Frankston v Casey Scorpions

Whispering_Jack

obviously Garland is a no brainer... straight in for Georgio....

Georgio stays, just gets a more suitable opponent.

Don't want to be negative nelly but the proliferation of VFL teams (new Rich, WB and stand alone equivalents) has almost certainly weakened the comp. It should theoretically make the gap even bigger between AFL and VFL.

That said Salem playing well is great to here. Bit sick of hearing about Kelly, Aish, Bontempelli, Billings etc.

Just like adding GC and GWS has done to the AFL

• Like 1

Georgio stays, just gets a more suitable opponent.

He just doesn't have the versatility that was necessary today. When he got caught on a small he looked out of pace and very very poor defensively. Garland, frawley, t-mac and Dunn all can play on a small forward if that happens in transition and I don't think georgiou can

obviously Garland is a no brainer... straight in for Georgio....

Staggers me that people are calling for Georgiou's scalp after one bad game. Bean has been very good this year and used the ball well, one bad game and we drop him. Harsh on a player who has shown more in his first five games of footy than pretty much anyone else on our list

• Like 9

Staggers me that people are calling for Georgiou's scalp after one bad game. Bean has been very good this year and used the ball well, one bad game and we drop him. Harsh on a player who has shown more in his first five games of footy than pretty much anyone else on our list

Tend to agree. He looked out of his depth today, but he is batting ay 4 and 1, or 3 and 2 at worse. Better than most.

I think he has been great for us but surely you wouldnt prefer Georgio over Garland? Who would you drop instead?

Roos is well known for allowing players to develop at 2nds level to what he requires of them before allowing them to play 1's. In saying that we have weaker list than the Swans lists he had so we might see Salem sooner, but let him have some time to develop before putting him on a pedestal.

yet JKH has played the first 5 games and by all accounts been far from WOG.

How do we accommodate Garland then? Play him forward? Play Dunn forward? If we do either of those, who moves out of the forward line?

I'm a big Georgiou fan but if Garland is ready to come back I see him as a strong candidate to make way.

JKH bought himself game time because of his stellar NAB cup performance against Richmond. Don't get a debut much better than that.

His training habits are also exceptional and he's shown good form so far.

And our only other small forward option is Shannon Byrnes. I'd rather play JKH

• Like 3

Would love to see Georgiou stay in. Seems selfless to me and a great structure player. Garland comes in next week for me but if we could look at swinging Dunn from forward to back until Hogans ready I'd want Georgiou in. Not sure how the bench works at AFL level but if he could start there and then go on depending on where we need Dunn and the size of the opposition forward line/match ups etc that would be ideal. I'm backing blokes who can play a role at the moment even if they get beaten occasionally.

How do we accommodate Garland then? Play him forward? Play Dunn forward? If we do either of those, who moves out of the forward line?

I'm a big Georgiou fan but if Garland is ready to come back I see him as a strong candidate to make way.

To me Georgiou stays in with Garland and Dunn moves up field to the wing or half forward, but can come back if required. Alex is a real goer I reckon. He stays.

This team is losing it around the mid field, not at the book ends. We have some real goers down back and some talent up forward but around the ground, as usual we struggle. Where do we get some leg speed is my concern.

I would say that there will be four or five changes from our current squad that will take shape over the next 2-4 weeks with Jamar, Garland, probably Clisby, Strauss and possibly Salem to be worked into the side.

I think Roos will want to keep looking at the personnel and develop thier roles.

Edited by jabberwocky

Clisby McDonald Dunn

Georgiou Garland Grimes

Viney Tyson Vince

Salem Frawley Bail

JKH Dawes Howe

Rucks: Jamar Jones Cross

INT: from Jones Strauss Toumpas Pedersen Evans Kent

emerg: Watts Terlich Jetta

There is sufficient versatility in the back half with Dunn, Garland and Clisby all able to play different roles, and if the opposition has a gorilla forward that causes trouble then Frawley goes back and Garland or Dunn forward.

I

Edited by jabberwocky

There's a clear upswing of potential with JKH. We might only see flashes of it this year, but in 2 or 3 years I could easily see him as one of our best, game savvy players.

Byrnes is toast.

Loved when JKH won a contested ball in center, got it forward and the the crowd got behind him. Dawesy missed the snap unfortunately. Early stages for the youngster but a real competitor and wants to win

• Like 2

Loved when JKH won a contested ball in center, got it forward and the the crowd got behind him. Dawesy missed the snap unfortunately. Early stages for the youngster but a real competitor and wants to win

Absolutely loved that bit of play. Took the hit on the back fifty, jumped straight up and won the footy which he got forward to Dawes (who should have kicked the goal!). Terrific stuff.

To me he is the sort of kid who will get better and better each week as his confidence and self belief grows.

• Like 1

Answered as you were typing

So you'd play Garland in Terlich's role, as a small? Or Jetta's (whatever that was today)?

If he plays small, would there be match fitness concerns? He's done it before, so that could definitely work (and I'd take Garland over Terlich any day of the week whilst Terlich continues to be disastrous with the ball).