• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Chip Frawley

Deemotivated

Gotta pay somebody.

Let's extend Pedersen's contract by 5 years and front load the hell out of it!

Seriously though, yes pay Frawley what he wants.

Edited by TheoX

See ya chip.

Keep pick 1 and 2 dont trade. Rebuild through the draft atleast this time we have Roos developing our players.

Brayshae and Wright.

Ordinarily i would argue for keeping players but to be honest i've lost patience with Frawley. The HUN says he's asking for $800k. Surely his management is taking the pizz. As someone noted when, in a crap side, was he last BOG?. As i've said about Jones one of the best ways to judge a player is how he goes in a crap side. Frawley has failed that test. He has been woeful this year and he is on our leadership group.

I loved Gary Lyons reaction to the question would he take pick 2 for Frawley. After a long pause and a smirk he said he would probably consider it. Pick 2? I'd take in a heartbeat.

As for the pick 2 the Hun article made me laugh and cry. It simply said categorically that if he goes we will have pick 1 and 2, which assumes of course we will finish bottom. 3 games into the season and it's a done deal we're getting the wooden spoon (or as the bookies have to avoid ASADA related problems - the team with the most losses!)

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

How often, in a crap side, is a KPD named BOG?

Seriously?

It's virtually impossible.

He'll show his true worth at a good side where the ball doesn't come in a million miles an hour, 300 times a quarter and under no pressure.

He'll shut down all the big guns, all things being equal.

And that can't be overstated.

• Like 2

Ordinarily i would argue for keeping players but to be honest i've lost patience with Frawley. The HUN says he's asking for $800k. Surely his management is taking the pizz. As someone noted when, in a crap side, was he last BOG?. As i've said about Jones one of the best ways to judge a player is how he goes in a crap side. Frawley has failed that test. He has been woeful this year and he is on our leadership group.

I loved Gary Lyons reaction to the question would he take pick 2 for Frawley. After a long pause and a smirk he said he would probably consider it. Pick 2? I'd take in a heartbeat.

As for the pick 2 the Hun article made me laugh and cry. It simply said categorically that if he goes we will have pick 1 and 2, which assumes of course we will finish bottom. 3 games into the season and it's a done deal we're getting the wooden spoon (or as the bookies have to avoid ASADA related problems - the team with the most losses!)

Your missing the point, Frawley isn't asking for $800,000, he is saying that it would take that amount of money to make him move, a small but important difference.

I took it as he is happy to stay on good coin but would consider moving if someone was to pay him overs.

• Like 2

Seriously?

He'll show his true worth at a good side where the ball doesn't come in a million miles an hour, 300 times a quarter and under no pressure.

It's the leaders job to lead, not to put a bounty on their head after round 3, we don't have enough leaders for the ones we do have to be looking at the door

• Like 3

It's the leaders job to lead, not to put a bounty on their head after round 3, we don't have enough leaders for the ones we do have to be looking at the door

Is he the leader?

Is he not leading?

Has he put a bounty on his head?

Is he looking at the door?

Are you being made to think exactly what the media wants you to think?

Independent thought.

Try it.

It's pretty good.

Your missing the point, Frawley isn't asking for $800,000, he is saying that it would take that amount of money to make him move, a small but important difference.

I took it as he is happy to stay on good coin but would consider moving if someone was to pay him overs.

Huh? I fail to see how saying it would take $800k to make him move is in any material way different to asking for 800K. Semantics. I should point out that i did say the HUN said he was asking for that money and so is likely to be bulltish.

In any case we wont be paying any where near that amount (excect to play ducks and drakes and face his value on the open market up) as Roos will take pick 2 in a heartbeat.

Seriously?

Fair enough re BOG. But what about our best player? When was the last time he was clearly our best player. How has he gone in the bluey in the last few seasons?

Of course he will be better at a better club. But that doesn't mean he should not play with heart and passion whilst he is with us. He needs to take a leaf out of Nahan Jones's book.

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

Is he the leader?

Is he not leading?

Independent thought.

Try it.

It's pretty good.

Watch the lack of chase early in the game against West coast and tell me his mind isn't elsewhere, if you can't be bothered 3 minutes into a game something is seriously wrong,

putting talks on hold is fine, but when he can't be bothered chasing, loses a contest and doesn't even look like he cares, that rubs off on young players and the last thing we want is thinking that's acceptable

• Like 2

3 games into the season and it's a done deal we're getting the wooden spoon (or as the bookies have to avoid ASADA related problems - the team with the most losses!)

On the Footy panel shows last night they were interviewing Kernahan and 3 weeks in he was talking about next years draft was backing Malthouses ability to rebuild this team. They sound like they will be using this year to sort out their list in preparation for a rebuild ...

Could be a race to the bottom.... legitimately of course :huh:

• Like 2

On the Footy panel shows last night they were interviewing Kernahan and 3 weeks in he was talking about next years draft was backing Malthouses ability to rebuild this team. They sound like they will be using this year to sort out their list in preparation for a rebuild ...

They have had plenty of opportunitys to chase key position players and haven't, why they didn't offer a deal for Boyd i have no idea.

Watch the lack of chase early in the game against West coast and tell me his mind isn't elsewhere, if you can't be bothered 3 minutes into a game something is seriously wrong,

putting talks on hold is fine, but when he can't be bothered chasing, loses a contest and doesn't even look like he cares, that rubs off on young players and the last thing we want is thinking that's acceptable

1 sigle isolated incident without context... Bugger me. I thought people were generally smarter than this.

A newspaper reports he wants $800k to leave.

So as far as we know it could be made up (probably) or his agent has told interested clubs that's the region he's looking for, so don't bother otherwise, and then it has been leaked by someone (just as likely).

And then some fool sits back and pots him for "putting a price on his head", "having an eye on the door" and "not being a leader."

It is rampant idiocy.

Is he the leader?

Is he not leading?

Independent thought.

Try it.

It's pretty good.

Sure some of the points you raise we obviously don't know for certain, but I think it's plain obvious for all watching that Frawley clearly is somewhere else in his mind on game day.

I feel no sense of leadership from him. He is a mute on the field in the backline, plays for himself and it's so uninspiring for our younger guys to have a player of his age and experience going about his football in such a way.

You don't need to read, watch or listen to the media to see that. It's blatantly obvious.

Bang on. Edited by stevethemanjordan

Fair enough re BOG. But what about our best player? When was the last time he was clearly our best player. How has he gone in the bluey in the last few seasons?

Of course he will be better at a better club. But that doesn't mean he should not play with heart and passion whilst he is with us. He needs to take a leaf out of Nahan Jones's book.

I maintain its pretty hard to be named in the best when you are continually under siege, and purely by the weight of numbers you have buckley's chance of producing a performance that will get your name in the best players.

You can't beat a forward line, or half a forward line on your own, but that's what has been expected.

And I'm not even talking about a performance worthy of getting in the best, because I think he has produced that.

I'm talking about a performance that will be recognised as being worthy of selection in the best players.

2 different things, the latter totally dependent on the person selecting the best, and their ability to recognise the value of his performance against the odds.

Difficult to do when those in the papers often just go off the stat sheet.

Oh no - i feel ill thinking about the Wright (nee kruezer) cup. We'll blow it again!

Crucial game this week?

1 sigle isolated incident without context... Bugger me. I thought people were generally smarter than this.

A newspaper reports he wants $800k to leave.

So as far as we know it could be made up (probably) or his agent has told interested clubs that's the region he's looking for, so don't bother otherwise, and then it has been leaked by someone (just as likely).

And then some fool sits back and pots him for "putting a price on his head", "having an eye on the door" and "not being a leader."

It is rampant idiocy.

are you serious? his games have been riddles with skill errors and indecision, but we can cop that because at times noone runs hard enough to give him an option and whatever, that's fine

if a leader of the club isn't chasing 3 minutes into an important game, cya later have fun in the 2's in my opinion, we want to be a respected AFL club, one isolated incident FROM A LEADER is not acceptable.

I just think if you put your hand up to be in the leadership group of a footy club you can't just turn around and say i wanna see the direction of the club before i commit, as Roosy says culture is player driven, chip has the opportunity to set the direction, right now i don't feel like he is doing that.

can you provide one great example of Chip being a leader this year?

Sure some of the points you raise we obviously don't know for certain, but I think it's plain obvious for all watching that Frawley clearly is somewhere else in his mind on game day.

I feel no sense of leadership from him. He is a mute on the field in the backline, plays for himself and it's so uninspiring for our you get guys to have a player of his age and experience going about his football in such a way.

You don't need to read, watch or listen to the media to see that. It's blatantly obvious.

Bang on.

Frawley has never been a vocal leader.

It's not his personality.

You haven't figured that out yet, after all these years?

I think you and many others are reading things into his performance based on your expectations, rather than simply judging what's infront of you. You expect him to leave, so you judge everything based on that.

And context is lacking in the case of that one isolated incident.

You ignore the fact he had run upfield as we had possession, then had to backtrack after a poor turnover.

Not just that, but even if he hasn't, I wouldn't be so silly as to condemn a player based on one single mental lapse when he has brought so much else to the table.

I think you and many others are reading things into his performance based on your expectations, rather than simply judging what's infront of you. You expect him to leave, so you judge everything based on that.

You ignore the fact he had run upfield as we had possession, then had to backtrack after a poor turnover.

Not just that, but even if he hasn't, I wouldn't be so silly as to condemn a player based on one single mental lapse when he has brought so much else to the table.

It's not just one incident, look at the Stkilda game, Tom Mcdonald struggling, Chip frawley the leader of the backline doesn't pro actively think, i should take Roo, he is the match winner, Roo goes bang, bang, bang, that's the difference in the game.

he's a gun, we are all fully aware of where he is at but in a cut throat industry, your mind is off the job by 5% and we see some horrible errors, and they're so much worse when they come from a leader.

I still feel that Dylan Shiel will return to Victoria. GWS dug their heels in last year, but with his contract up in 2015, he may be gettable.

Well may be a risk but if we get pick 1 & 2 or even Picks 1, 2 & 3pp

Shiel & Treleor for Pick 1 & 2 and I their second round pick which would give us Shiel, Treloar and Picks around 20 & 21 or Shiel, Treleor & Picks 3, 20 & 21

Take it in a heartbeat I would

He hasn't been a vocal leader, but he can still lead. Nathan Jones has never really been a vocal leader until a couple of press conferences this season but he still shows his leadership on the field - sometimes he convinces me with his attitude among the packs that he'd die for the jumper. Frawley doesn't display the same on gameday while I distinctly remember he used to.

Although he hasn't been a vocal leader in the past, there's nothing stopping him coming out now and holding a presser where he announces that he's 100% behind Roos and the club. That would instil some confidence in the guys playing around him I have no doubt and would be a great act of leadership and loyalty.

Unfortunately I doubt he will do it because I firmly believe he's off.

• Like 1