Paul Roos signs for third year

Such a shame they don't have twitter, phone lines or the Internet in Glasgow.

who cares.......lots of damn fine Scotch !!!

and damn awful haggis !!!

we dont mention that stuff.........ever.........naughty corner....off you go !!!

Roos has said he wants someone with the same values, philosophies, similar game style so that the players don't have to change again when someone else comes in.

IMO Bomba and Roos seem very similar types.

Watching them on AFL360 they are like an old married couple. Roos will starting talking about a certain type of play and Bomba will finish it off for him.

It's pure magic to watch.

• Like 1

Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire succeeds Roos. Again.

that sentence doesn't make sense

longmire can't succeed (replace) roos twice

do you mean he owes his success to roos twice (by inheriting his list/culture)

or do you mean he surpasses roos twice, in which case he would need 3 premierships

or do you mean he would be twice as successful as roos

i'm guessing you mean option three :)

that sentence doesn't make sense

longmire can't succeed (replace) roos twice

Im not sure why he cant ?

Im not sure why he cant ?

he only could if roos coached the swans for a second stint and was then succeeded (replaced) again by longmire

which of course he hasn't so if longmire wins a premiership this year he won;t have succeeded roos twice

simple really

Edited by daisycutter

I reckon we get Bomber as an assistant in 2015, Clarkson in 2016 and Ross Lyon in 2017 all as assistants and bring back Mark Neeld as senior coach

coach.

Mate, even that wouldn't help Neeld

he only could if roos coached the swans for a second stint and was then succeeded (replaced) again by longmire

which of course he hasn't so if longmire wins a premiership this year he won;t have succeeded roos twice

simple really

is it

I dont see a reference to him succeeding Roos at the Swans twice...just succeeding Roos twice , that can be anywhere

is it

I dont see a reference to him succeeding Roos at the Swans twice...just succeeding Roos twice , that can be anywhere

it was a pretty strong inference given it was coupled with longmire winning the 2014 premiership

anyway, if you want to go down that extreme logic path then roos would have to coach another side this year, then be succeeded by longmire, also this year and for that side to win the 2014 premiership.

alternatively longmire would have to succeed roos at melbourne this year and for melbourne to win the 2014 premiership which is currently mathematically impossible unless a number of sides above were to lose premiership points for some indiscretions.

you really do like to draw the long long bow

so, hope that clears up your lingering doubts

it was a pretty strong inference given it was coupled with longmire winning the 2014 premiership

anyway, if you want to go down that extreme logic path then roos would have to coach another side this year, then be succeeded by longmire, also this year and for that side to win the 2014 premiership.

alternatively longmire would have to succeed roos at melbourne this year and for melbourne to win the 2014 premiership which is currently mathematically impossible unless a number of sides above were to lose premiership points for some indiscretions.

you really do like to draw the long long bow

so, hope that clears up your lingering doubts

I had no doubts...you saw a shadow

I was actually just having a bit of fun DC. The odds of Longmire leaving Sydney after a premiership are huge. Coming to Melbourne also huge. Put them together and it's the longest of long shots. There's been so many suggestions and so many names thrown out there I just thought I'd introduce possibly the last possible candidate.

I was actually just having a bit of fun DC. The odds of Longmire leaving Sydney after a premiership are huge. Coming to Melbourne also huge. Put them together and it's the longest of long shots. There's been so many suggestions and so many names thrown out there I just thought I'd introduce possibly the last possible candidate.

fair enough gv. i knew you were having a bit of fun just like me

i was just confused by exactly what you were saying

you have now cleared up what you meant, thanks (and it wasn't any of the 3 options i hypthesised - lol my bad)

I had no doubts...you saw a shadow

you're probably right bb

one final anal comment from me

I took "Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire succeeds Roos. Again."

as meaning "Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire (as a result) succeeds Roos. Again."

instead of "Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire (then) succeeds Roos. Again."

i know...i need help

• Like 1

you're probably right bb

one final anal comment from me

I took "Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire succeeds Roos. Again."

as meaning "Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire (as a result) succeeds Roos. Again."

instead of "Sydney win the 2014 Premiership. Longmire (then) succeeds Roos. Again."

i know...i need help

Try enemas online or some such dc.

I'd say all indications point to Roosy being coach for 3 years.

Based on his speak and body language on FC he quite clearly would like his successor in place for the 2014/15 pre-season. Whether that happens or not we will see.

Edited by Hot as Hell

Maybe Roos is waiting to see if PJ signs up for a few more years (technically PJ's term expires in a few months). If PJ doesn't sign up then PR would like to know who the CEO is before he himself signs up for 3rd year.

PJ signing is more urgent right now! Lets hope we hear some PJ re-signing news soon.

Maybe we've got this back-to-front. Perhaps Roos is waiting to see if Frawley re-signs.

One part to all of this that hasn't really been discussed is that if we bring in a senior assistant next year, will this be an additional coach to what we already have?

I would have thought that if we introduce another coach that it's likely that one of the existing coaches makes way, and if that were the case I have to wonder whether that means that George Stone, similarly to Roos, has only committed for a short term and at Roos really needed him for a year or so to get the boys back into shape until a senior assistant could be found, and then step away once this appointment is made. I can't think that any of our other coaches would be all that pleased to be moved on after only a year or so (given their age and that Stone was close to retiring when up at the Swans anyway I thought)

... would be a bit of a shame because I think Stone has been very well accepted by the club, players and supporters and he would definitely be missed.

One part to all of this that hasn't really been discussed is that if we bring in a senior assistant next year, will this be an additional coach to what we already have?

I would have thought that if we introduce another coach that it's likely that one of the existing coaches makes way, and if that were the case I have to wonder whether that means that George Stone, similarly to Roos, has only committed for a short term and at Roos really needed him for a year or so to get the boys back into shape until a senior assistant could be found, and then step away once this appointment is made. I can't think that any of our other coaches would be all that pleased to be moved on after only a year or so (given their age and that Stone was close to retiring when up at the Swans anyway I thought)

... would be a bit of a shame because I think Stone has been very well accepted by the club, players and supporters and he would definitely be missed.

Stone is in charge of development I believe