Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Chip Frawley

Deemotivated

My friend is really good mates with him, she reckons that's just him because i thought the same thing, apparently he loves melbourne and thinks it's alot better than perth, more to do.

The only thing Perth has over Melbourne is its beaches, but he can go over and enjoy those during his summer vacation!

Apparently compo for Frawley will be the pick after our first pick in the national draft, say we finish last, we will get pick 1 and 2. Quality tall forward and gun mid fielder...

If Frawley were to go, i'd be definitely trying to bring in a quality young KPD one way or the other. Now that Mitch has gone, we'll need another KPF.

if frawley wants to go, and we are wooden spooners, and set to receive first round draft pick. good.

we can't make him stay. We can trade that pick for a good player or draft a player.
if we got picks 1 and 2 (compo), and wanted to bing a superstar to the club, using pick 1+2 would prob get the job done for almost any player i would imagine.

it opens up possibilities anyway.

Interesting that Robbo said on 360 tonight that Frawley should be embarassed about his $800k asking price. Said teams baulked at the amount when his management brought it up.

Chip, you either get the money and a long road to success, or instant success without the money. You don't get both. Brian Lake took a paycut to join the Hawks because he was starved of success.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 2

Sure, lots of cap space, but just because we will have it, doesn't mean the likes of Chip should be getting $800k.

he's not worth anywhere near 800k, maybe 450-500 and thats it

• Like 1

Who is the pillock that put this video together?

What a monumental w***er.

Quick to go the man not the ball a lot of the time aren't you. I would assume most of that was shown to the players in question and some hard questions asked of them/re-enforcing of game style and basic skills to those players by the coaches.

• Like 1

His management have nominated the price. I'd be surprised if there wasnt a taker out there or that he's not already taken.

The early pick and the additional salary cap room going into the future is more valuable than a player who hasn't performed anywhere near his top in four years.

His management have nominated the price. I'd be surprised if there wasnt a taker out there or that he's not already taken.

The early pick and the additional salary cap room going into the future is more valuable than a player who hasn't performed anywhere near his top in four years.

My guess is one of the expansion clubs will miraculously have the money.

Chip Frawley thinks he is worth $800K a year. This is the best news the MFC could have. We know where we stand right now. Chip has already committed to not signing with Melbourne and Roos should drop him to the VFL 2nds, or even not play him anywhere at all. If he doesn't want to play for us, he wont. Simple as that. I refuse to accept the idea that he is worth this money and lets face it, MFC have to rebuild again. Frawley; If I were coach, you would be on your ass for the next 6 months and I would slander the hell out of you as a player. Get lost!

firstly, it's an article in the sun. so that makes it a 50-50 chance of being bunkum.

secondly, he's said he wants $800k to leave us - he's not saying he wants $800k to stay with us. his price point to remain might be significantly left. or it might be the case that he wants to see the team improve over the next 19 games (god knows, we all want to see that!) and that is the predominant factor affecting his decision. or perhaps he wants to know who his coach is likely to be in 2016-17 and beyond, and that's the predominant factor affecting his decision.

we don't know, really, do we, what it will take for him to stay?

we need a player like chip to remain committed to us. so far, in terms of free agency, everyone who has been eligible has walked.

let's hope that rot stops with dunn and frawley in 2014.

Edited by DemonAndrew
  • Like 3

firstly, it's an article in the sun. so that makes it a 50-50 chance of being bunkum.

secondly, he's said he wants $800k to leave us - he's not saying he wants $800k to stay with us. his price point to remain might be significantly left. or it might be the case that he wants to see the team improve over the next 19 games (god knows, we all want to see that!) and that is the predominant factor affecting his decision. or perhaps he wants to know who his coach is likely to be in 2016-17 and beyond, and that's the predominant factor affecting his decision.

we need a player like chip to remain committed to us. so far, in terms of free agency, everyone who has been eligible has walked.

I tbhink its clear cut. And its been reported on every media platform, not just the HS. Let him go I say. We don't need players holding the club ransom to unreasonable requests. If he wants to stay at melbourne, now after this being released, we should offer him 10% less.

• Like 1

Interesting that Robbo said on 360 tonight that Frawley should be embarassed about his $800k asking price. Said teams baulked at the amount when his management brought it up.

Chip, you either get the money and a long road to success, or instant success without the money. You don't get both. Brian Lake took a paycut to join the Hawks because he was starved of success.

Yeah. I think you're missing the point.

Assuming the reports are true...

Chip wants to stay.

But he's saying, if you're going to talk me into leaving, this is what it's going to cost.

"I won't even consider leaving unless at least $800k is put infront of me."

Pretty fair, I think.

• Like 1

Quick to go the man not the ball a lot of the time aren't you. I would assume most of that was shown to the players in question and some hard questions asked of them/re-enforcing of game style and basic skills to those players by the coaches.

Of course I went the man.

The man put the video together and added those comments.

Complete fwit.

well said.

I would be playing Chip up forward for the rest of the season. We need to blood new defenders.

Chip can help Dawes and the forwards. He might even enjoy it.

It is now a business for the players as it has to be for the MFC.

We must stop relying on trade compo as the answer. Shrewd list management is the only way.

• Like 1

We have to spend $9.5m a year - that is approx. the salary cap floor.

If we paid people what they have been worth - Nathan Jones would have to be about $5m for us to reach the $9.5m number.

Gotta pay somebody...

We always bemoan losing talent. It would be good to keep Frawley - don't kid yourself it wouldn't be.

So you keep saying RPFC. When you say 'gotta pay somebody', are you at all thinking about the future of the club and do you think the list manager etc is thinking the same way?

If what's being spoken about is true, which scenario do you think will help the club most going forward. Losing Frawley for around $800k on a several year contract or receiving pick 2 (providing we finish last and the compensation is pick 2), which gives us great bargaining power to lure a potential star, or go straight to the draft and take one?

I think it's obvious the more fresh and young faces we have at our club, the greater their output and willingness to learn will be.

Frawley is playing as if he doesn't care. He is of no value to us on field at this moment. Unless something changes dramatically in his psyche and it's visible onfield, he needs to go for the survival and growth of our club.

• Like 3

The only thing Perth has over Melbourne is its beaches, but he can go over and enjoy those during his summer vacation!

He can have the shark riddled beaches. With your 800k Chip you might want to invest in a good harpoon gun.

Offer Dangerfield, Wines, Trelor and Patton overs to come down

we should have picks 1, 2,3 19 and 20 plus Howe, Trengove, Griems whatever to trade to get a good deal done

Wines might like the idea of 5 or 6 hundred k to come play with Jack, even if he is contracted, if he wants to walk and a top 3 pick is the carrot Port may feel their hands are tied.

Dangerfield for overs, Crows would be stoked to get pick 1 for him as opposed to losing him for a mid first round pick as a free agent next year

Trelor and Patton on bigger money might entice them

So you keep saying RPFC. When you say 'gotta pay somebody', are you at all thinking about the future of the club and do you think the list manager etc is thinking the same way?

If what's being spoken about is true, which scenario do you think will help the club most going forward. Losing Frawley for around $800k on a several year contract or receiving pick 2 (providing we finish last and the compensation is pick 2), which gives us great bargaining power to lure a potential star, or go straight to the draft and take one?

I think it's obvious the more fresh and young faces we have at our club, the greater their output and willingness to learn will be.

Frawley is playing as if he doesn't care. He is of no value to us on field at this moment. Unless something changes dramatically in his psyche and it's visible onfield, he needs to go for the survival and growth of our club.

This is utter crap.

It's also worth remembering the average salary is up to $300k now.

That's a player like Rohan Bail, Blease or Tapscott.

Average players.

Do you think Frawley is worth 2&1/2 of those types?

I know he is.

Offer Dangerfield, Wines, Trelor and Patton overs to come down

we should have picks 1, 2,3 19 and 20 plus Howe, Trengove, Griems whatever to trade to get a good deal done

Wines might like the idea of 5 or 6 hundred k to come play with Jack, even if he is contracted, if he wants to walk and a top 3 pick is the carrot Port may feel their hands are tied.

Dangerfield for overs, Crows would be stoked to get pick 1 for him as opposed to losing him for a mid first round pick as a free agent next year

Trelor and Patton on bigger money might entice them

Wow! What a fantasy. I like it, though.....

Wow! What a fantasy. I like it, though.....

A little optimistic, but Dangerfield sees 1.3 mil or something to come home to victoria, Adelaide see pick 2 on the table but next year it's maybe pick 12 or 13 as compo, if compo stays in, certainly worth a try for a player of that talent

GWS need players they can market, would pick 1, pick 19 and Jeremy Howe snag us Patton and Trelor or one and a good pick or something, Boyd, Patton and Cameron are all going to be million dollar men in a few years i reckon, maybe one would like the idea of getting big money early and Trelor is certainly worth it.

and Wines well we'd have to admit we were wrong, but i reckon pick 3 would be a fair trade if Port felt they couldn't keep him, but they would fight tooth and nail either way.

• Like 1