Frawley wants to know...

Undeeterred

You're missing my point. I have no problem with a player waiting to see what the direction of the club is before re-signing.

What I DO have a problem with is someone accepting a role as a leader of a team and then saying he's not committing until he sees the direction of the club.

Oh and just for you..."At this stage we are comfortable that James wants to see the direction of the footy club, Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney said. ''We presented to James prior to Christmas and we are in talks with his management and are ready to talk to him, but James has indicated he wants to focus on training and playing at the moment and get a better idea of the direction of the club."

"Frawley's manager Alex McDonald said Melbourne had been in constant dialogue with him but Frawley wanted to wait to make a decision. ''James is keen to let the season take shape before we start focusing on contract discussions,'' McDonald said. ''The club has been in constant contact and updating James on where the club is at and their direction.''

Why is it that when someone points out that your post is OTT and not based on what the player actually said you go for the "your missing my point" line?

Chip is a leader of the team without question. He gives 110% each week. He's had a gazillion coaches in his time, seen the team win few games over the years and is coming off a contract which perhaps hasn't reflected his true worth as a player. Why the fk wouldn't he wait and see if the club was on the up and increase his value in the meantime? If Roos thought he Chip was conflicted surely he would ask him to be removed from the leadership group. Your example of Boak is flawed because he waited until the season was over before re-signing with Port. The least we can do is give Chip the same opportunity.

Oh, and just for you..... nowhere in your quote does it say that Chip doesn't believe in the club, as you claimed. That's not the same as waiting to see direction.

Well, no, not really. Do the other 5 leaders "know" how this year is going to pan out? Roos, who should have the best idea of anybody, is being extremely cautious & trying to stop our expectations getting too high. If "knowing what direction it's going" was a criterion of leadership, who would have put their hands up?

Are the other 5 leaders "waiting to see the direction of the club" before extending their contracts? Are they free agents? Knowing the direction wouldn't be a criteria, but surely believing in it would be.

Why is it that when someone points out that your post is OTT and not based on what the player actually said you go for the "your missing my point" line?

Chip is a leader of the team without question. He gives 110% each week. He's had a gazillion coaches in his time, seen the team win few games over the years and is coming off a contract which perhaps hasn't reflected his true worth as a player. Why the fk wouldn't he wait and see if the club was on the up and increase his value in the meantime? If Roos thought he Chip was conflicted surely he would ask him to be removed from the leadership group. Your example of Boak is flawed because he waited until the season was over before re-signing with Port. The least we can do is give Chip the same opportunity.

Oh, and just for you..... nowhere in your quote does it say that Chip doesn't believe in the club, as you claimed. That's not the same as waiting to see direction.

You're STILL missing the point, and your attempts at personal digs don't get you any closer to getting it.

Boak is my example due to the fact that when he signed and sowed belief in the club it was a turning point for Port's resurgence. Surely Chips, as a leader, would know how much impact showing his belief with his actions (like signing a contract) would help lift the club even more.

And the last bit is up to your own personal interpretation. Waiting to see what happens is the opposite of belief.

Edited by stuie

Chip is a leader of the team without question. He gives 110% each week. He's had a Is gazillion coaches in his time, seen the team win few games over the years and is coming off a contract which perhaps hasn't reflected his true worth as a player. Why the fk wouldn't he wait and see if the club was on the up and increase his value in the meantime? If Roos thought he Chip was conflicted surely he would ask him to be removed from the leadership group. Your example of Boak is flawed because he waited until the season was over before re-signing with Port. The least we can do is give Chip the same opportunity.

Is impossible to give over 100%?

Is gazillion an actual word?

Come on Moonie you can do better then this

• Like 1

I hope Roos stands by his policy of not playing players who don't commit to the club.

Roos should pull Chip aside and say give me an answer by Round 10 or i'm putting the last 12 games into another defender.

Chip's had one very good season and i'd rather he leave than at least 10 other players,so don't blow out the salary cap on him.

Guys don't panic.

The reason why we traded for Pedersen and put him in a 3 year contract is so he would be the heir apparent for chip in Pedo's 3rd year.

Brilliant medium term list management by the organisation.

I think second coffee is in order

• Like 2

Guys don't panic.

The reason why we traded for Pedersen and put him in a 3 year contract is so he would be the heir apparent for chip in Pedo's 3rd year.

Brilliant medium term list management by the organisation.

Have another scotch BBP.

Better sources than yours, believe me.

Also wouldn't be best 22, but even if he were, he'd be barely playing due to his knees.

Hmm ok, I believe you know or have heard something but I'm quietly confident I've got this.

We are pretty lucky in alot of ways to have Garland and Tom Mcdonald backing us up,

I believe chip loves the club and won't want to walk away but a huge cash offer and the promise of finals sooner rather than later would be very much worth his consideration and he is well within his rights to see what offers he gets.

having said that i feel that a strong AFL organisation should be good enough to hang on to some of it's better players so it will be very interesting, not the end of the world if he leaves though.

We are pretty lucky in alot of ways to have Garland and Tom Mcdonald backing us up,

I believe chip loves the club and won't want to walk away but a huge cash offer and the promise of finals sooner rather than later would be very much worth his consideration and he is well within his rights to see what offers he gets.

having said that i feel that a strong AFL organisation should be good enough to hang on to some of it's better players so it will be very interesting, not the end of the world if he leaves though.

his manager will tell him what loyalty adds up to [bad knees, no money and loved by all]

he will also explain,gws,GC and other clubs are willing to pay for success

hence the players that have left top priemership clubs to go to cellar dwellar cashed up newbies

good managers get the players to the money

self explanatory OD

Edited by jazza

his manager will tell him what loyalty adds up to [bad knees, no money and loved by all]

hence the players that have left top priemership clubs to go to cellar dwellar cashed up newbies

Yep.

Why is Dawes at Melbourne and not at the Dogs?

You're STILL missing the point, and your attempts at personal digs don't get you any closer to getting it.

With all due respect Stuie, and not that you care, but I think you'll find this is what nearly everyone else on here thinks of your posting.

I get your point, however, I think you are reading way too much into it.

With all due respect Stuie, and not that you care, but I think you'll find this is what nearly everyone else on here thinks of your posting.

I get your point, however, I think you are reading way too much into it.

There's no reading into it, it's an opinion. That's what this place is for after all.

Hmm ok, I believe you know or have heard something but I'm quietly confident I've got this.

That may be the opinion of an ex-player, and Rivers is close to Lonergan and Mackie, but beyond that keeps to himself a lot, doesn't display any form of leadership beyond being a do-as-I-do role model, and has not fitted in particularly well, missing a lot of his old mates at MFC.

Not unlike Byrnes who came the other way.

And without revealing my sources, I'd back them to be better no matter who you've spoke to.

I know many at that club.

self explanatory OD

This is true, but i think we will offer him as much as anyone else is going to offer so money is almost cancelled out, i'd say it's about chips preference, and finding a team willing to pay overs to such an extent that we won't just match the offer as he is a restricted free agent,

having said that if he genuinely doesn't want to be here i think the club will let him walk as collingwood did with dale thomas and hawthorn did with buddy.

river's role at geelong was never about leadership

geelong are not short on leaders

That's very true, but it was in response to an earlier claim of leadership.

Geelong just needed a solid, dependable extra tall defender.

Preferably one that can read the play well and pick off forward entries, as Geelong has tailored their gameplan to doing.

He fits their bill well, but doesn't have much left in he tank and is not needed at MFC.

That's very true, but it was in response to an earlier claim of leadership.

Geelong just needed a solid, dependable extra tall defender.

Preferably one that can read the play well and pick off forward entries, as Geelong has tailored their gameplan to doing.

He fits their bill well, but doesn't have much left in he tank and is not needed at MFC.

...and as we know he struggles when he gets matched up with a tall forward (Hale) and they take him deep into the square.

• Like 1

Not really related to Chip's contract as such but given there is no certainty around him being here next year would a consideration be made to pushing him to centre half forward and really getting some development into Tom Mcdonald on the bigger forwards incase he leaves, frawley is damaging enough when he can run with the ball to play CHB imo

Not really related to Chip's contract as such but given there is no certainty around him being here next year would a consideration be made to pushing him to centre half forward and really getting some development into Tom Mcdonald on the bigger forwards incase he leaves, frawley is damaging enough when he can run with the ball to play CHB imo

chris-rock-huh-face.gif

• Like 2

Yeah, good idea.

Give Tom McDonald time to develop as a CHB without decent support, and simultaneously stunt Hogan's development by putting Frawley in his spot, or push out other accomplished forwards in Clark and Dawes.

There is not one good thing about this idea.

• Like 1

Yeah, good idea.

Give Tom McDonald time to develop as a CHB without decent support, and simultaneously stunt Hogan's development by putting Frawley in his spot, or push out other accomplished forwards in Clark and Dawes.

There is not one good thing about this idea.

Sorry it was a typo, play frawley at CHB and let Mcdonald develop deeper.

• Like 1