Players to target at the end of the year

Yeah why on earth would the Saints trade off pick 1 to help GWS get Petracca and screw themselves of getting McCartin? They desperately need a KPF to replace Riewoldt.

GWS would need to offer one of their KPFs to sweeten the deal and they'll be reluctant.

Wonder if the saints would be tempted to trade a bloke like Steven for a chance at another top 3 key position player, could end up with mccartin and Wright

Wonder if the saints would be tempted to trade a bloke like Steven for a chance at another top 3 key position player, could end up with mccartin and Wright

I wouldn't have thought so. They need more KPP's, can't argue with that, but you still need to be able to get the ball to them, and Jack Steven is their best midfielder. He might be the only player with real currency but I can't see them trading away their best mid.

Need to see where we end up, before you can really work it all out.

where we end up and what the FA resulting differential pans out to be.

where we end up and what the FA resulting differential pans out to be.

I don't think there will be a differential if we lose Chip.

After what they did to us over Rivers and Moloney, I don't think even we would be stupid enough to put a top 4 pick at risk.

• Like 1

Can only hope we've learnt Red...only hope

Yeah why on earth would the Saints trade off pick 1 to help GWS get Petracca and screw themselves of getting McCartin? They desperately need a KPF to replace Riewoldt.

GWS would need to offer one of their KPFs to sweeten the deal and they'll be reluctant.

Because it could get them Cameron who is a proven KPF rather then having to risk taking an unproven kid from the draft?

Hypothetically, is there any way we can avoid dilluting our FA compo for Frawley if we pick up Malceski? Seems to be a done deal.

Would the Swans offer to trade him for a pick instead? It'd have to be a better pick than whatever FA compensation the AFL would offer them for losing Malceski, but at least we'd end up keeping two picks inside the top 4...

Hypothetically, is there any way we can avoid dilluting our FA compo for Frawley if we pick up Malceski? Seems to be a done deal.

Would the Swans offer to trade him for a pick instead? It'd have to be a better pick than whatever FA compensation the AFL would offer them for losing Malceski, but at least we'd end up keeping two picks inside the top 4...

That would be the plan i'd say mate, i'd say the Swans would be happy with a similar pick of what their compo would be and the salary cap relief

Won't happen with Cameron. Even if it was possible GWS would demand both testicles.

to be totally honest I would give up both picks for Cameron if push comes to shove, Cameron and Hogan is a scary combination for the next 10-12 years and would make us far better right away.

midfield depth needs to be worked on but the quality will greatly improve as the players do

• Like 2

Bit of a loose cannon though but I'd say GWS will be happy to offload him, especially after his stunt earlier in the season.

I guess if Sydney were only getting a band 3 compo for losing Malceski (likely outcome given his age and potentially short contract length, so Sydney would receive a pick after their second rounder, #36 or something), they'd happily pull a sign & trade in exchange for our second rounder (pick 20?). We then keep picks 2&3/3&4 to lure a Cameron type.

Lots of variables at play here though, including Frawley leaving, band 1 compo and Stretch being a third rounder F/S...

Edited by Lamashtu

IF we finish 16th (likely) and Frawley leaves as a free agent and AFL gives us justice by a 1st round compo pick ...

We get picks 3 and 4

Trade: Trade pick 4 to GWS for Adam Tomlinson and GWS Pick 20. (GWS get pick 2 and 4)

Trade: Trade pick 20 to Swans for Garry Rohan.

Both have showed great ability to add class to back half, but for me, both would be huge wins and fit in our fwd line (alongside Dawes & Hogan).

Keep 3 for Petracca or Brayshaw.

• Like 2

I'd still be offering a third rounder. He's not playing AFL, so I think that lowers his trade value, despite the all star team he's trying to break into.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.