Cam Pedersen

InVINCEable

Funny isn't it?

We were all so hypocritical of Pedersen last year, who would have thought we would be suggesting he was BOG last game?

Kangas would probably be pinching themselves that they decided to trade him away, could use a good KPF since Petrie is going pretty ordinary and Aaron Black isn't having a great season.

Jeez what a funny season.

• Like 1

man he's been good for about 4 weeks now, saturday was fantastic. His confidence is massive, the pack marks and pressure efforts were great. Looking forward to dawes coming back in, the pair are looking like sturdy forwards.

Throw in frawley and at some stage hoges, looks good.

Frawley might go back next week to take cloke.

Or is t-mac capable?

• Like 1

I'll wade in...

I would have to say the transformation of Pedo, Dunn and Jetta is nothing short of extraordinary!!

Gee they are playing so very bloody well!

All credit to the belief Roosy has instilled, and the mentality and presence of mind to know they can be very good AFL footballers

Team effort, well done!!

• Like 4

man he's been good for about 4 weeks now, saturday was fantastic. His confidence is massive, the pack marks and pressure efforts were great. Looking forward to dawes coming back in, the pair are looking like sturdy forwards.

Throw in frawley and at some stage hoges, looks good.

Frawley might go back next week to take cloke.

Or is t-mac capable?

I could beat Cloke on current form.

Percentage booster coming up.

• Like 2

I could beat Cloke on current form.

Percentage booster coming up.

He kicked 5 this weekend, although against the saints.

prior to that though, yeh he's been poor.

but he's so big n strong.

he's always capable of busting it open.

Funny isn't it?

We were all so hypocritical of Pedersen last year, who would have thought we would be suggesting he was BOG last game?

Kangas would probably be pinching themselves that they decided to trade him away, could use a good KPF since Petrie is going pretty ordinary and Aaron Black isn't having a great season.

Not me at all 'thedeeman'. I've stuck up for him from the start.

Not because I thought he was the next white hope, but because I saw video of his, when we were in the throws of chasing him. & I studied hard for quite some time his head ducking incident.

I realised what he was trying to do at the time, when most others just assumed, then immediately condemned him for cowardice, of which they were wrong.

... so my boys I guess, that I've stuck by when they were on the nose with most here. Mark Jamar, Neville Jetta, Cam Pederson. apologies to Dunn.

Edited by dee-luded

I think Dunn could take Cloke, if he can take Schulz the best running KPF in the league he could beat Cloke, right?

Not me at all 'thedeeman'. I've stuck up for him from the start.

Not because I thought he was the next white hope, but because I saw video of his, when we were in the throws of chasing him. & I studied hard for quite some time his head ducking incident.

I realised what he was trying to do at the time, when most others just assumed, then immediately condemned him for cowardice, of which they were wrong.

... so my boys I guess, that I've stuck by when they were on the nose with most here. Mark Jamar, Neville Jetta, Cam Pederson. apologies to Dunn.

I meant the norm dee-luded, I stuck by him also, my brother gave it to me last year because i said he'll be a star and now i'm the one laughing, i was on Jamar's side for a while but ended up joining the bandwagon and me and my dad always believe in Jetta, and always like dunny, sorry Jamar.

Have you seen the size of him Biff? The only thing you could beat him at is Scrabble, and even Enyaw could do that.

paul callery could beat him pound for pound in his day. Cloke wouldn't survive in the 70's football. just a big sook.

• Like 1

Such a handy player, now that he is in form...playin out of his skin.....every time i see him take one of those brave marks i gasp with glee.

• Like 2

I'll wade in...

I would have to say the transformation of Pedo, Dunn and Jetta is nothing short of extraordinary!!

All credit to the belief Roosy has instilled, and the mentality and presence of mind to know they can be very good AFL footballers

Team effort, well done!!

I think Dunn made the transition last year to a dependable defender and has got better in a better team. Jetta is finally getting an injury free run at it and good luck to him. He has apparently always had a great attitude but has been set back every season by injuries. But Pedo, yes he is a revelation. All power to Roos, he is extracting the most from these former battlers.

• Like 4

Pedersen's transformation wasn't even just between last year and this; he looked hopeless as recently as about round 3. He was working hard by all reports, but just wasn't impacting games and definitely wasn't the dependable one grab player he has become. Now that he's found a bit of belief, he's become a whole different beast.

I wonder how much Dawes' leading by example has made. I had this thought in the game where Dawes and Pedersen both laid a truckload of tackles (vs Adelaide perhaps?), Pedersen seemed to have upped the ante on the pressure stakes once Dawes rejoined the side. That he was able to continue it with Dawes out was a big positive.

• Like 11

Pedersen's transformation wasn't even just between last year and this; he looked hopeless as recently as about round 3. He was working hard by all reports, but just wasn't impacting games and definitely wasn't the dependable one grab player he has become. Now that he's found a bit of belief, he's become a whole different beast.

I wonder how much Dawes' leading by example has made. I had this thought in the game where Dawes and Pedersen both laid a truckload of tackles (vs Adelaide perhaps?), Pedersen seemed to have upped the ante on the pressure stakes once Dawes rejoined the side. That he was able to continue it with Dawes out was a big positive.

Confidence and clear expectations have undoubtedly helped Pederson. He's becoming one of our most important role players. He straightens us up and gives us flexibility as second ruck.

All too true, he is playing well, good on him for proving himself.

And for proving those of us like me who thought he wasn't up to it. Roos just loves the battlers doesn't he.

• Like 1

Funny isn't it?

I think more were hypercritical

I'll wade in...

Team effort, well done!!

and Bail

Happy to eat humble pie on the Pedersen front. It's amazing what a bit of confidence will do!

I think he's relishing smashing into bodies at the moment - and he does it very well!

Seeing some our big blokes crash through and hurt opposition means bruise free football is a thing of the past for MFC. Love watching Dawes tackle, Viney go hard and Pedo throw himself into the contest.

• Like 1

Pedo has improved massively and will be a dangerous 2-3 forward with Hogan.

I think Dawes has had a big impact both on Pedo, but also Watts.

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 2

he is the same person now in a side that is working together. & not against one & all. they're pulling together.

A big difference for a new player entering a club, trying to get some cred & find some foothold to gain some confidence. the old culture has been blown out of the water over the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Roosy has come in just at the right time halfway thru this cultural explosion, right when the repair was needed to reshape things, before they hardened again.

all in all the last 2 seasons will be known as the catalyst of our change, even if the supporters absolutely hated & were in fear of it. a mess was created from the fight, but the fight was needed to crack the egg.

Now something good can be made from it. And Roosy was the perfect choice in my view.

Pederson was Not the amiba people were making him out to be. They were Wrong. And he is now showing what he could always have done in the right sort of environment.

just as Jetta is starting to.

& just as Jamar did, & is doing again now. thats all.

Edited by dee-luded

Seeing some our big blokes crash through and hurt opposition means bruise free football is a thing of the past for MFC. Love watching Dawes tackle, Viney go hard and Pedo throw himself into the contest.

a thing of the past, at the moment! at this point of time, while Roosy is in charge.

but this has happened before. Barassi & Jordan had us going well getting into it & playing good footy; & then finally we were making finals in '87 under Swooper. But it all washed away again somewhere between 2002 - 2005, we started to not chase, tackle, etc as a team...

til finally we had to be publicly called "Bruise Free"... the best thing that could have happened to us.

and here we are now, recovering again from our own,,,,, efforts.

In my 60 years of following this great club I cannot recall any player improving as much as Cam Pedersen has in such a short time.

Loving it.

• Like 6