• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Neville Jetta Elevated

Scipio

Nothing.

In my opinion, as a poster on this forum, sharing in a footy debate, I don't reckon he's good enough for AFL footy.

That may well be the case, I guess we will have more idea tomorrow afternoon if he has improved enough. This is also a statement from Roos to the rest of the players that you need to perform at consistent level at Casey if you want to get a run in the firsts. Jetta deserves his chance after multiple good performances at Casey.

• Like 1

Neville Jetta is one of the better tacklers in our squad and he goes in hard to contests. He has more ability than some of the other players on the main list. He definitely deserves his upgrade.

• Like 1

Dumping all over him? Quit the hyperbole.

Too slow for AFL footy.....watch the game. How many slow, 5'10" players get a game for other clubs?

He's a good Casey player.

Yes. "Too slow", "a good Casey player" "lucky to be on AFL list"...how is that NOT dumping on him? And your timing in doing so is poor.

Everyone is aware he has limitations, you're not splitting the atom there. You've been told that his fitness, physique and overall game has improved this year. You disregard that and make ten more posts about how ordinary he is.

Many on this list deserve, and in Jetta's chance earned, another chance under Roos. You could at least wait untilhes played A game under Roos before casting him out.

• Like 2

Dumping all over him? Quit the hyperbole.

Too slow for AFL footy.....watch the game. How many slow, 5'10" players get a game for other clubs?

He's a good Casey player.

For what it's worth it's not the content of your posts in this thread that I object to, it's the timing. We all know Nev's limited, but surely he's just as worthy of some of the benefit of the doubt we've afforded all the other players who have been on our list for the last few years.

• Like 3

For what it's worth it's not the content of your posts in this thread that I object to, it's the timing. We all know Nev's limited, but surely he's just as worthy of some of the benefit of the doubt we've afforded all the other players who have been on our list for the last few years.

Imagine if we only played the hard, highly skilled, quick and agile players on our list.

How much better would we be?

• Like 1

Imagine if we only played the hard, highly skilled, quick and agile players on our list.

How much better would we be?

Hehe. Yes, it seems for all most of our players it's a case of "hard, skilled, quick. Pick which two."

• Like 1

Nothing.

In my opinion, as a poster on this forum, sharing in a footy debate, I don't reckon he's good enough for AFL footy.

this is the whole point. people are allowed opinions in a democracy.

so why do others take offence with someones opinion which isn't posted to offend? then they come back with a personal attack? they don't believe in democracy, & free speech?

just move on to the next post if you disagree. or post a reasonable response as to why they think different.

I guess we will find out throughout the year who is, and isn't, up to the standard.

I don't know why we aggressively talk our players down though.

They may not be world beaters but we can use some role players and maybe Neville is one...

aggressively talk our players down????

... or a response to generations of failed football decisions by the club, that may have instilled this attitude amongst us, to try to do the football club administrators/staffs job for them?

Edited by dee-luded

aggressively talk our players down????

... or a response to generations of failed football decisions by the club, that may have instilled this attitude amongst us, to try to do the football club administrators/staffs job for them?

can we do both.....pretty please?

Along with jetta, it would still be nice to have bennell and petered, bloody neeld.

Can only fit so many on a list though.

It may have meant not having Michie or Riley.

I know who I'd prefer at this stage.

Perhaps we talk them down because we've suffered a decade of trauma following the MFC.

Now making excuses for some fairly average posts...

Neville is a bloke who has not really been allowed to settle. He may be limited but there are an awful lot of players who are limited but have carved out a career.

The timing? When would you look me to have a say.....at your bequest?

Yes. "Too slow", "a good Casey player" "lucky to be on AFL list"...how is that NOT dumping on him? And your timing in doing so is poor.

Everyone is aware he has limitations, you're not splitting the atom there. You've been told that his fitness, physique and overall game has improved this year. You disregard that and make ten more posts about how ordinary he is.

Many on this list deserve, and in Jetta's chance earned, another chance under Roos. You could at least wait untilhes played A game under Roos before casting him out.

Again with the timing.....he just got selected.

I don't think he's an AFL standard player.

It's an opinion. Critical feedback as I see it.

Deal with it.

• Like 2

Deal with it.

His; Nev's past seasons weren't what we were looking for.... what the 2014 Jetta brings with him from the Roos gamestyle, is yet to be witnessed.

I've never understood what he offered on the field, thought to delist him at the end of the year was a great idea.

Was mystified to see him get rookied as I thought it would be better to rookie a duck as if would offer as much.

Having said that, I will watch with interest to see if Roos can get something out of him.

Would love to be proven wrong, but think I'll sit there tomorrow saying "why?"

• Like 2

I thought last year Jetta was really good before getting suspended. After his ban was over, that rocket scientist Mark Neeld let him waste away in the seconds for the rest of the year. Stick it up 'em, Jets!

This is exactly what I was about to post (minus the Neeld reference). I thought he was doing OK til he got rubbed out and never got back into the side. Interested to see how he goes with Roos giving him a defined role to play.

I thought last year Jetta was really good before getting suspended. After his ban was over, that rocket scientist Mark Neeld let him waste away in the seconds for the rest of the year. Stick it up 'em, Jets!

By the time Jetta's suspension was over it wasn't long until Neeld's coaching was too. Craigy didn't seem that keen to play him either although did get him in at the end of the year.

I'm hoping Jetta plays well and offers something.

Hopefully he's better than cousin Leroy who seems to come in to Essendon's team usually when they start losing as case in point that last two weeks.

Deal with it.

lol..like your "critical feedback" is so in depth.

Maybe you should pass on your "critical feedback" to Roosy. "Not good enough" should cover it.

You haven't even suggested an alternative course of action to elevating him. What would that be, by the way?

When a player gets given a new lease with a rookie elevation, and you go on a numerous page rant about how ordinary that player is before he's even played a game, you should expect to be called on it.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 2

No one is saying he's a future star, but he deserves his shot given his form and the fact he's had a good run at preseason.

You probably would have cut Jobe Watson too... Some players take a while to reach full potential, but as Melbourne supporters we don't always understand that.

I would much rather Jetta than a Terlich, Strauss, Nicholson or Clisby - even Matt Jones. I just think there is a hardness about him which the others lack and we desperately need, particularly with defenders. I also think he is a cut above that lot in speed, endurance and ball skills. I have always thought he was of higher potential than many middle ranking players on our list. Now I guess he has the opportunity to prove it to us. I hope he plays plenty of minutes today and shows everyone how it's done. We could do with a bonus hard running back.

• Like 3