What do we do with Grimes?

A great bloke and can do things others cant do but unfortunately he's not up to it. His errors have been killing us for years and he's never held accountable. Hopefully Roos has the courage to move him on.

The opposition call him "Captain cant kick"

What do we do with Grimes. Simple. Coach him and improve him - just as we're doing for the other 43 players on the list.

The pack mentality around "Grimes can't play" is seriously misplaced. For those wanting Grimes dropped and traded I'd suggest you rethink your position because it's not going to happen.

• Like 5

A great bloke and can do things others cant do but unfortunately he's not up to it. His errors have been killing us for years and he's never held accountable. Hopefully Roos has the courage to move him on.

Disagree with the first two lines, roll my eyes at the third line and call BS on the last line.

If you think Roos is going to cast aside Grimes at the end of the season you have learnt nothing from the first 10 weeks of the season.

What do we do with Grimes. Simple. Coach him and improve him - just as we're doing for the other 43 players on the list.

The pack mentality around "Grimes can't play" is seriously misplaced. For those wanting Grimes dropped and traded I'd suggest you rethink your position because it's not going to happen.

sorry god

how dare we suggest hes not quite up to scratch

we bow

• Like 1

Scared of an independent view BB?

hardly but you set yours as being the ultimate and mate..youre not

I just hope he proves me and other doubters wrong and leads us to victory with a bigger than Ben Hur performance on Monday.

So that means he will arrogantly dismiss his opponent with a flick of his wrist and refer to him as a 'lightweight'? Plus I didn't know Grimesy was an Andrew Bolt worshiping, right wing nut case.

He can do some pretty amazing spoils, but his kicking leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's just remember how Roos has transformed Pedo in half a season and give him time to transform Grimes. Everyone on the list deserves a chance under his tenure before we turf them aside.

So that means he will arrogantly dismiss his opponent with a flick of his wrist and refer to him as a 'lightweight'? Plus I didn't know Grimesy was an Andrew Bolt worshiping, right wing nut case.

Just because he has a passing resemblance to said Mr Bolt does not mean he is a Neo Fascist. I thought he looked like a KAOS agent.

Edited by america de cali

Just because he has a passing resemblance to said Mr Bolt does not mean he is a Neo Fascist. I thought he looked like a KAOS agent.

No no ADC. If Jack is to put in a Ben Hur style performance, he needs to worship Andrew Bolt.

Plus he won't be able to read Demonland (bites lip) as the real deal has been banned from here or so I believe.

I use both hands to type actually, not like some on here who need one hand to hold something else whilst typing...couldn't resist

Bootsma and Doro don't post here, do they? ....couldn't resist

Yes, he's made the odd howler of a blunder. He's telegraphed a pass for the opposition to intercept and he's executed to a teammate immediately under the pump. Whilst I sometimes question his vision (or peripheral vision in some cases), I expect him to improve his decision making with regards to his disposal under some heat.

For some to question his leadership as captain and his position in the team I find astounding at the present time.

It's simple, sack Grimes, and with the salary cap left over, recruit Bootsma, and give him the captaincy to sweeten the deal, just what we need a booming kick off half back and a proven leader.

Edited by thedeeman

Yes, I love Grimesy's determination and sheer toughness. However, one tends to hold their breath when he is about to dispose of the ball. In direct contrast how many people feel supremely confident that Lynden Dunn will dispose of the ball beautifully. Gee, he's so cool under pressure is Lynden and those long accurate kicks he produces are superb. Maybe he could give Jack some tips.

• Like 1

rpfc, He stated it himself in an interview on sledging. He said that the best sledge he had ever received was from Jack Reiwvolt who called him "Captain cant kick"

Must admit I saw Grimes' interviewed on 360 this week and I fell in love with his attitude. I have always admired his courage and his commitment. He is the best at running fearlessly into whatever may be coming,; I just hope he injures the opposition and not himself or a team mate. I would love nothing more for him than to have the best game of his career on Monday and stick it right up anyone who has ever doubted him (me included). Most of all stick up all the Collingwood flogs out there. Either way I will be there to cheer the boys on. Go Dees!

• Like 1

He will be a worthy contributor over the next few years.

I look forward to future when he is not good enough to get a regular game.

At that point we will know we have truly arrived as a premiership contender.

• Like 1