Triple "ouch" factor

picket fence

Just in regards to the lack of fight for Pedersen but im pretty sure I read last year on this board that a poster was at a MFC function and an unamed player mentioned that pedo isn't well liked by the group???

Is one week not enough?

Pretty good discipline I would have thought??

"He's got this dream about buying some land, he's gonna, give up the booze and the one night stands

and then he'll settle down in a quiet little town and forget about everything"

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

Just in regards to the lack of fight for Pedersen but im pretty sure I read last year on this board that a poster was at a MFC function and an unamed player mentioned that pedo isn't well liked by the group???

Be nice to know just which of their teammates they will go to bat for.

• Like 1

If he was wearing my jumper regardless of any personal cr@p I'd be in there. We are a weak bunch of pushovers.

• Like 3

The players response to the Merret hit was atrocious. Surprisingly, Frawley (and Kent) was the only person who had a go at him. Surely our players weren't intimidated were they? I mean I understand its called being a professional and all but it would of been reasonable. I AT LEAST expected Dunn to get in his face. If Hawthorn were in the same position it would of been a total different situation. Our players not only need to get some skills but grow some balls and stick up for their mates. [censored] I hate being bitchy but our team has soo many negatives its hard to be consistently optimistic

Edited by Moneider96
  • Like 2

It's like we are a poor man's North Melbourne. They do better against the top teams and stuff up against the weak opponents.

The difference being, they actually get wins, where we just differ in the % impact of the losses.

I'd say that now we've lost to the Dogs, Saints, Giants and Lions, we have an odd record of only beating teams above us on the ladder, but that is kind of spurious; all the teams we play are above us on the ladder.

• Like 2

Even the slightest possibility that the players didn't back up Pederson after the hit because they 'didn't like him all that much' is deeply disturbing. Do these people have no grasp of anything football is supposed to stand for, or anything that success as a team requires.

There have been players throughout AFL/VFL/pre-VFL history who outright hated eachother, refused to even speak to eachother unless necessary, but who could still each commit to back the other up on the field.

Well the "group" can get stuffed. I'm on Pedersen's side. One of the very few blokes at this club who has actually taken the opportunity presented by our new coach to turn his career around.

• Like 4

Well then what point are you trying to convey by saying he's not the Messiah?

It's a negative post about Roos, which begs the question of what you think he's not doing well.

Looking at the list, Roo's couldn't do any better with what he has. It's a sad situation but the truth, there's many that should not be playing AFL.

However I really hate Roo's being called the Messiah, I actually find it distasteful.

We will be able to judge Roos by what he does next. which players he gets rid of. Watts must go. We had Pig Dog taking marks at centre half forward, that's what Watts should be doing; he's not up to it.

And when a player is decked, where I used to play it was "one in all in".

Roos has some work to do

1. Stef Martin traded for pick 53 (Matt Jones) and pick 71 (Dan Nicholson)

2. Tom Rockliff training with Melbourne before being overlooked in the 2008 draft (for Blease, Strauss, Bennell, Jetta, Bail) but promising to take him as a rookie

3. Taking James Strauss at pick 19 (2008 draft) in the hope Jack Redden (pick 25) would fall to pick 35

Ouch, ouch, and ouch!

Just to add another ouch - I'm fairly sure we had committed to Rory Sloane at pick 35, but then, when it came to it, we let him slide too.

Barry Prendergast. The human wrecking ball.

Read this and weep: http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/06/30/melbourne-demons-will-take-long-road-to-rebuilding/

Well the "group" can get stuffed. I'm on Pedersen's side. One of the very few blokes at this club who has actually taken the opportunity presented by our new coach to turn his career around.

No absolutely im with you there I was a gobsmacked and the cheer squad around me were yelling at the players to get into Merrett.

Im on the Pedo Bandwagon and someone that has busted his ass for this year.

The rest of the player can go and get stuffed!

No absolutely im with you there I was a gobsmacked and the cheer squad around me were yelling at the players to get into Merrett.

Im on the Pedo Bandwagon and someone that has busted his ass for this year.

The rest of the player can go and get stuffed!

It shouldn't matter who the player is, whether they are supposedly not popular or not, when that happens the team should have gotten right up Merrett regardless of the player.

Imagine if that was JKH or Salem that got hit and the boys didn't do anything

Just to add another ouch - I'm fairly sure we had committed to Rory Sloane at pick 35, but then, when it came to it, we let him slide too.

Read this and weep: http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/06/30/melbourne-demons-will-take-long-road-to-rebuilding/

I agreed with the main part about gutting the club of experience and gifting games to green youngsters.

However, that article is horribly dated and praises Neeld on bringing Clark to the club (which was a move derailed by luck more than a lack of effort on anyone's behalf) while not foreseeing that he would clog the list with Rodan, Byrnes, Gillies, Sellar (though he was 2012) and Magner (trier but emblematic of the NQR recruiting of the time) among others.

It seemed to also relieve CC and CS of any responsibility in that debacle. Those two were causing Bails to coach with one hand tied behind his back from 2008-2009.

I agreed with the main part about gutting the club of experience and gifting games to green youngsters.

However, that article is horribly dated and praises Neeld on bringing Clark to the club (which was a move derailed by luck more than a lack of effort on anyone's behalf) while not foreseeing that he would clog the list with Rodan, Byrnes, Gillies, Sellar (though he was 2012) and Magner (trier but emblematic of the NQR recruiting of the time) among others.

It seemed to also relieve CC and CS of any responsibility in that debacle. Those two were causing Bails to coach with one hand tied behind his back from 2008-2009.

Ain't that the truth!!!!! It wasn't all that long ago, when Paul Roos was still coaching the Swans, that he observed after we destroyed them at the 'G, that we were certainly going to be a team to be reckoned with in the not too distant future. Come the draft table, Bails was shafted yet again and the rest is now a matter of a very painful record. RIP Dean. Why is it that so often, such bad things happen to such good people? Karma is biting us on the proverbial, as it has done for so long.

Agree Dean Bailey had this team up and going. The players played for him and respected him. He had no support around him except the players

Cam Schwab and Chris Connelly can go and GF! They weren't doing their job like they were suppose to and yet Bailey got the sack because of these two [censored]. Then Garry Lyon had the guts to turn around and give Schwab another go after a stern warning.

We are in this position because of them flogs

• Like 1

1. McKenzie, Evans, Fitzy all under contract next year..............so count them off the "clean out list"

2. Frawley is gone, and he will win a flag before Melbourne does.

3. Round 21 Demons V GWS could be another "Kruezer Cup" type scenario with the winner avoiding the spoon and the loser cast aside to battle percentage with the lowly Saints (depending on the Saints V Dogs result in Round 20 of course, the Saints could pinch that one meaning the loser of Dees v GWS could take the spoon)

Good pick-up Ron and thanks for adding to the pain.

Unless you're a Ro Bail fan, Nev Jetta is the only saving grace from what has turned out to be a bit of a disastrous draft. I suppose we should be grateful Jetta hung on as a rookie at the end of last year after being delisted. It would have completely done me in if he was carving it up for West Coast this year.

From all those picks and near misses of 2008 you'd be forgiven for thinking we are cursed. Even if I was in charge of recruiting that year I reckon I could of at least fluked one decent pick. It's almost as though Barry Prendergast was a recruiting genius who knew exactly who to take but purposely avoided them. This was the draft from which he's really made a name for himself (on demonland at least).

But I guess its all easy in retrospect.

Agree Dean Bailey had this team up and going. The players played for him and respected him. He had no support around him except the players

Cam Schwab and Chris Connelly can go and GF! They weren't doing their job like they were suppose to and yet Bailey got the sack because of these two [censored]. Then Garry Lyon had the guts to turn around and give Schwab another go after a stern warning.

We are in this position because of them flogs

Yes and no. We at the time were wailing and complaining about 8 win seasons not so long ago as 'accepting mediocrity'. My god, wouldn't we kill for that kind of mediocrity again?!

I think Iva's point is a good one. At the end, the tail was wagging the dog way too much with Bails and it bred the environment that allowed 186 to happen. I do feel sorry for Bails in a sense as well because put bluntly, if he did want to spray the players, he was endangering his last source of support. He had to become close too them in an effort to stave off CS and CC's efforts to get him sacked.

I used to be a so called Bailey hater and call me a hindsight merchant if you will (and I most likely am) but history is giving him a much kinder verdict than thought possible. It would have worked out better I think if Bails had just said to Don or Jimmy that either CS gets out of the football department or I leave as my job is becoming impossible to do. I know Bails was a very loyal bloke and wouldn't have done that but I think it was the most loyal thing he could have done as it would have been the best thing for the club.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Shouldn't matter who the player is. He is a Melbourne player and the other 17 Melbourne players on the ground should have responded.

Long over due for Hawthorne style line in the sand. I don't care how politically incorrect it is, this club needs to show some heart.