New sponsor - China Southern Airlines

old dee

China Southern Partner Airlines. Definitely no Malaysia Airlines, but the names don't roll of the tongue as reputable airlines.

Don't mention Air France and KLM, bad experiences with both.

you lost me at Aeroflot....

• Like 2

I was told we were after China Southern at least 4 years ago and i thought it was a lost cause; well done.

At an AGM four years ago CS said it was a few weeks away. Longest few weeks in history Robbie.

Does this mean we are playing games in China again?

LV will be happy he does not have to go.

Perhaps "weeks" and "years" are interchangeable at MFC. Which makes those "4 to 6" injury reports even more concerning.

MFC are the cutting the edge, China is the future.

MFC have had good ties with China, hopefully we see a future playing games there.

No doubt PJ is all over new ways to boast our membership.

Things like this could see us become that next big club..

The oldest club in the game could soon become the newest upstart.

Go Dees.

If we do play games there I'd have no problem flying China Southern it's some of the partner airlines I'd have an issue with.

Could be a good chance to watch a game and have a little holiday as well. Never been to China but I was watching a cooking show recently that went through the provinces and it didn't look too bad.

If we do play games there I'd have no problem flying China Southern it's some of the partner airlines I'd have an issue with.

Could be a good chance to watch a game and have a little holiday as well. Never been to China but I was watching a cooking show recently that went through the provinces and it didn't look too bad.

It's a great place... go to places like Sichuan ,Yunan, Guanxi provinces and you will see some of the most stunning country anywhere on the planet... check out a series available on DVD called Wild China. It's one place I am happy to keep returning to.

Wouldn't fly on many of those airlines; Ive flown Air France and they're ok but Alitalia were bloody awful.

The rest apart from KLM, Delta and Korea, I doubt I'd be happy flying with.

I have flown Aeroflot, Finnair, Sabena, Thai, Malaysian, Qantas, Singapore, British Airways, KLM, Aerlingus, Ryanair, Airasia & Emirates

By the length of the straight KLM is the worst airline I have ever flown with

I have flown Aeroflot, Finnair, Sabena, Thai, Malaysian, Qantas, Singapore, British Airways, KLM, Aerlingus, Ryanair, Airasia & Emirates

There is a couple of very ordinary ones in that lot PSD

Even worse than Aeroflot and Ryanair?

They must be bad.

I've flown all those without a line through them and haven't flown KLM but some people have told me they aren't too bad.

Singapore were as good as any and Qantas good as well.

qantas isnt a patch on what it USED to be but is an OK airline..Singapore runs circles around them Id say though. Malaysian was ..ok emirates...a tad disappointing in a way , not sure why thought theyd be like singpaore. Thai I like BririshAirways...ho hum Air Asia..bit like Jetstar... a little better though i thought.

It often just comes down to which crew and how many screaming kids !!

• Like 2

One thing is for certain... regardless of them being our new sponsor, there is absolutely no way known that I will ever fly with those a-holes ever again after my experience with them when I took my son to the US... three of four flights were delayed, with the only on-time leg being the return from Guangzhou to Sydney. On teh way, the flight left Sydney 2 hours late, the leg from Guangzhou to L.A was cancelled and the counter staff literally ran off leaving us to fend for ourselves and the leg from L.A back to Guangzhou was roughly 4 hours late. After repeated contact with the airline, they refused to take any responsibility or accountability. They are the absolute pits!

Sydney to LA via Guangzhou - OK.

qantas isnt a patch on what it USED to be but is an OK airline..Singapore runs circles around them Id say though. Malaysian was ..ok emirates...a tad disappointing in a way , not sure why thought theyd be like singpaore. Thai I like BririshAirways...ho hum Air Asia..bit like Jetstar... a little better though i thought.

It often just comes down to which crew and how many screaming kids !!

Agree bb

e.g I have flown on United a number of times, once did a Melb - Auckland - LA flight.

The crew on the first leg were terrible honestly the worst I have ever had the privilege of flying with.

I thought "this is going to be a very long flight".

At Auckland we got new crew.

The exact opposite, right up there with the best.

There is a couple of very ordinary ones in that lot PSD

Even worse than Aeroflot and Ryanair?

They must be bad.

Yep old dee you get what you pay for with Ryanair and Aeroflot and you don't get what you pay for with KLM.

Dutch arrogance at it's finest

Yep old dee you get what you pay for with Ryanair and Aeroflot and you don't get what you pay for with KLM.

Dutch arrogance at it's finest

Did you hear PSD that the population of the Netherlands doubled in August 1945!

• Like 1

I had a flight delayed on Olympic airlines on my way to the Greek islands while we waited for the pilots sexy girlfriend to jump on half an hour later.the technical difficulties were then resolved and we all smoked while we waited so no harm done.

Edited by Biffen

Well done to the club on getting another sponsor and it's a good to get an international airline as a partner. Although I must admit I haven't heard a great deal of good things about them.

Still welcome to the MFC China Southern!

United's a bus line at best

Years ago we used to fly United to Hawaii, back then they were a really good airline but they just went downhill over time and are the pits now. My son flew to LA with them a couple of years ago and he said the still had the same planes and flight crew they had back in the 80's.

I've flown Emirates a couple of times and they can be really good or really bad; same with most Airlines; flew to Morocco with them and some sections were horrendous.