Open letter - Peter Jackson

umm isn't that what PJ exactly is? Farrrrkk, we've all been praising him for all of these things since he joined us!

Hmmn exactly, a good start from PJ, but he should remember to stay this course. thats what I said.

no more sweet talk. just brutal honesty for the supporters/members... so we can all start to believe in the words emanating from this club again.

one season opener letter isn't enough to do it TSFKA... we need a few years of brutal no hints language; the sort we might have heard back in the 50's & 60's......

• Like 2

Hmmn exactly, a good start from PJ, but he should remember to stay this course. thats what I said.

no more sweet talk. just brutal honesty for the supporters/members... so we can all start to believe in the words emanating from this club again.

one season opener letter isn't enough to do it TSFKA... we need a few years of brutal no hints language; the sort we might have heard back in the 50's & 60's......

aint no sweet talk in that letter.

Quite factual actually.

Unfortunately i was born in 86', so the only Melbourne i know is generally an insipid one.

I crave all the things PJ is that some are slightly suggesting he isn't due to one letter. But i do agree, it will take years of this not just months.

and THATS how culture is built, through years not flashes in pans.

Unfortunately i was born in 86', so the only Melbourne i know is generally an insipid one.

I crave all the things PJ is that some are slightly suggesting he isn't due to one letter. But i do agree, it will take years of this not just months.

and THATS how culture is built, through years not flashes in pans.

Born in 86 u lucky bugger!!

In related news, Melbourne wins the 2014 premiership, and Demons fans complain about not being able to get Grand Final tickets, the price of the commemorative framed photo being too dear, Dan Nicholson winning the Norm Smith, and WEG not being available to design the premiership poster.

• Like 1

well apparently he receive a letter from a member which made him write the letter, not sure what the member said to him.

Sounds like someone took him to task over using the term 'breaching your trust'. It can be seen as a strange term and people could be offended about Jackson walking in to the club and talking about what happened in the past etc.

But overall I agree with the sentiment that the club has been miles off when it came to delivering on it's basic duties the main one being winning football games. Of course true supporters will buy memberships regardless but it's a contract and we pay our money and the club delivers entertainment, enjoyment, fulfillment etc.

This letter was Jackson acknowledging they've been light on in delivering their end of the deal but also saying we should back them in and we will hopefully see signs of progress.

song, tell PJ... No more Spin, we want the honesty that Roosy is famous for, & Jimma had.

No more spin doctors from the advertising, or media backgrounds.

Just Honest, Straight talk.... no filler, no fluff, straight down the line honesty, like a Matty Whelan Bump!

Hey Deeluded,

Why do your posts constantly look like a terrorist's/kidnapper's ransom letter? You know? Like the one's where they cut different letters out of magazines to ensure that you can't identify their handwriting?

Anyone who has a go at peter Jackson's comments here should be barred from demonland. This bloke is working around the clock to prevent us from being the "next" fitzroy. 12,000 members not resigning is massive. If you include those that have an affiliation with the mcc that don't get around to nominating Melbourne as their club of choice then we could possibly reach 50,000 members. Considering hawthorn who was in a similar position to us many, many years ago are almost cruising to the70,000 mark, it is no coincidence that their success comes on the back of high membership numbers (plus the fact they got their coaches right earlier then us). You can't disagree with anything Jackson has said here. If people are struggling with the idea of membership this year because they want to see how the club goes, ask any past fitzroy fan if they'd like to renew their membership.

Jackson and Roos are about the only thing Demonland's all appear to agree on - that these two are doing great work.

We are lucky we have PJ, he is the great white hope, without PJ, we'd be screwed.

Yeah, we've been dreadful for too long, often a club divided and aimless and you can understand people turning off. That type might come back if we look half likely of winning on a regular basis but I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. I believe you don't need to be asked to make a commitment to your club. It should come naturally.

Unfortunately, if you wait for members to arrive these days, you're going to struggle for numbers. Well done PJ for at least trying.

• Like 1

Yeah, we've been dreadful for too long, often a club divided and aimless and you can understand people turning off. That type might come back if we look half likely of winning on a regular basis but I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. I believe you don't need to be asked to make a commitment to your club. It should come naturally.

Unfortunately, if you wait for members to arrive these days, you're going to struggle for numbers. Well done PJ for at least trying.

Maybe the tighter financial times the last few years than a decade ago made people consider their spending. But I like PJ's idea of getting people to come to games and then buy a membership. If it works it means they contribute money through the gate and then pay their membership, club ends up winning twice! Although they'd trade all that for 40,000 signed up already so they had the cash in the bank.

PJ's letter is in response to two things.

One is the new privacy laws that have just come into law. Hence the open letter to those members who have not resigned. The second being a letter he received from an individual who had been a long term supporter but last year gave up his membership due to the frustration of being a Melbourne supporter. He wrote to PJ saying that Peter with the changes to the Administration and his being able to entice Roos to the Club had given him hope whereas in the previous year he had lost hope.

If you think that it is just spin Peter saying to write to him, it is not spin. He does try and respond.

• Like 1

Hey Deeluded,

Why do your posts constantly look like a terrorist's/kidnapper's ransom letter? You know? Like the one's where they cut different letters out of magazines to ensure that you can't identify their handwriting?

too, over emphasised for ya, cbf

I don't trust people to get the theme in the message, just as gone by the wayside in this one as well. 'miss the point'. so its still not working, is it.

your missing my point WYL... I'm saying, to make sure it continues; that the straight talk doesn't 'END', with this open letter.

may it continue.

who says it's going to end?

PJ is not a spin doctor like his predecessor.

That is the point that you may have missed.

who says it's going to end?

PJ is not a spin doctor like his predecessor.

That is the point that you may have missed.

No one, has said it was going to end.

but going on past episodes at Mfc, the spin & pretence has taken priority over honesty.. this should stop so that status-pretence is paled by honesty.

Edited by dee-luded

The CEO writes an open letter to encourage lapsed members to re-join; sounds like a good idea to me.

Demonlanders looking for some sort of spin in the letter; seems like usual practice to me.

We are going to need every member to sign up so we can pay 100% of the salary cap, that way we can sign up better players and keep those we need to, Frawley for instance. I'm at a loss as to what some on here expected him to say, "don't any of you sign up until we've won 5 straight", would that be more acceptable.

I don't think PJ is a spin merchant, I find him a dispassionate CEO who is doing his job, which it to resurrect the club and so far he's put a lot of building blocks in place. If you were there last night and you spoke to the players you would understand just how happy they are that Roos and PJ are there and just how aware they are that the rest is up to them.

The club have put in place the best possible off field team and it's now up to the players to complete the second half of the deal.

• Like 3

No one, has said it was going to end.

but going on past episodes at Mfc, the spin & pretence has taken priority over honesty.. this should stop so that status-pretence is paled by honesty.

it has stopped.

That is the fcuking point DL

Back to your meds. There's a good boy.