question marks...

That's what pre-season is for. Everybody has the same degree of match fitness in early February.

GNF, are you suggesting that if MFC were to offer MC a spot on the main list in 2015 the issue would be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties? If so, that's an interesting dilemma for the club.

Does anyone have a sense for how much of a dilemma this is?

Given we're making a few delistings, isn't MC worth a spot on the 42? Every year we end up elevating a rookie anyway. If the list was brimming with talent, it would be a precious spot...but there are guys on the list who appear to be interchangeable with a rookie.

Roos mentioned on 360 that he is good mates with Pert from Collingwood and they touched base prior to having a coffee with Harry O. It could be possible that we only found out that MC was looking around via Pert checking with Roos prior to the supposed meeting with MC and Pies.

Roos did also mentioned that he had been trying to catch up with MC for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

There has been seriously overlooked.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a sense for how much of a dilemma this is?

Given we're making a few delistings, isn't MC worth a spot on the 42? Every year we end up elevating a rookie anyway. If the list was brimming with talent, it would be a precious spot...but there are guys on the list who appear to be interchangeable with a rookie.

Maybe, but recent events (3 years), would suggest it would be a waste. It all comes down to 'what ifs'

There has been seriously overlooked.

Just part of the risk. If offered a rookie spot, it gives MC another chance, a legitimate re-birth if you like, an act of faith on MFC's part. To reject it is, well......dare we say, greedy. But MC's manager clearly sees it another way, and through $$$- tinted glasses.

• Like 1

To be fair, we're the club that's giving reportedly $500k/year to Cam Pedersen and gave quality coin to Shannon Byrnes. Plus Colin Young would know exactly how much we were up for in 2015 for Clark. I'd suggest that Young at least, if not MC himself, are after more coin.

I suspect Mitch has been resistant to realising that its on him to prove his worth to us, after his walk out left us in a world of pain this year, rather than us having to prove our worth to him. Hence, Roo's anger.

Mitrch will end up at the MFC on the rookie list or retire

No other team will touch him

Depends on other club's estimate of the risk vs gain. Assuming we are offering him a rookie-like start, all the other clubs have to do is offer a modest increase over a rookie assuming they have a spot on their list. For MC's manager that is a win and for MC himself he has to balance the extra loot and a start in a new environment with the extra pressure that will be on him.

Although like everyone else I don't know the multitude of factors in his actual situation, my feeling is that he'd be mad not to be eased back into things by whatever mechanism the MFC suggests.

• Like 1