GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree.

We will miss him, but if he doesn't want to be here then so be it.

Thank god this is happening to us while they do still offer compo for free agency.

We have been screwed by it, and taking Byrnes just made it so much worse - the year we lost a best and fairest winner and a Rising Star winner.

But onwards and upwards.

Interesting to see how the poll has evened out.

I hope he stays, but I'm expecting him to go.

• Like 2

I agree.

We will miss him, but if he doesn't want to be here then so be it.

Thank god this is happening to us while they do still offer compo for free agency.

We have been screwed by it, and taking Byrnes just made it so much worse - the year we lost a best and fairest winner and a Rising Star winner.

But onwards and upwards.

Interesting to see how the poll has evened out.

I hope he stays, but I'm expecting him to go.

But the truth is we have a 100% loss rate on free agency. As long as we get compensated I can live with FA but in the long run we need to become a club where players want to stay. if we are to survive, we need to combat moves where compensation will cease if for the only reason that someone like Eddie will decide it needs to be.

In my opinion, Frawley has always been an required player - perhaps even our most important player.

But the way in which he has handled his contract negotiations has, to my mind, has been disrespectful to the club - especially given his standing as a senior leader.

So much so, if he decides to leave and we get decent compensation for him (ie, a good first round pick), I'm cool with that.

In fact, I'm pretty well cool with anything and everything now that Paul Roos is at the helm.

How is that?

• Like 1

Interesting, and something that I hope eventuates.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Frawley is still conditioned from our dark days, he is not leader material, he doesn't set a great example onfield and his capacity to think is very limited.

The opportunities for us to develop our own batch of star mids under the right coaches and environment is here and now.

Posters are just too scarred by the past when clearly not every star was aligning.

I want to see a new breed and a new club born over the coming years.

• Like 2

But the truth is we have a 100% loss rate on free agency. As long as we get compensated I can live with FA but in the long run we need to become a club where players want to stay. if we are to survive, we need to combat moves where compensation will cease if for the only reason that someone like Eddie will decide it needs to be.

100%? what about Dunn for one (i think there are others too)

• Like 2

Poor analogy by Jon Ralph.

Maybe a it'd have been better if it were a comparison between a hotted up commodore you've had for 8 years and all the components of a brand new Ferrari but still requiring assembly.

Either way, I think we'll win as long as another club is willing to couh up significant cash for Chip.

Which I think they will, or else he won't leave.

• Like 1

I had thought he was a good, loyal, country boy.

Well, hang on. He's not gone yet. You've based your sarcastic comment on BBP's rather knee-jerk, defensive reaction to his own unrealistic theory.

Increasingly, FA's will wait out until the end of the season, before signing. It's a business. It's smart business. It's logical business. People have to look at this rationally. There's no point in getting up in arms about it or getting all defensive. Either, he stays and we retain an excellent defender capable of playing forward or, he leaves and we make another club pay $800,000+ for him, while we get a probable top 10 pick for him.

Whatever happens, he has had a disappointing year. He went back last week in the second half, where the ball was all the time and managed 1 possession for the half.

His passing now consist of bombing it a mile in the air. He doesn't seem to chase. He really seems disinterested.

I think he is gone.

To be fair, Redleg, Frawley played back in the final quarter only, having been starved of opportunities up forward in the first three quarters.

Edited by AdamFarr

Interesting, and something that I hope eventuates.

Out with the old, in with the new.

Frawley is still conditioned from our dark days, he is not leader material, he doesn't set a great example onfield and his capacity to think is very limited.

The opportunities for us to develop our own batch of star mids under the right coaches and environment is here and now.

Posters are just too scarred by the past when clearly not every star was aligning.

I want to see a new breed and a new club born over the coming years.

You could argue that the "out with the old, in with the new" philosophy was the mentality that led us into those "dark days". Sooner or later, we need to start retainin senior players. We can't keep giving up experience. Particularly, when that experience comes in the form of an AA rep. I don't care that it was in 2010, the potential is there. Just get him settled.

In a 'matter of fact' sort of fashion I find myself somewhat bemused by all this Frawley discussion.

Is he a absolute gun, is he a needed ( not desired, needed ) player ?

is he playing good footy ?

and then theres any number of questions about whether his heart and mind are even still with us at the Dees?

A gun.? One truly stellar year to date, some rather servicable, currently all over the shop

Needed? Where ? In Defence. Seems to work ok without him. We already have fillips etc and can develop others.

Up front. A very makeshift and sometimes handy fwd who can kick but is that why youd pay big bucks to keep him ?

Id have to say im one of those who currently thin his real value is in what 'that' could be put to use in acquiring someone else for another particular 'role". Im not sure Chip currently has a valid role with us..

How about we offer him $650k first, to ensure a first rounder, or else he stays. We don't want to end up with a second rounder thanks.

You could argue that the "out with the old, in with the new" philosophy was the mentality that led us into those "dark days". Sooner or later, we need to start retainin senior players. We can't keep giving up experience. Particularly, when that experience comes in the form of an AA rep. I don't care that it was in 2010, the potential is there. Just get him settled.

Experience. Another one of the more overused and frustrating terms thrown around at demonland from time to time.

I'd love to know what's so valuable about Frawley's experience? Are we talking games played? Being used to losing? Are we talking about the fact that he is a big body and they take years to build? Or fitness base? Or what?

If it's games played, I could provide a long list of current players out there who've played less games than Frawley but are three times the player..

The point is this. We are no longer coached by clowns. We no longer have a recruiting team of clowns. We are no longer run by clowns.

All the offield stuff is spot on and the environment is clearly a lot better.

Chances are we'll be getting our hands on two of the best mids in the draft and they'll be coming to a place to learn from the best coaches in the business as opposed to the most laughable. They'll be coming to club who has now got it's [censored] together.

It's a no brainer for me but obviously the ball is in Frawley's court.

Our problem still remains deeply imbedded in the midfield and not our KP stocks.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

I still maintain that if Chip has agreed to another club already, he may as well tell the world.

What harm is it going to do? We'll have the choice of playing him in the seniors or have him languish in the VFL as a result of his disloyalty. Personally, I'd keep him in the seniors until Hogan debuts - if this scenario ever eventuated.

The truth will come out eventually if he has already made his decision.

I still maintain that if Chip has agreed to another club already, he may as well tell the world.

What harm is it going to do? We'll have the choice of playing him in the seniors or have him languish in the VFL as a result of his disloyalty. Personally, I'd keep him in the seniors until Hogan debuts - if this scenario ever eventuated.

The truth will come out eventually if he has already made his decision.

What harm is it going to do ? Ummm breaking AFL rules that can lead to suspensions and fines.

He may have agreed to go to another club or he may not have but actually "telling the world" - that is just not going to happen. So maintain away but please look carefully at exactly what he has to lose by announcing now.

For what it is worth - since he has now decided to put on hold any talks until seasons end ( as opposed to waiting until he sees how the season is unfolding) , which is his right, I consider him gonski unless I hear otherwise.

I can't see the point in debating the Frawley situation. Stay or go? Keep or let go? Are we better of keeping him or getting another top 10 pick?

It's all a moot point as it is (almost) completely up to Chipper. I say almost as if we assume he has not already signed with another club the terms of our offer (length of contract, $s) will influence his choice. Whilst i think the dees will offer a decent contract (3-4, perhaps even 5 years at $650K?) we won't go crazy and other clubs closer to a premierships might go harder.

So it is Chippers call. It's actually a good position for the dees for once. If he chooses to say it will be a great fillup for the club, fans and players as he is experienced and a well liked player. If he leaves we are almost certain to snag another first round draft pick, which you could argue would be overs for Chip. Nice dillema

• Like 1

I have supported Frawley and said he would be a massive loss but now I reckon he is seriously gone and I couldn't give a flying toss to be honest. Everyone knows the club is going in the riight direction. If we win 7 games this year and he moves he will look like the biggest fool and idiot going around.

• Like 6