GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Yep just reported he is now down at Geelong, this bloke is a real turncoat. I wish nothing but the worst for him

Be easy and quicker to cite who HASNT been seen in Geelong :rolleyes:^_^

• Like 1

I have tried to withhold judgement until we knew more. Seems to me that there are still two alternatives.

1. We made it clear to him that he was not wanted, or if wanted, only on a very undesirable contract. And we did that because we know more than other clubs or have a cunning scheme in mind.

2. MC is indeed best described by the long list of expletives deleted that some having been lobbing at him.

For the comfort of supporters, if #1 is the truth, then I hope the club lets us know some way or another.

• Like 4

If Clark is still contracted, why is he allowed to speak to other clubs like this?

my guess is because we are letting him !!

• Like 1

I have tried to withhold judgement until we knew more. Seems to me that there are still two alternatives.

1. We made it clear to him that he was not wanted, or if wanted, only on a very undesirable contract. And we did that because we know more than other clubs or have a cunning scheme in mind.

2. MC is indeed best described by the long list of expletives deleted that some having been lobbing at him.

For the comfort of supporters, if #1 is the truth, then I hope the club lets us know some way or another.

I doubt the Club will make any specific statement about MC given his history of mental health issues beyond we supported him etc.

I think the behind the scenes assessments will be different and best left there.

• Like 1

I doubt the Club will make any specific statement about MC given his history of mental health issues beyond we supported him etc.

I think the behind the scenes assessments will be different and best left there.

While I can see why you say that, I really think that the club has to give some indication to supporters that it wasn't screwed if indeed it was not screwed. There will be ways of doing it perhaps with a bit of subtext, without stepping over the line you are concerned about.

At the risk of coming across like Picket Fence and posting a song no one gives a [censored] about, this little ditty by Tool sums up this whole Clark saga for me.

Suck and suck.

Suckin' up all you can suckin' up all you can suck.

Workin' up under my patience like a little tick.

Fat little parasite.

Suck me dry.

My blood is bruised and borrowed.

You thieving bastards.

You have turned my blood cold and bitter,

Beat my compassion black and blue.

Hope this is what you wanted.

Hope this is what you had in mind.

Cuz this is what you're getting.

I hope you're choking.

hope you choke on this.

I hope you're choking.

I hope you choke on this.

Taken all I can taken all I can, we can take.

Taken all you can taken you can, we can take.

Got nothing left to give to you.

Blood suckin' parasitic little blood suckin parasitic little

Blood suckin' parasitic little tick

Take what you want and then go.

Suck me dry.

Is this what you wanted?

Is this what you had in mind?

Is this what you wanted?

Cuz this this is what you're getting.

I hope, I hope, I hope you choke.

• Like 6

I am going to suggest in this new era of "MFC has some bloody idea of what it's doing" that the club will be very , VERY circumspect on what it says ( does ) in regard to players leaving and Clark in particular.

it may well harbour opinions and indeed know much but until said person(s) are out the door and contracts signed with replacements then it serves the club no particular service to let anyone know more than they need. We have a couple of Poker Masters at the Helm now. The River is dealt in Trade week and thats when we'll see them in their element.

From holding water like a colander we're a tight lot now. Will be interesting. These guys are shrewd :)

• Like 2

I am going to suggest in this new era of "MFC has some bloody idea of what it's doing" that the club will be very , VERY circumspect on what it says ( does ) in regard to players leaving and Clark in particular.

it may well harbour opinions and indeed know much but until said person(s) are out the door and contracts signed with replacements then it serves the club no particular service to let anyone know more than they need. We have a couple of Poker Masters at the Helm now. The River is dealt in Trade week and thats when we'll see them in their element.

From holding water like a colander we're a tight lot now. Will be interesting. These guys are shrewd :)

for your and my sake i hope that's true

otherwise it sounds like something i've heard before

I agree. In case I didn't make it clear, in my posts where I said the club should say something to explain why it hasn't been screwed, that should only happen after everything is settled.

• Like 1

I agree. In case I didn't make it clear, in my posts where I said the club should say something to explain why it hasn't been screwed, that should only happen after everything is settled.

Clubs tend to say how they are so pleased with outcomes.

We are delighted to have snared Lucas Cook blah blah....

or it is a win win situation South Mebourne's we are delighted with Neville Fields as a swap for the entire Daniher dynasty.

No point bltch'n grin and move on.

• Like 1

for your and my sake i hope that's true

otherwise it sounds like something i've heard before

This bloke (PJ) managed a profit. No mean feat. Im thinking (now ) That Roos Taylor Viney might be able to conjure up more than a rabbit.But you dont do that by telling all how you'll do it :)
  • Like 1

Encouraging post.

I'm trying to reconcile "well-managed footy club" with "MFC", but it seems to be happening :D

Encouraging post.

I'm trying to reconcile "well-managed footy club" with "MFC", but it seems to be happening :D

takes some repeating doesn't it !!
  • Like 1

"Clubs have a better idea of how each is thinking, having attended Tuesday's ground-breaking, pre-trade meetings at Collingwood's Westpac Centre. The Bombers' representatives, who had already spoken to most of the clubs, did not attend because they were attending a funeral."

I sure hope that the AFL got ASIO in to sweep the place for bugs - wouldn't put it past Collingwood to bug the meeting to their own advantage.

I am withholding judgement.

What strikes me as strange is the multiple clubs being visited, is it possible they are keen to start with and then get cold feet? Or is the manager playing some game?

I get the bombers would take the risk and throw money at the problem as they are in strife (and we would only get grief in return).

"Clubs have a better idea of how each is thinking, having attended Tuesday's ground-breaking, pre-trade meetings at Collingwood's Westpac Centre. The Bombers' representatives, who had already spoken to most of the clubs, did not attend because they were attending a funeral."

I sure hope that the AFL got ASIO in to sweep the place for bugs - wouldn't put it past Collingwood to bug the meeting to their own advantage.

Eddie left a tape recorder in a briefcase under the table. Upon retrieval, he found someone tampered with it..

http://youtu.be/_ok7SpbRhbA

• Like 1

While I can see why you say that, I really think that the club has to give some indication to supporters that it wasn't screwed if indeed it was not screwed. There will be ways of doing it perhaps with a bit of subtext, without stepping over the line you are concerned about.

Depends on what your definition of screwed is.

We have paid over $1m, got 15 games over 3 years from a player that would have much of our medical budget.

I think we have already been screwed by the situation.

The club has little control of the outcome but should try to maximise where it can.

And that's an obvious given that does not have to be put in a presser.

Edited by Qwerty30
  • Like 3