• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Their first round pick or he can walk. Don't let us get [censored] over Roos. They've come out saying their medicos are confident he can get back to his career best form. Well, career best form is a first round pick.

Probably a stupid thing for Geelong's recruiters to say in the media, isn't it?

Actually I think Geelong have been planning this raid for a while, it's not a coincidence that Frawley might go there as well... The fact that they made this statement, makes me believe the deal is done.... This statement is to prepare their supporters, they are justifying what they have agreed to pay... Prehilncive(Prehensive..lol..) strike... Statements like this give me confidence that they are prepared to pay... Edited by tatu

Actually I think Geelong have been planning this raid for a while, it's not a coincidence that Frawley might go there as well... The fact that they made this statement, makes me believe the deal is done.... This statement is to prepare their supporters, they are justifying what they have agreed to pay... Prehilncive strike... Statements like this give me confidence that they are prepared to pay...

Prehilncive?

like neanderthal?

Clark's passion stronger than ever! Geelong might be counting chooks a little too quickly. Note:- Hawthorn keen on Frawley

Prehilncive?

like neanderthal?

Had me wondering too DC.

Pre - before

Hiln - kiln in a hill?

cive - American for seive?

Edit : Tatu help, what did you mean?

Edited by ManDee

Maybe he has chosen Geelong for a number of reasons; one being maybe he knows they will give us the better compensation then Collingwood

doubtful.

I believe in the tooth fairy and Santa but I don't believe it when a player says he will make sure his current club is well compensated ( I also don't believe that a player in his last year of a contract puts of all talks to "concentrate on his football")

• Like 1

Maybe he has chosen Geelong for a number of reasons; one being maybe he knows they will give us the better compensation then Collingwood

Even though his manager has indicated otherwise our compensation would mean next to nothing in his decision making process.

Even though his manager has indicated otherwise our compensation would mean next to nothing in his decision making process.

The only reason for us to get compensation is so that he can get to the club he wants, otherwise into the draft bucko.

It makes me sick Clark saying his hunger is still there and building himself up to get the best deal possible. I can't see how anyone can continue to defend this [censored] when all the evidence clearly shows he has crapped on us big time.

This is worse than Scully- he was young and influenced by Fat Phil.

I can't remember a more blatant episode of cynical manipulation - and stuff Dunn for defending him. He should be outraged like the rest of us for what he has done to the club.

• Like 5

It makes me sick Clark saying his hunger is still there and building himself up to get the best deal possible. I can't see how anyone can continue to defend this [censored] when all the evidence clearly shows he has crapped on us big time.

This is worse than Scully- he was young and influenced by Fat Phil.

I can't remember a more blatant episode of cynical manipulation - and stuff Dunn for defending him. He should be outraged like the rest of us for what he has done to the club.

Have I missed something? Is there firm evidence that the MFC wanted Clark to stay and didn't effectively show him the door? If so, I'll polish my pitchfork and dip the torch in tar and ask you for a light.

• Like 1

There's a voice ( jet engine loud ) that needs a reply from Roos .

Our best player not wanted by the club , convinced by Todd and Paul to have another crack elsewhere? Ffs . Clarke Dawes hogan forward line that we wil never see .

The members were invested in Mitch Clarke and deserve more , he will go on and be a focal point at his new club for the right reasons and if they bookend with frawley - no words .

My point is that yeah there's an industry thing free agency etc but we want a club culture like it could be . Loyalty , play for the jumper as we the members and supporters feel . With off field sorted well Ok the ocaasional player bails after serving time and after success . I could hack that but this , our club needs to talk honestly to its members on the Clarke exodus for a start .

Many have tried and failed for the ultimate prize with satisfying results and life lessons in hand , cheap success if you get it Mitch and would taste a whole lot better if you had climbed the mountain with the group .

This will get ugly on gameday you betcha .

• Like 1

Is that based on something more reliable than rumours we have seen on this thread?

Yes. I have heard stuff from sources I respect.

Do you really think the club would not want him if he is as fit as the Cats say he is.

Surely the fact that the club doesn't want him speaks volumes.

Anyway I am not trying to convince anyone about anything, Just expressing my personal feelings about what has happened. Take it or leave it.

Edited by chook fowler
  • Like 1

There's a voice ( jet engine loud ) that needs a reply from Roos .

Our best player not wanted by the club , convinced by Todd and Paul to have another crack elsewhere? Ffs . Clarke Dawes hogan forward line that we wil never see .

The members were invested in Mitch Clarke and deserve more , he will go on and be a focal point at his new club for the right reasons and if they bookend with frawley - no words .

My point is that yeah there's an industry thing free agency etc but we want a club culture like it could be . Loyalty , play for the jumper as we the members and supporters feel . With off field sorted well Ok the ocaasional player bails after serving time and after success . I could hack that but this , our club needs to talk honestly to its members on the Clarke exodus for a start .

Many have tried and failed for the ultimate prize with satisfying results and life lessons in hand , cheap success if you get it Mitch and would taste a whole lot better if you had climbed the mountain with the group .

This will get ugly on gameday you betcha .

Here is Roos' thinking in short hand:

Need midfielder more than a bloke who has missed 51 games in the last three years. Money better spent elsewhere.

• Like 4

Had me wondering too DC.

Pre - before

Hiln - kiln in a hill?

cive - American for seive?

Edit : Tatu help, what did you mean?

Oops... Lol... The statement is a prehensive strike, justifying the price they are paying... I could be wrong, but to me this looks like a calculated raid and I doubt they'd make blundered media statements... Unlike me..lol.. Edited by tatu

Here is Roos' thinking in short hand:

Need midfielder more than a bloke who has missed 51 games in the last three years. Money better spent elsewhere.

An incentive based contract for Mitch and keep on with the aggressive recruiting. ethically.

Yes. I have heard stuff from sources I respect.

Do you really think the club would not want him if he is as fit as the Cats say he is.

Surely the fact that the club doesn't want him speaks volumes.

Anyway I am not trying to convince anyone about anything, Just expressing my personal feelings about what has happened. Take it or leave it.

Sentence 1 - OK have to accept that

Sentence 2 - maybe we know something the Cats don't. But it is a strong point.

Sentence 3- depends on if it is indeed a fact

So there are 4 possibilities:

we wanted him but he is just a rat

we dumped him because he did something bad within the club which other clubs either don't know about or don't care about,

we dumped him (or offered a poor contract) because we knew he still had problems which the Cats etc are prepared to overlook.

Roos felt we could get some more required players by letting him go.

Looks like we won't get much for Clark so I doubt the strategy of using him to get more required players.

I wish I could be as objective and as even tempered as you Sue. My blood pressure control would be a whole lot better.

Edited by chook fowler

Looks like we won't get much for Clark so I doubt the strategy of using him to get more required players.

I wish I could be as objective and as even tempered as you Sue. My blood pressure control would be a whole lot better.

I find the 'consistent' policies of the AFL are sufficient to keep my blood at boiling point.

• Like 1

So he isn't going to do anything to help us get better compensation is he? What a rat, it's all just about MC.

Dead set takes some balls to do what he's just done . Ruthless and xompassionless like a serial killer.

Go eat a bag of dicks user [censored]!

This pic was in the Age just now - anybody else think Mitch's tattoo looks like it spells 'liar'?

Edit: Including link and deleted picture - http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/melbourne-and-geelong-close-to-deal-on-mitch-clark-20141001-10ohan.html

Isn't it a tad weird that a grown man would have his name tattooed on himself!

• Like 1