• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Players to target at the end of the year

Whats the difference? Obviously he was fine to play otherwise he wouldnt have been named.

The difference between being dropped and having knee surgery - one of them means that you can play in the seconds and the other means a bloke in white cuts into your knee with a sharp knife and usually means you cant play in the seconds unless they allow crutches on the field.

Edit - I think his output will be diminished - on second thoughts - not sure it really will.

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 2

GWS mysteriously dropped Scully for this week. Cameron gone for surgery to.

The Tank is definitely on

I reckon Cameron's signed somewhere else. So it might not be the tank in his case.

Hey lads, I've stuck with the dees all my life (only 18 years but still...) and have been copping [censored] left right and centre for the past 8 years from my mates so its so refreshing that I found this website where there are actually so many other real Melbourne Demons supporters. Anyways, I listened to an interview from Dunn recently and from memory, he said that he's (not necessarily the club) interested in us finding more forwards as opposed to midfielders. From a leader, who probably knows a hell of a lot more than we do, this seems pretty interesting (despite what Roos has said in the past). So potentialy, there could be a lot more Legitimacy in the claims that we are interested in Cameron than you think. Indeed exciting times ahead for the Dees nonethless!!!!

• Like 3

Hey lads, I've stuck with the dees all my life (only 18 years but still...) and have been copping [censored] left right and centre for the past 8 years from my mates so its so refreshing that I found this website where there are actually so many other real Melbourne Demons supporters. Anyways, I listened to an interview from Dunn recently and from memory, he said that he's (not necessarily the club) interested in us finding more forwards as opposed to midfielders. From a leader, who probably knows a hell of a lot more than we do, this seems pretty interesting (despite what Roos has said in the past). So potentialy, there could be a lot more Legitimacy in the claims that we are interested in Cameron than you think. Indeed exciting times ahead for the Dees nonethless!!!!

I am only 18 myself too, welcome to DLand. Pretty sure that interview was this week? If it's the one I'm thinking of then yes he said basically we need another big key forward, to go alongside Dawes and Hogan, he mentioned Tex Walker and Josh Kennedy, even said that we'd offer Buddy 15 years. While he's obviously taking the p!ss about Buddy, we do still need another key forward. Wether it's Tex or Cameron, who knows. But that doesn't mean we won't go hard for mids either, mids win games and ultimately finals. Swans won without Tippett/Buddy, they won the flag because of their dominant midfield. We'll be targeting a ruckman for when Jamar slows down/finishes, a key forward, and mids mids mids. Just can't focus on getting a big key forward thinking they'll win us games, we need a good delivery to the forwards so they can kick goals, that's where having a dominant midfield helps.

• Like 1

Thanks mate :D I definitely agree. If you look at the recent premiership teams e.g Geelong (when Hawkins was inconsistent), Sydney, Collingwood, even West Coast, none of them were really profoundly dependent on their key fowards. I think it's because in today's game, midfielders are required to play a lot more in the foward line and the defence as opposed to solely midfield. Although, I have a lot more faith in our midfielders than the conventional Demon supporter (dont blame you), its for this reason I would be happy if we just took Petracca and Brayshaw in the draft. Nonethless, I genuinely mean this when I say it; there is a lot of exciting times ahead for us Demon supporters (fair dinkum, I've never really felt this way, even in 2006 or 2011 etc). I feel like for the first time there is some direction for this club which has completely reignited my passion for footy. Who knows, we might win a flag a lot sooner than you guys think!

Edited by Moneider96

I am only 18 myself too, welcome to DLand. Pretty sure that interview was this week? If it's the one I'm thinking of then yes he said basically we need another big key forward, to go alongside Dawes and Hogan, he mentioned Tex Walker and Josh Kennedy, even said that we'd offer Buddy 15 years. While he's obviously taking the [censored] about Buddy, we do still need another key forward. Wether it's Tex or Cameron, who knows. But that doesn't mean we won't go hard for mids either, mids win games and ultimately finals. Swans won without Tippett/Buddy, they won the flag because of their dominant midfield. We'll be targeting a ruckman for when Jamar slows down/finishes, a key forward, and mids mids mids. Just can't focus on getting a big key forward thinking they'll win us games, we need a good delivery to the forwards so they can kick goals, that's where having a dominant midfield helps.

Thanks guys for making me feel old :)

• Like 1

dream offseason

PP1 & 2- trade to GWS for Jeremy Cameron and Dylan Shiel

3- trade to GCS for picks 10, 15

10 - Liam Duggan

15, 21 to the Swans Tom Mitchell & Nick Malceski

39- Billy Stretch

2015 - Garland Dunn Jetta

Malceski Mcdonald Vince

Grimes Shiel Mitchell

Watts Hogan Howe

Cameron Dawes JKH

Jamar N.Jones Tyson

Int : Trengove Cross Viney

What no Toump? No Vince?

What no Toump? No Vince?

There was only three nominated by SPR for the interchange so at least one might get a game (as the sub).

Not sure how that works - he's not a FA.

Touche. Let's change that to a trade has been agreed. ie. GWS have said we won't stop you, as long as we get what we want from your team of choice.

2015 - Garland Dunn Jetta

Malceski Mcdonald Vince

Grimes Shiel Mitchell

Watts Hogan Howe

Cameron Dawes JKH

Jamar N.Jones Tyson

I'd love this team. Replace Grimes with Salem or Kent and it's pretty much finals worthy, if everything goes right. We're still gonna struggle for depth though next year. That's why everything has to go right injury-wise, even with a best case scenario trade/draft period.

Edited by AdamFarr

I had been hoping like hope that we can somehow snag Dylan Shiel over the summer. Watching the first half today (perhaps for the first time without rose coloured glasses) I have seen some deficiencies in his game I hadn't really noticed before. His kicking and decision making has not been good today. He also seemed to lack footy smarts if his first option is not achievable. haven't seen a lot of 2nd efforts either. I don't want to be harsh on him as it's just a half of footy but Is this just today or is this a regular thing. Anyone know his game intimately enough to provide feedback?

• Like 1

Great opportunity to grab a young star.

Watched Jordan Schroeder today for Geelongs VFL Team today. He smashed the Dolphins with 30+ possessions and at about 100% efficiency... none were wasted. 15 Clearances. Good burst of pace. Too good for VFL. He has some injuries but I see a bright future. Offer 3 years and $200,000/yr contract. This kid won the Liston last year as a 20 year old.

• Like 5