On good authority/ The "good" mail....

Darbsy

SPR im not trying to question your sources but you seem to be in the know with alot in the AFL which is alright I guess but your strike right is pretty..

If West Coast knew he had already verbally agreed to Port Power he wouldn't have been picked to play this weekend.

Could easily be playing Lycett in the hope he will perform and raise his trade value.

Why?

Think about it Machsy if you were a coach and a player came to you half way through the year and said i have already agreed to play with another team next year you dont continue to give him games when he has already committed somewhere else. A complet waste of time and taking up a spot for somebody who is far more commited to the team.

It would also send a poor message to the rest of the team and I can guarantee you would lose alot of the players rest aswell.

He would be in the twos for the rest of the year.

This thread hasn't amounted to much.

Its Todd Viney, he should be allowed to do it to whoever he wants!

Don't know about that… If thats happening in the work place things clearly arnt right.
Its extremely unprofessional, Im pretty surprised to hear that to be honest.

Don't know about that… If thats happening in the work place things clearly arnt right.

It was tongue in cheek from me but you are definitely right im pretty surprise to hear that aswell. And if it was over being late to trying its probably a tad harsh to grab someone by the throat up against the wall. Would be acceptable if he was shagging ya missus or someone worse.

It was tongue in cheek from me but you are definitely right im pretty surprise to hear that aswell. And if it was over being late to trying its probably a tad harsh to grab someone by the throat up against the wall. Would be acceptable if he was shagging ya missus or someone worse.

Sorry I should've realised it was tongue in cheek, your posts are generally quite reasonable.

Yeh I agree, If it is indeed true, hopefully it ran deeper than stef being late :s

Think about it Machsy if you were a coach and a player came to you half way through the year and said i have already agreed to play with another team next year you dont continue to give him games when he has already committed somewhere else. A complet waste of time and taking up a spot for somebody who is far more commited to the team.

It would also send a poor message to the rest of the team and I can guarantee you would lose alot of the players rest aswell.

Cox is concussed this week. So maybe Lycett gets the game as the best alternative. The other players know nothing is finalised and know that the game is a profession these days so probably aren't highly strung as back in the good old days. Plus it's West Coast. If they were going to get serious and get angry about anything they'd have done it by now, such an insipid lot at the moment.

I think West Coast will have seen Brad Ebert go from plodder at the Eagles to almost an A grader at Port. They wont be keen to lose Lycett to Port after Cox has retired (and even part of that retirement being due to wanting to see Lycett get a bigger role). If it's true Lycett is keen to go to Port I'd expect this one to get pretty ugly. I'm not sure West Coast have the nuts to push him in to the preseason draft or if it's the right option.

Also not sure he'd be a guy we'd go for in the PSD and annoy him, the AFLPA and Port at the same time if it even happened. Maybe our best role could be to be the third party to the trading deal and see if we could provide something to help out. I wouldn't mind spinning our second rounder from pick 20 in to two picks in the 30's for example.

• Like 1

Don't agree at all.

Who says Lycett has gone to Simpson and said "I'm out"?

He'd deal with the list manager for a start, and I doubt he'd have outright declared "I'm gone."

The players all know how the game works. They're playing it themselves.

But maybe WC thinks they still have a chance of retaining Lycett so want to give him game time as an enticement?

But even if he would prefer to keep him in the 2s, what if Simpson needs to play Lycett out of necessity?

Cox out with concussion. Or do you risk Josh Kennedy by chucking him in the ruck for stints, out of spite?

I don't know WC's injury list at the moment, but it's not a "waste of a spot" if you've got no one else to fill it.

I'm not convinced that signing for another club and being committed to your existing club for the remainder of your contract are mutually exclusive things. In the workplace, for every person I've seen put their feet up on the desk for the last few weeks, I've seen just as many gun it right until the end.

You'd have to treat each case individually I would think.

• Like 2

Its a footy club. theres a lot worse than that out there...

Cox is concussed this week. So maybe Lycett gets the game as the best alternative. The other players know nothing is finalised and know that the game is a profession these days so probably aren't highly strung as back in the good old days. Plus it's West Coast. If they were going to get serious and get angry about anything they'd have done it by now, such an insipid lot at the moment.

I think West Coast will have seen Brad Ebert go from plodder at the Eagles to almost an A grader at Port. They wont be keen to lose Lycett to Port after Cox has retired (and even part of that retirement being due to wanting to see Lycett get a bigger role). If it's true Lycett is keen to go to Port I'd expect this one to get pretty ugly. I'm not sure West Coast have the nuts to push him in to the preseason draft or if it's the right option.

Also not sure he'd be a guy we'd go for in the PSD and annoy him, the AFLPA and Port at the same time if it even happened. Maybe our best role could be to be the third party to the trading deal and see if we could provide something to help out. I wouldn't mind spinning our second rounder from pick 20 in to two picks in the 30's for example.

How about we send our 2nd pick to the Eagles, they send Lycett to Port and we get Moore.

I'm not convinced that signing for another club and being committed to your existing club for the remainder of your contract are mutually exclusive things. In the workplace, for every person I've seen put their feet up on the desk for the last few weeks, I've seen just as many gun it right until the end.

You'd have to treat each case individually I would think.

I don't think that's the complete issue 'Nasher', from Roos point of view I think it's about taking a place in the team where he could be developing someone else.

wonder when we'll get the trade/draft board up ? :)

Isn't this it?

you know what I mean lol :)

I have it on good authority that nobody has good mail...

According to the illustrious Gary Lyon we should offer overs for Steven Motlop.

Haven't read much on here lately so may have already been posted.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/melbourne-demons-urged-to-chase-geelong-star-steven-motlop-20140727-zx6a2.html

I hope those looking at WC - A Gaff have reconsidered. Is the definition of a soft down hill skier. Had 1 tackle last week in the wet when Pridis had 18. IMO does not play the style of football Roosy want's.

Only had the 2 tackles again today, too. If you ignore his 31 possessions and 3 goals he was absolutely shithouse!

• Like 2

The "ENYAW TFARD DRAOB" ???

Anyone not having drunk two bottles of Bowler's Run Cab Sav before posting will have their posting privileges rescinded.

The three main rumors are Shiel (targeted last year but GWS weren't prepared to trade), Cameron (although Roos claims he is "unaware" of any such talks) and Malceski (Roos says we have not contacted his management in the last 8 weeks, read into that what you like).

We might try Rockliff again as we were apparently incredibly close last year (would've been a done deal if Voss wasn't sacked), and could pick up O'Keefe for a year if Swans delist him, unless he retires at EOS.

No doubt there'll be another 3 or 4 "who?" pickups like Michie and Riley.

no way Rockliff, Cameron or Sheil

any RFA player could only have a non-binding agreement with another club at this stage (pre FA period)

therefore any such player could legitimately state "i haven't made up my mind at this stage" without telling an untruth because he is yet to sign a legitimate afl authorised contract

so everything can be true and untrue simultaneously at this time

Well, yes and no, sort of

Quote your source. This kind of outlandish statement starts wars. If you're not prepared to name names then retract immediately!

I would have thought 3 times a week average and twice below average?

I say bring back carrier pigeons.

On good authority I hear that not only Australia Post will deliver only twice a week, but also Abbott wants to legislate to ensure that email to also only arrive twice a week!

I guess it would depend on where the team was situated. Certainly a team well short of finals could consider that, but on the other hand a genuine flag contender would I am sure think very differently. For example if Clarkson knew mid last season for certain that Franklin was leaving, do you really think he would just send him off to Box Hill? Edited by monoccular

On good authority I hear that not only Australia Post will deliver only twice a week, but also Abbott wants to legislate to ensure that email to also only arrive twice a week!

never

I have it on real good authority that Aus Post is weak, absolutely pizz weak, & they're tracking is absolutely useless. a total waste of time...

compared to USPS, aus post is like a Russian BBQ in February.