AFL 360 - Focus on MFC

Toorak

If you look at Paul Roos' trading history, you would see that he has a VERY high strike rate with it. Moreover, you would see that he's not a big believer in draft picks, often trading out first round picks for average footballers. He then turned those average footballers into important role players. Some have even gone on to become AA.

My point is, there's no way in hell Roos will trade out Watts, Toumpas, Grimes or Trengove for speculative draft picks. And nor should he.

• Like 6

You think two years is plenty of time for a kid to properly develop in an area do you?

Minimum of 4 for me. Absolute MINIMUM

MFC fans are so starved for success that if someone doesn't show a glimpse of talent (which Toumpas actually has, i have posted his stats numerous times and refuse to again) we must remove them from our list. We have waited 7 [censored] years, i don't mind waiting again. I finally actually trust a board, and coach of the MFC. No knee jerk reactions thanks.

No, I don't. As I said, it's probably not enough. I actually wanted to know how many years we do give before we start thinking of trades if the player hasn't developed as advertised.

Hey Col Travis had his issues but don't tell me you wouldn't love to have him coming off half back or the wing with his silky skills and delivery by foot in amongst the dross we have put up with this year?

I guess but we also in those days had blokes with similar disposal skills such as the Ooze so if we traded him earlier, we potentially could have gotten something better. Maybe that's why he stands out as one who frustrated.

Won't get rid of or trade Toumpas, Trengove, Grimes or Watts so don't get excited. We will delist players like Blease, Bail, Fitzpatrick, Strauss, Evans etc and replace with draft picks, might trade draft pick from Frawley for someone like Cameron.

• Like 1

dumb and dumber

Grimes, Toumpas & Watts are all to stay.

Frawley going is likely so we get 3, 4, 22, Stretch hopefully at 40.

Need to use pick 4 then to get Shiel.

spot on. You don't build culture by trading away players who have a lot to offer

Our football dept aren't idiots. Lots of stuff is going on behind the scenes. Let's just leave them to it and see what emerges.

They don't need gratuitous advice from the media, or Demonlanders (myself included)

well lets just take all the fun out of footy all-together then, 'sit down, shutup, & hold on',,, but only after you've paid your money... of course.

lucky hair isn't worth anything, or we'd all be shorn before games, as well. <3

That's okay.

The family are probably a pack of liars....

So if Tyson was traded whats stopping any of the others being traded? If GWS wants picks it will trade to get them and not care about a pact a bunch of ots employees made, possibly while om the [censored]

If you look at Paul Roos' trading history, you would see that he has a VERY high strike rate with it. Moreover, you would see that he's not a big believer in draft picks, often trading out first round picks for average footballers. He then turned those average footballers into important role players. Some have even gone on to become AA.

My point is, there's no way in hell Roos will trade out Watts, Toumpas, Grimes or Trengove for speculative draft picks. And nor should he.

Love your work SS, well summed up.

My take on it is that King and Maclure were just in fantasy land. "Quick, manufacture a crisis so we can suggest any random idea we want, because we all know activity = solution".

I'm dissatisfied with this season, but not about to hit panic buttons like they are calling for.

David King cops a lot of criticism when hes usually right

Remember he was calling for Neelds head just 10 games into his coaching career, and he was spot in that it was a disaster to hire him in the first place

meanwhile MFC supporters called King a moron

• Like 2

Remember he was calling for Neelds head just 10 games into his coaching career, and he was spot in that it was a disaster to hire him in the first place

Even morons are right sometimes.

• Like 1

Trengove and toumpas have far too much theoretical upside to trade for a bad pick, watts and grimes might fetch a better deal

I think our attacking game suffered because of our skill errors and Hogan being injured

Theoretical upside?? they either have upside or they dont! What the hell can be theoretical about it?

Much honesty and common sense from King and Mclure.

Think PR is already going to go down that track anyway.

Thank god it wasnt a DL poster that wrote this.

They would be scolded by the gin drinkers.

Please kingy,dont give up on extolling your ideas about our club.

Plenty on here have posted exactly the King Scenario.

The thing was HH, he didn't really do anything but stir the pot. He continually stopped short of saying he should be sacked while intimating that he should be sacked. He just kept saying about how the club needed to look at the entire process of how Neeld was hired (which was fair enough) but the intelligent thing would be to say that the situation was what it was and we would have to wait a little bit until the jury was out. The truth was it was much too early to say that the appointment was a definite failure. Sure knock the process and say it looks horrible in the short term but it was knee jerk to say it was never going to get better after 10 rounds. (Only after round 1 2013 could most of us definitely say that it was never ever going to get better and in fact it was getting worse).

The stuff about last quarters is nothing new. Roosy has bought it up himself as an issue in post game press conferences so no one is hiding from anything and King is saying nothing revolutionary. At the moment, this is also pot stirring.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

That's okay.

The family are probably a pack of liars....

Or alternatively he and his sister don't communicate as well as they might.

I know I don't talk to my sisters a lot about what my intentions are, and the majority of my mates have a better idea of what's going on in my life and my head.

• Like 1