Jesse Hogan Injury Update?

dazzledavey36

He's home for a few weeks to relax his back of any stress, then they'll ease him back into it. I'm sure they're hopeful he might get up around round 20 and squeeze in 3 or 4 matches this year, but I doubt it'll be any earlier.

• Like 1

Off the foxsports website:

Dom Barry (calf) test

Jesse Hogan (back) 4 weeks

Dean Kent (calf) 1 week

Viv Michie (jaw) 2 weeks

Luke Tapscott (hamstring) available

Jack Trengove (foot) season

Dean Terlich (concussion) TBC

4 weeks? Where did they get that from? That's a lot shorter than the 'indefinite' we had last week!

Looks like they cut and pasted that injury list from late April.

And to negotiate with freo!

That would be funny if you weren't tapping into decades worth of Demons fans' punished psyche over retention of very good players.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 3

That would be funny if you weren't tapping into decades worth of Demons fans' punished psyche over retention of very good players.

Sorry rpfc couldn't help myself.

I'm not as worried about Jesse taking off to freo as others on here, as i have said a couple of times, my best mate is good friends with Jesse and she doesn't think he is going anywhere, reckons he loves Melbourne the city, is a huge fan of Roosy, and is just desperate to be out there being part of our rise back to relevance.

Having said that even if he does decide he wants to go, we will just demand a stupid deal or PSD

righto, he's yours, give us Fyfe and we will pack his bags for him.

• Like 1

Word I am hearing from within the club is that the expectation is that Hogan is gone for the season. Anything better would be unexpected and a bonus. The only cure for his injury is rest, and no one knows how much rest is required so as there is no relapse. However, the medical advice is that given enough rest, he will make a full recovery.

MFCs main concern is keeping Hogan beyond the end of next season. Footy department doing everything they can, however, my reading of it is that footy department think he is more likely to leave than stay. My view is our only hope is if this group can quickly improve on-field....... make the future look exciting.

When you look at Freo, they have a massive issue coming in the tall forward department, their current tall forwards are in their twilight. Hogan would be a godsend for them, a massive back ended contract with the big coin kicking in after Pavs retirement is coming. Mark that down as a certainty. You could just imagine Hogan salivating at the prospect of playing one season next to his childhood hero before taking over from him at home, in front of his family and friends and for the club he grew up loving.

I think we are in deep trouble on re Hogan.

Edited by Grand New Flag
  • Like 2

Word I am hearing from within the club is that the expectation is that Hogan is gone for the season. Anything better would be unexpected and a bonus. The only cure for his injury is rest, and no one knows how much rest is required so as there is no relapse. However, the medical advice is that given enough rest, he will make a full recovery.

MFCs main concern is keeping Hogan beyond the end of next season. Footy department doing everything they can, however, my reading of it is that footy department think he is far more likely to leave than stay. My view is our only hope is if this group can quickly improve on-field....... make the future look exciting.

When you look at Freo, they have a massive issue coming in the tall forward department, their current tall forwards are in their twilight. Hogan would be a godsend for them, a back massive back ended contract with the big coin kicking in after Pavs retirement is coming. Mark that down as a certainty. You could just imagine Hogan salivating at the prospect of playing one season next to his childhood hero before taking over from him at home, in front of his family and friends and for the club he grew up loving.

Awesome, well if true they will need to throw the kitchen sink at us to get a trade done.

• Like 4

MFCs main concern is keeping Hogan beyond the end of next season. Footy department doing everything they can, however, my reading of it is that footy department think he is more likely to leave than stay. My view is our only hope is if this group can quickly improve on-field....... make the future look exciting.

When you look at Freo, they have a massive issue coming in the tall forward department, their current tall forwards are in their twilight. Hogan would be a godsend for them, a back massive back ended contract with the big coin kicking in after Pavs retirement is coming. Mark that down as a certainty. You could just imagine Hogan salivating at the prospect of playing one season next to his childhood hero before taking over from him at home, in front of his family and friends and for the club he grew up loving.

Yay. I've been absolutely *itching* for another round of this.

I believe in Jesse.

• Like 3

Word I am hearing from within the club is that the expectation is that Hogan is gone for the season. Anything better would be a unexpected and bonus. The only cure for his injury is rest, and no one knows how much is required so as there is no relapse. However, the medical advice is that given enough rest, he will make a full recovery.

When you look at Freo, they have a massive issue coming in the tall forward department, there current tall forwards are in their twilight. Hogan would be a godsend for them, a back massive back ended contract with the big coin kicking in after Pavs retirement is coming. Mark that down as a certainty. You could just imagine Hogan salivating at the prospect of playing one season next to his childhood hero before taking over from him at home, in front of his family and friends and for the club he grew up loving.

If that's the case, then I am wondering if his back issue has affected his value to a point where Fremantle can make demands where the ball is in their court and Hogan can play the "I'll go into the Pre-Season Draft Card" so we are then forced to agree on a deal where we see us getting ripped off?

Does the fact that Hogan winning Caseys best & fairest in his first year as a young player & his no doubt potential and on-field aggression be enough for us to walk away with a win-win if Hogan did demand a trade back to his home state?

If that's the case, then I am wondering if his back issue has affected his value to a point where Fremantle can make demands where the ball is in their court and Hogan can play the "I'll go into the Pre-Season Draft Card" so we are then forced to agree on a deal where we see us getting ripped off?

Does the fact that Hogan winning Caseys best & fairest in his first year as a young player & his no doubt potential and on-field aggression be enough for us to walk away with a win-win if Hogan did demand a trade back to his home state?

He won't do it, because there is no way Stkilda, Brisbane, the doggies or us won't pick him in the PSD

if he decides to leave he has huge currency, we will ask alot to get this deal done if it comes to that.

• Like 1

When you look at Freo, they have a massive issue coming in the tall forward department, their current tall forwards are in their twilight. Hogan would be a godsend for them, a massive back ended contract with the big coin kicking in after Pavs retirement is coming. Mark that down as a certainty. You could just imagine Hogan salivating at the prospect of playing one season next to his childhood hero before taking over from him at home, in front of his family and friends and for the club he grew up loving.

He's not a FA.

We won't let him walk.

If he was to go, Freo would have to pay through the nose to get him.

• Like 2

I think it's pretty simple.

If he gets fit again, and starts playing, pretty quickly he'll feel a part of it again and sign on.

If he doesn't... We'll be asking a lot for him to let him leave, and what exactly would be losing?

A kid who watches the others train?

Edited by Machsy

Let's get him on the park first, playing with the big boys.

See what his real currency is. A back injury may shorten his career drastically as it did with Allen Jakavich.

2-3 seasons maybe enough to fight for.

If we lose him we must gain the other way.

Grand new flag was spot on and provided great insight during the roosy saga, his info is very reliable

• Like 2

He is out for 2014 IMO

We have him for 2015 IMO two things are likely

- his back comes good and he plays well and lives up to the promise showed so far. In this case his worth is high if he does not want to stay then drive a hard bargain in a trade

- his back does not come good. Then he will have been a bust selection, tough but it does happen.

Either way they are all in some distant point in the future that will do nothing for the MFC in 2014.

I honestly cannot be bother worrying about him this year.

Dunn is a more pressing problem.

We need to re sign him sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Grand new flag was spot on and provided great insight during the roosy saga, his info is very reliable

I may be wrong and I can't point out specific instances, but as I recall it, GNF has been off the mark a few times.