Frawley wants to know...

Undeeterred

If I recall correctly, he was given a four year contract after 09 that has become a bargain according to a few whispers.

I sincerely hope he is in the top 10 paid players on the Primary List - if he isn't he will be an Unrestricted FA.

Only Clark, Dawes, Trengove, Vince, Grimes, Jones, Watts, Howe, Garland, and McDonald could possibly be paid more.

So hopefully one of those is under the magic figure. And it is calculated as payment per year over the life of the contract not the wage in that particular year if a contract is front or back ended.

If he had a four year contract due to finish at the end of this year, wouldn't that would mean he signed after his AA year - 2011,12,13 and 14?

If I recall correctly, he was given a four year contract after 09 that has become a bargain according to a few whispers.

I sincerely hope he is in the top 10 paid players on the Primary List - if he isn't he will be an Unrestricted FA.

Only Clark, Dawes, Trengove, Vince, Grimes, Jones, Watts, Howe, Garland, and McDonald could possibly be paid more.

So hopefully one of those is under the magic figure. And it is calculated as payment per year over the life of the contract not the wage in that particular year if a contract is front or back ended.

he signed a 4 yr 1.6 million contract.

The Crows have lost a lot of players over the last 3 years. They would have massive room in their cap.

I don't know the Whorethorn scenario that Denham has bought up but i was told before christmas that the Crows are seriously into Chip.

Roos putting him in the LG is an interesting one as we remember what Roos has said about unsigned players holding out throught a season...he wouldn't play them.

So maybe there is a verbal agreement between them we are not privvy to.

Whatever happens this year it is in Chips best interest to have an A Grade season.

If that helps the MFC climb up the ladder then we have a chance to keep him at the club.

My gut feeling right now is 60/40 gone, but if the team improves drastically then she is 50/50

This is why we must target aggressively also.

There is a revolving door now at all clubs.

We have to use it. Like it or not.

How many decent free agents have re-signed with Melbourne in recent years?

I cant think of too many who would have received decent offers who have stayed. Chip will be courted by any team looking for a key defender and unless we show significnat improvement I thinl that althougth his preference would be to stay, money + finals + getting older = Chip gone,

Well to be fair, we havnt had many decent free agents leave that the club was desperate to keep.

Chip is 25 DOB 20.09.88, although it sounds far off, by the time he is 29-30, theres a chance we could be up the top end of the ladder.

I think if the team and club shows some significant improvement in endeavour and actual performance then theres a chance he will stay.

the club will need to offer a good package.

The Crows have lost a lot of players over the last 3 years. They would have massive room in their cap.

I don't know the Whorethorn scenario that Denham has bought up but i was told before christmas that the Crows are seriously into Chip.

Roos putting him in the LG is an interesting one as we remember what Roos has said about unsigned players holding out throught a season...he wouldn't play them.

So maybe there is a verbal agreement between them we are not privvy to.

Whatever happens this year it is in Chips best interest to have an A Grade season.

If that helps the MFC climb up the ladder then we have a chance to keep him at the club.

My gut feeling right now is 60/40 gone, but if the team improves drastically then she is 50/50

This is why we must target aggressively also.

There is a revolving door now at all clubs.

We have to use it. Like it or not.

We r going down the same path as rugby league in that soon players will be announcing at the start or during the season that they are leaving.

That is another thing I hate about league.

Remember though the players wanted this.

I believe he will stay.

We have room in our cap and war chest, and i think it is imperative we keep our good players, Roos would demand that.

I just think just his new contract is going to be huge, providing he has a good year this year.

I know one of his best mates, and he loves the Dees and his buddies there, pretty loyal character is Chipper.

Would rather stay in melbourne than Adelaide.

• Like 4

I believe he will stay.

We have room in our cap and war chest, and i think it is imperative we keep our good players, Roos would demand that.

I just think just his new contract is going to be huge, providing he has a good year this year.

I know one of his best mates, and he loves the Dees and his buddies there, pretty loyal character is Chipper.

Who the hell would willingly move to SA?

• Like 2

This is Rucci shaking his own tree for the SA market with a few vague quotes about FA discussions with Adelaide officials - it has nothing to do with us other than the fact we have one of the best FAs.

Did you learn nothing from the year of "will he?, won't he?" Scully put us through? I'm not sayin he's gone but trying to justify every decision/article is fruitless so why bother?

I don't blame him for wanting to see the year unfold, and if we win 3 or 4 in the first half and stay competitive, James seems from an outsiders point of view, like a person who would ride it out at Melbourne FC.

However, haven't we learnt anything from TS, JR, BM etc.

We can waste a whole year talking about speculation and 'rumours', but in the end, only a select few close to James would know what he wants to do.

Unless you are currently in a relationship with him, or a blood relative, your 'information from a good source' means nothing.

Did you learn nothing from the year of "will he?, won't he?" Scully put us through? I'm not sayin he's gone but trying to justify every decision/article is fruitless so why bother?

Jeez. S-home said that the Crows are rattling us to bring us down from our Roos induced high, I was politely saying this was just some local SA pablum to assuage the Crows masses.

What that has got to do with Scully I don't know...

If he had a four year contract due to finish at the end of this year, wouldn't that would mean he signed after his AA year - 2011,12,13 and 14?

You're right. Mjt's number sound about right too.

The cap is about $10m now so James will command quite a bit of that. 6 or 7 percent of it maybe...

You're right. Mjt's number sound about right too.

The cap is about $10m now so James will command quite a bit of that. 6 or 7 percent of it maybe...

It's what has been reported, or at least I've heard it "confirmed" somewhere before ($1.6mil over 4 years).

I'm sure the list managers have been smart enough to structure contracts to enable us to keep hold of one of our most valuable assets, by assuring he stays as a restricted FA.

How many decent free agents have re-signed with Melbourne in recent years?

I cant think of too many who would have received decent offers who have stayed. Chip will be courted by any team looking for a key defender and unless we show significnat improvement I thinl that althougth his preference would be to stay, money + finals + getting older = Chip gone,

How many decent players have left Melbourne in recent years??? none, we didn't have any.

This is Rucci shaking his own tree for the SA market with a few vague quotes about FA discussions with Adelaide officials - it has nothing to do with us other than the fact we have one of the best FAs.

Rucci has no idea about pretty much anything including his beloved Port, the club he has continually knifed.

• Like 1

The club will have 700,000 a season put away for chip, the rest is up to him.

Agree they will have big money to play with.

I'd imagine contracts to Clark and Dawes would have been substantially front loaded (who else did we have to pay those seasons?).

Also, Cross wouldn't be on huge coin as few were super keen to obtain his services.

I'd say we would easily match whatever Chip gets offered if need be so it all goes back to him wanting to stay.

I'm in the he'll stay camp based on, well.... ahh...... he seems a good bloke?

• Like 2

I believe he will stay.

Not sure he would want to live in Adelaide, maybe he should have a talk to Tippett.

Reckon Adelaide will go backwards this year anyway so if he is looking at finals he's looking in the wrong place.

Not sure he would want to live in Adelaide, maybe he should have a talk to Tippett.

Reckon Adelaide will go backwards this year anyway so if he is looking at finals he's looking in the wrong place.

Why talk to Tippett? He could speak to Vince or Riley.