Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 9

Nasher

Anyone else notice the love going on between Watts and George Stone?

Last 2 wins coming into the change rooms there has been serious affection shown between the two.

Stone hasn't been at the club long, so i think this is great that Watts may have formed a strong bond with one of Roos right hand men.

• Like 4

Anyone else notice the love going on between Watts and George Stone?Last 2 wins coming into the change rooms there has been serious affection shown between the two.Stone hasn't been at the club long, so i think this is great that Watts may have formed a strong bond with one of Roos right hand men.

Toump also seems to be something of a Stone favourite. Appears to be in his ear a lot.

• Like 1

go away.

Song

Sorry I am still here. Not going anywhere soon. Just asking about the the Toumps upside. I qualified my question by saying it is early days but a I am asking for people to inform me where they think he will be able to fulfil the expectations of a number 4. For the record I think he will be a good player but Will he be more? That was my question.

• Like 1

I've noticed a lot of close bonds forming since we started winning. More photos of players hanging out on twitter, some real camaraderie on the field, genuine affection for each other in the changerooms, etc.

It's just that winning culture that breeds confidence in a team environment.

• Like 1

I didn't want to start a new thread on it so I thought I'd mention it here.

Just went onto afl.com.au and watched the AFL's top 10 moments for this round. 3 of them were of the Demon's which I thought was fantastic and a great sign. Small things I know but just thought I'd mention it.

• Like 2

The dark days have ended.

Hallelujah.

It was a period in the 3rd quarter I think, the tigers had the ball and we them under all sorts of pressure and we were laying tackle after tackle which resulted in a turn over.

My Mrs jumped and yelled at the top of her voice " We are no longer P*ssy's"

She couldnt have summed it up any better.

The days of being able to run over us without a fight are over.

Edited by Deano74

i mentioned this earlier but i will go again.

when vince took the ruck in the centre circle,the tiges players were counting how many we had in the centre and got all confused.

another clearance ensured,not sure if it was intentional.

when vince took the ruck in the centre circle,the tiges players were counting how many we had in the centre and got all confused.

I think Jamar was just too exhausted to make it back to the centre for the ball up. But worked well, it also confused a lot of the Tigers supporters. Not the hardest thing to do... Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

I didn't want to start a new thread on it so I thought I'd mention it here.

Just went onto afl.com.au and watched the AFL's top 10 moments for this round. 3 of them were of the Demon's which I thought was fantastic and a great sign. Small things I know but just thought I'd mention it.

Love that Viney's tackle got a mention.

Those two Ballantyne goals though, especially the first - wow!

• Like 1

Love that Viney's tackle got a mention.

Those two Ballantyne goals though, especially the first - wow!

After a chase like that and to be able to jump to tackle like he did is brilliant and I agree, love that it got a mention.

Great goals by Ballantyne, I still want to punch him though

• Like 2

Vince taking the ruck wasn't! Players on the sidelines were going crazy. But Vince did a good job, the ball came down to where our two mids were and then JKH came in (or had come in) and the clearance was ours anyway.

Only issue was how long it took to get the ruck on. Same with how long it took to get JKH on in the 3rd quarter.

Nathan Jones- brilliant brilliant brilliant. The man is a superstar. I keep being in awe of him.

That was a brilliant win when you consider it was all midfield driven against a very strong midfield.

Go Dees!!!

Good to see hes no longer a lone hand and has got better.

He is a serious footballer, he is elite.

Apart from the one obvious screw up, I think Matt Jones played another great game.

Matt Jones is a success story, mature age, 53 in draft.

that is a win.

• Like 2

Dawes has taken his game to a new level since joining us. His fierce bone crunching tackles being one example .

No he hasn't. When fit he was like that at Collingwood too.

• Like 2

Just seen the replay of the last quarter for the first time. I hadn't realised during the game that Vince had contested one center hit out.

At least there is now one thing that I think Sylvia was better than him at.

Matt Jones is a success story, mature age, 53 in draft.

that is a win.

Come on Deano I know he wasn't 18 but surely he wasn't that old!

But yes I like Matt Jones. He's the reason Toumpas and several others and working on their games at Casey. If only he was more reliable by foot and could tackle he'd be a hidden gem of the comp type player.

I think he has rare ability to run to the right spots. He actually reminds me of Dane Swan how he shuffles along to dangerous areas of the ground with a semi bemused look on his face. Swan's always been an average kick as well. So maybe it's building up an inside game and he'll be right to go to another level.

Not sure if mentioned already but since Round 2 our opposition have totaled 70 goals 112 behinds and in that was the Bulldogs' flattering 15.9

That suggests either very good pressure on their shots at goal or coincidentally poor accuracy from all our opponents.

I'd like to think it's the former.

Nice work Roosy

• Like 1

The great thing to me yesterday was that Richmond got within a goal twice in the last quarter and there was no suggestion of going into our shell. Some of the best footy was played while the pressure was on.

Vince was just brilliant in the last quarter (along with Jones N, Watts and Cross).

Not once last year did my wife allow me to invoke the 10 goal rule (leave when that far behind). Not an issue this year (except Eagle game which I didn't see)

I thought the year couldn't get any better than Carlton and Crows away. Now I am dreaming of the QBweekend.

• Like 2

He is shocking! Salem/JKH, Jones/Terlich. He's been a commentator for years, making a gaff once or twice you can let go but he made the mistakes all through the game. Get the record and make sure of the numbers.

What about when Howe took one of his screamers in the defensive goalsquare and he was like 'GRIMES!' I reckon about 98% of the people watching knew instantly that it was jumpin Jeremy, Grimes has never done that in his life

• Like 2