• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Objectionable Essendon Supporters

picket fence

I have to agree with most of the views contained in this thread.

I unfortunately went to the 2000 GF and witnessed Long's dog act.

I watched a fight between 2 bummer supporters and I wondered if I could possibly take my yet to be born daughter

to the G. I was comfortable in the knowledge that she would not have to cope with a poor mfc side like I grew up listening to.

I still remain hopefull that we will celebrate a flag together along with her sister who remain true to the red and blue! One of my best friends is a bummers supporter. He is ok when not talking footy but when he does he starts frothing at the mouth

• Like 1

Already have heard stories of some anger and bitterness from those at yesterdays game. Sad and a pity really, I suppose supporters must be feeling totally shattered. Many are still, still in denial over scenarios as played out.

Hnmm interesting times ahead.

Essendon supporters are the worst in the league. They're just like collingwood supporters minus a sense of humour.

Most essendon supporters I know are ok and are [censored] at the club for what's happened and my brother in law has even handed back his membership, they all agree that hird can't and shouldn't come back to coach, my most hated supporter group is hawthorn all because I work with some and they are the most arrogant bunch of morons who just don't let up.

• Like 3

Most essendon supporters I know are ok and are [censored] at the club for what's happened and my brother in law has even handed back his membership, they all agree that hird can't and shouldn't come back to coach, my most hated supporter group is hawthorn all because I work with some and they are the most arrogant bunch of morons who just don't let up.

i worked with 3 Hawks supporters in the 80's like that. 87 & 88 were seriously a living nghtmare with those smug C$&@s

And the bastards are still challenging yearly...

We must thrash them yearly...

• Like 1

The worst behavior I have ever seen at the footy was Melb v WC and a bloke was screaming racist abuse at the indigenous players. In the MCC Ladies Stand and he was a Melbourne supporter. Had a word and got threatened with violence. Every club has idiot supporters but some more than others. Richmond games are interesting. The ones I hate the most are the smug and patronizing Hawks. How to win without any grace whatsoever.

• Like 3

Every team has their lower class of supporter, but in Essendon's case they are the majority rather than the minority.

For a club that has done nothing for a decade, their supporters are far more offensive than those of any other team.

Supercilious, like their club. They can do no wrong, according to their CEO. They're the Reinhardt of the footy world.

Don't get how the players are blameless. Kept getting injected and didn't query, where were their managers? Didn't mention it to their families. Surely alarm bells wldve been ringing. Other sports the onus is on the competitor, they are told what not to take, even cough medicine. Before taking something not sure about they're told to check.

• Like 1

I have only ever had trouble with richmond supporters. Except when we beat them a few weeks ago that day was ok they were pretty quiet, had no issues then. But before that they were horrible. Even the nab cup game this year. Whats worse is when they abuse a player but get the name wrong.

I guess all clubs have supporters that can be feral. My manager went to a melbourne game this year and told me she had a melbourne fan in front of her with 2 kids who was using the f word and being disrespectful.

Essendon fans amuse me at the moment because they blame the media and journos for reporting what went on. No they are doing there job. Its your club that went down this path.

• Like 1

Bomberblitz is a good laugh at the moment.

As I was on a recent holiday from our own magnificent forum I took the opportunity to indulge in some schadenfreude.

You should read some of the terrible things they write about that lovely journalist Caroline Wilson.Shocking.

As bad as most Essendon supporters are, the uruk-hai type ferals are the ones with memberships... And funnily enough, that's where i found myself sitting on Sunday night.

Smack bang (no pun intended) in the middle of their members. If only security wasn't busy with someone else and could have told me and my mate (Sydney supporter) we weren't meant to be sitting there. There were no other dee fans for atleast 60 metres either side of me, but hey that makes things more fun i guess. Was copping lip the whole game from 3 different ferals but was able to hold my own. Needless to say, when Salem goaled you could here a needle drop (pun intended). Easillly without doubt the dumbest, most whingey and self rightious supporters i've come across. I needed a shower.

• Like 1

Sunday evening was a real healing experience. This is my second year as a member (third year I've supported the MFC, and third since I've moved to this country), and the first Dees game I saw at the 'G was Essendon vs MFC last April. Watching it with my Weagles supporting Father In law and my Bummers supporting Mother in Law was a real respect winning moment, as well as work &my WAFL mates yesterday, especially wearing my scarf to work & on the train for the third time in three years was a fantastic experience, have just made the decision to blow off my Mrs birthday (and our anniversary) for the Weagles match in August.

Edited by WAdee
  • Like 5

Sunday evening was a real healing experience. This is my second year as a member (third year I've supported the MFC, and third since I've moved to this country), and the first Dees game I saw at the 'G was Essendon vs MFC last April. Watching it with my Weagles supporting Father In law and my Bummers supporting Mother in Law was a real respect winning moment, as well as work &my WAFL mates yesterday, especially wearing my scarf to work & on the train for the third time in three years was a fantastic experience, have just made the decision to blow off my Mrs birthday (and our anniversary) for the Weagles match in August.

Where are you originally from WAdee and how did you happen upon the MFC during one of its lowest ebbs?

Bomberblitz is a good laugh at the moment.

As I was on a recent holiday from our own magnificent forum I took the opportunity to indulge in some schadenfreude.

You should read some of the terrible things they write about that lovely journalist Caroline Wilson.Shocking.

Well who would have thought?

They aren't too bad after all.

I love watching the oppositions coach at their press conference after we beat their team.

They look so depressed.

I especially loved that we beat MessyDrugs as it was a game of good verses evil and good kick their butt.

The worst behavior I have ever seen at the footy was Melb v WC and a bloke was screaming racist abuse at the indigenous players. In the MCC Ladies Stand and he was a Melbourne supporter. Had a word and got threatened with violence. Every club has [censored] supporters but some more than others. Richmond games are interesting. The ones I hate the most are the smug and patronizing Hawks. How to win without any grace whatsoever.

there is no "ladies stand" in the MCC. Troll.
  • Like 1

there is no "ladies stand" in the MCC. Troll.

There was before the new stand was built. It was there for over 100 years until the completion of the new northern stand. I watched the Demons win the 1964 flag from the front row of the second deck as a 9 year old in 1964. Are you calling me a troll or admitting to being one?

• Like 2

There was before the new stand was built. It was there for over 100 years until the completion of the new northern stand. I watched the Demons win the 1964 flag from the front row of the second deck as a 9 year old in 1964. Are you calling me a troll or admitting to being one?

Correct obba I was about to point out macintossa's error myself. To label you are troll was quite despicable and unnecessary. Of course macintossa has a very limited base or either fact or logic from which to argue so I suppose vitriol is his only fall back position!

The old stand was demolished and the replacement opened in 2006. There was a Ladies Stand because MCC membership was limited to males until the Cain Government forced desegregation in the 80s.

For macintossa's (how apt a name)education

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Cricket_Ground

The old stand was demolished and the replacement opened in 2006. There was a Ladies Stand because MCC membership was limited to males until the Cain Government forced desegregation in the 80s.

For macintossa's (how apt a name)education

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Cricket_Ground

The only formal "MCC Ladies Stand" was the 1906 Grey Smith Stand demolished after the 1966 Grand Final.
  • Like 1

Correct. Criticizing melbourne supporters on a Melbourne supporter website is obnoxious. This is why I suggested he/she might be a troll from another club. The ladies stand does not exist now. If a person is being racist in the MCC report them! You will get swift action I can assure you.

so you were a lady then too?