What are your feelings towards each opposition club?

P-man

Most hated and most liked?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My polemic is directed to the supporters of our opponents.

Adelaide - its nbot saying much that you consider yourselves socially superior to the Port Adelaide supporters - what a rubbish theme song - you aint the marines
Brisbane - the Paddle pop lion is not a credible mascot and Brendon Fevola to lose Riscitelli Brennan et al - what were you thinking?
Carlton - still a long way off winning a flag and the window is closing - a capricossa please
Collingwood - how is that ambition to become the Australian Man U going hey? - some of the most able corporate bullsh#ite artists going around - name your next theme round
Essendon - your coach is overusing hair care products
Fremantle - that theme song (Volga boatman?) why for fu#k sake didnt you go with a rework of "What do you do with a drunken sailor" - it worked for the Peninsula Pirates (except they havent won a senior premiership either) - if they ever win one (Freo I mean) what a fun time it will be hearing that funeral dirge for 4 days!
Geelong - tough to match up on - supporter base of Western District cockies and Lara, Dysdale trailer trash
Gold Coast - come back in a few decades when you have some history until then you are a confection - try meter maids as cheerleaders I would pay to see that
GWS - see Gold Coast - take off the mocassins
Hawthorn - so youve had a bit of a lucky streak lately (80's, and 70's as well) it cant last....can it?
North Melbourne - a lower membership tally than Melbourne - some achievement.
Port Adelaide - you make Adelaide and Collingwood supporters look classy
Richmond - dont kid yourself you have peaked - this is as good as it gets
St Kilda - lets face it (allegedly) a culture of drugs, drunkeness and misogyny (allegedly) the move from Fitzroy St to Moorabbin was only a physical not a cultural move - when St Kilda supporters and players say they need to score we know what they are on about
Sydney - the combination of Sydney corporate types and Lakeside battlers of old is hard to match up on - Im out - nothing to say here - we have one of your coaches - good luck when Buddy breaks down
West Coast - what a silly jumper
Western Bulldogs - I just dont care enough about you to feel sorry - based in the new heroin capital of Melbourne - cant be good

• Like 2

My views on certain teams and their supporters are so strong that I cannot envisage why everyone does not feel the same way.

I loathe Carlton. I loathe their supporters. I loathe their players and their administration.

I loathe Essendon. The only bad thing about the drugs saga is that it is not Carlton in the gun.

I loathe GWS. I independently loathe Kevin Sheedy. Appointing him as our coach would have been the only thing I can think of that would have made me only a very keen supporter instead of the loser I am. (I actually really liked Leon Cameron as a player and would wish him success with any other team (except Carlton or Essendon)

I hate Hawthorn supporters. I know too many of them.

I dont like North Melbourne. Never have.

I have always liked Geelong. They have played some of the most spectacular football of recent times and I am an old Western District boy.

I quite like Sydney. They were great entertainment on Sundays in early VFL direct telecasts.

I dont mind Freo or Port. Probably an underdog thing (and Port took the biggest GF losing margin as previously suggested)

I dont mind Gold Coast. I always thought Ablett going to appear average. He has been spectacular. They are also good to watch (often)

I am really ambivalent to the rest except when playing Melbourne.

Edited by Bimbo

You're generous, The best I could find was a bottle top and a ripped in half movie ticket from 12 years ago.

I just wanted to make sure they could call someone that cared.

LOL

Western Bulldogs - I live on this side of town so I like the Doggies. As western suburbs as you can get. I would like to see the proportion of their supporters who live in the west vs. the east. Of course there will be more here but I wonder how lopsided the margin would be?

Agree with CBF - living in the west I have a huge soft spot for the Doggies. They may not have hordes of supporters compared to the big clubs, but when they do well, the whole region seems to lift. They are extremely plugged into the community and have been for decades, guys like Steve MacPherson & Phil Krakouer were getting into schools & doing great work with difficult kids years before anyone else even thought of it. And they try to play a "go-for-it" style of footy which is good to watch.

You're generous, The best I could find was a bottle top and a ripped in half movie ticket from 12 years ago.

I think we're onto something here.

Round 13, we need volunteers out collecting 'helpful donations' in 'support' of poor old hard-luck Essendon. Maybe we could even have a raffle... the prizes would be interesting.

Adelaide. Bunch of knobs

Brisbane. My fav team in the mid 00's. I wished Melbourne had their midfield. Loved Vossy.

Carlton. Have hated them since the bought Barassi.

C filth. Says it all.

Essendon Folks were one eyed. My older brother took me to see Melb. 1955 say no more.

Fremantle Meh.

Geelong. Feel sorry because of that crappy ground that doesn't allow enough opposition supporters in.

GWS. They have been our greatest asset. Took Scully and in the end we get Jesse, Barry, Tyson.

Hawks. Hate their colours

North. Loved them in the 70's But have hated them so much since Carey

Port. Meh

Tigers Dislike immensely

Saints. Bad Culture

Sydney. Soft spot. Ex Sth Melb. Tech.

West Coast Hate with a passion

Doggies. Feel sorry for them. ( All most as much as the Dees )

Adelaide - Never liked them, never hated them
Brisbane - Enjoyable to watch, especially a few years ago, annoying and disjointed, but not really hate-able
Carlton - Never really respected or warmed to them, always been a murky spot in my mind
Collingwood - Have always found them despicable especially on QB. Annoying, the thought of their supporters at games makes me ill. In 2010 I did start gaining a little respect for them and enjoyed their gameplay but the Buckley brand of football is just yuck
Essendon - Hated them for a long time, although I built a small soft spot due to a friend and attending some of their games a couple of years ago. They usually play exciting footy and I like Jobe Watson (not when he's playing the Dees though)
Fremantle- I like their team unit, love their young talent and dominance but they have proven to be utterly boring at times. My favourite WA team though
Geelong - Got caught up in the romanticism a bit during their premiership years, not sure if it's Chris Scott's demeanour or their semi-rebuild but I find them a bit tiring to think about now
Gold Coast - Definitely like them more than GWS and despite the fact I'd rather see him at Geelong, Ablett.
GWS - Burnt toast.
Hawthorn - Arrogant, slightly admirable and exciting but they're annoying and i've never felt close to them
North Melbourne - I feel a touch of sympathy and I like the way they play. Can't tolerate their supporters at games though
Port Adelaide - I think I like them more than Adelaide now, and the fact they're also the "blueprint" for Melbourne's rise. I like the variety in their midfield and they play a more traditional style of game
Richmond - Up and down, I love their passion and they don't give off as nasty as impression as Carlton or Collingwood.
St Kilda - Basically, yuck. I still admire Riewoldt and Hayes though
Sydney - I like their culture (cliche I know) and I love their hard midfield and I was definitely glad they won in 2012. Even though he was really good, the Kurt Tippett situation made me feel iffy about them, and I'll have to reserve judgement until I see Franklin running around
West Coast - I'm not exactly sure why, but I grew quite a strong passion for them in 05-06 and imagined they'd be cool to support (never did, of course). I still don't hate them, felt a little sorry they went so poorly.
Western Bulldogs - I feel they're a fairly likeable club and have a good young team

Edited by Je Roos Salem

Crows = pretenders

Bears = they all prefer surfing

Blues = Cheats of a massive proportion

Pies = Eddie the big head shits me to tears

Bombers = drug cheats, SUFFER, ??ethics

Dockers = OK but have a cockheaded coach

Cats = OK

Suns = See Bears

Giants = Long way off it

Hawks = arrogant pricks

Kangas = OK

Power = Barely OK

Tigers = hate their [censored] coach

Saints = back where they belong ha ha

Swans = get too much AFL help

Eagles = former drug haven, ? ethics

Dogs = OK but pretenders

Adelaide: Simply don't care. thanks for ingo however.

Brisbane: only admire because of ex fitzroy factor.

Carlton: The worst..buying flags since Barrassi and have a putrid cheating arrogance much like Essendon.

Collingwood: yes they are Feral. But they have An excellent even though one eyed president and he runs a strong club.

Essendon: Cheats and always have been. They no longer rule the league with the pies..and they don't like it. Hence the cheating ways with drugs...salary cap...Cheating Golden boys ect.

Fremantle: have the financial clout to mix it with big boys but could not care less about them. Thanks for Jeff White btw.

Geelong: nothing but admiration. Turned it around with Cook and co.

Gold Coast: Care factor zero. No soul. Bought Ablett and catered too by the afl.

Gws: care factor Zero. Will not survive IMO.

Hawthorn: Strong Club, strong culture, buying players left right and centre because they can.

North: Care factor Zero, we don't care. We are Melbourne you are not, imposter blue collar wannabes from butcher shops.

Port: Traditonal club for S.a...much like us they have a very long history.

Richmond: I like the Tiges, good to see them up and about for Vic footy. Great following. Don't like to lose to them though!

St.Kilda: Who Cares...they had their run with a top shelf list and blew it many times. Chokers plain & simple.

Sydney: Catered to for far to long with absolute bs COL ALLOWANCE...dislike them for this reason and they Afl propping them up.

West Coast: Fairly strong club, couldn't care less for W.a teams but they do have talent.

Adelaide - don';t mind them most of the time

Brisbane - enjoyed their style during their dominant years...and of course they beat Essendank in the 2001 GF

Carlton - loathsome arrogant suporters...and Mitch Robinson.

Collingwood - loathe

Essendon - even before the current cheating never liked them at all. Goes right back to that stager John Birt, and of course Dive Bomber Lloyd

Fremantle - like the Pav

Geelong - admired the way that they turned the handbag label around...though did Dank give them something?

Gold Coast - good to watch

GWS - grossly dislike, especially the totally fake nature of the franchise, and the concessions

Hawthorn - the way they go about their footy is to be admired. Absolutely horrible colour scheme. Like them a bit better without Brown and Frankenstein

North Melbourne - hate playing them, especially at Doglands. Cant stand Harvey either

Port Adelaide - ?

Richmond - would be happy for us to finish 9th this year, even if just to deny them :-)

St Kilda - some sympathy for their history

Sydney - I do enjoy watching their work ethic

West Coast - still have doubts about how they achieved their two periods of dominance

Western Bulldogs - quite like them...maybe because we can share our suffering, and our disenfranchisement at the expense of the "big clubs"

But...hate them all when we play them !!!

Edited by monoccular

Adelaide - Dont mind from time to time, just depends on my mood
Brisbane - Despise them with a passion!
Carlton - ^^^^
Collingwood - ^^^^
Essendon - ^^^^
Fremantle - Pretty ambivalent, however would've liked to see them win the flag, just for a change
Geelong - Have no reason to dislike them really, but I'm just sooooo sick and tired of them winning!
Gold Coast - For some reason, Don't mind them at all. Think they went about their recruiting etc in a decent manner, as opposed to below.
GWS - Hatred started w $cullygate, and it'll never go away
Hawthorn - Always had a soft spot for them, as when I started following footy I had to choose a team, and it came down to the Dees and Hawks. Some may argue I chose wrong, but I just tell them to pi$$ off, haha
North Melbourne - Meh
Port Adelaide - Enjoyed watching them play last year, but I don't call that a like
Richmond - For some reason, I like em. Don't know what it is, but it is what it is
St Kilda - Theres something I just really don't like about the Saints. Cant put a finger on it, they just seem like a crappy team, even when they're playing good
Sydney - Live in Sydney, and am happy to cheer them on over most other teams
West Coast - Nup. Never liked em. Never will. Although I would love LeCras :)
Western Bulldogs - Didn't mind them for a few years there, cause I used to kick around w Daniel Cross a bit back in Albury, but now that he plays for the Dees, the Doggies can take a leap, hahahaha.

Adelaide - Whingers. Complain to the AFL at the drop of a hat. Still not forgiven for Trengove's ban.

Brisbane - Faded out after being a truly dominant side. They need to clean out their board and rebuild the club behind the scenes before they'll threaten again.
Carlton - Hate them on pretty much every level. Their busines practices are as crooked as they come, they have repeatedly been given special dispensations from the AFL, they tanked far more obviously than we ever did and their players tend to be pretty nasty pieces of work as well.
Collingwood - Dislike mixed with grudging respect.
Essendon - Scummy club before the drug thing, scummy club now. The fact that they are still refusing to admit any fault and are planning on carrying on as if nothing happened after this year is just further proof of their arrogance. Hope the breach notices fly.
Fremantle - No real feelings on them
Geelong - Respect. They have bee a great side for a long time. They did away with their thuggish culture and built a benchmark team in it's place.
Gold Coast - They are building a really good side. Respect tinged with annoyance for the generosity of their concessions.
GWS - A disgrace to the competition on so many levels. The team that should never have happened.
Hawthorn - Like Geelong, respect. They have a strong side, a great game and will be able to soak the loss of Buddy pretty well. I just wish they would grow their own defenders instead of poaching.
North Melbourne - Just so sick of them beating us every bloody time.
Port Adelaide - Meh.
Richmond - Bit of a measuring stick for us, but not much else.
St Kilda - Meh.
Sydney - Not much really. Think they are on the way out of the 8.
West Coast - See Sydney
Western Bulldogs - Pretty much the least noticed club in the league.

Edited by RalphiusMaximus

Adelaide - Used to really hate them, particularly when the crow throw was going around but lack of recent success probably means I'm ambivalent.
Brisbane - Fitzroy were my second team so like them as a result of that but otherwise pretty ambivalent
Carlton - Can't stand them. They were bearable when they were struggling but their supporters just have this ridiculous sense of entitlement, and the Board still runs the club like it's the 1980s where you pay players with brown paper bags and dodgy deals (Judd, Malthouse). I think they're in trouble over the next few years though which is fantastic
Collingwood - Bizarrely, don't mind them, apart from Alex Fasolo who is an absolute tool. Their supporters are just a bit dumb really, but I like the way they play on-field, always seem to have a crack.
Essendon - Rabid supporters at the games; really liked them in the 80s but cannot stand them now. Third most hated.
Fremantle - Like them. Seem to have a traditional supporter base despite being an expansion team. I think Ross Lyon is superb despite the criticism of his game plan.
Geelong - Getting a bit cocky (on and off field) but I suppose you would when you win 3 flags in 6 years. Huge respect for them.
Gold Coast - Meh. Don't think I'll like them as they get better, but they have some super exciting kids.
GWS - Would have been Meh as well except for Sheedy influence. Hope they take forever to make finals.
Hawthorn - Absolutely despise. So many bandwagon fans it's not funny; and it's been that way since my school days. How many Hawk fans do you know who never seemed to be vaguely interested in the game and all of a sudden love a winner? Give us grief constantly about the merger when the facts are that our vote was rorted (Bill Guest, lock out at Dallas Brooks Hall) and we would have voted no as well.
North Melbourne - Probably up there as my fourth most despised, mainly because they always have a chip on their shoulder about something. And Brad Scott.
Port Adelaide - Don't like them much but like Kenny Hinkley and the way they've fought back from the scrapheap.
Richmond - Hate them when we play against them with their moronic fans but love it when they are playing at the G and get on a roll. Wouldn't mind too much if they had success.
St Kilda - Probably my second favourite team, despite all the off field drama over the last few years. Absolutely dead set stiff not to have won a flag in '09 or '10, so I feel a bit for them.
Sydney - Admire the way they go about it but I lost a bit of respect with the Buddy coup. The cost of living allowance has clearly helped them enormously.
West Coast - Don't like them much but don't hate them.
Western Bulldogs - Lack of success means that I can kind of identify with them!

Great thread...

Adelaide - Mindless supporters and try listening to Ricciuto call their games. Pack of one eyed gits. Good brand of footy though.

Brisbane - Bit of a soft spot, didn't begrudge them those flags.

Carlton - Total Sh!ts. Smarmy, self-important club who have their heads up their bums.

Collingwood - Sadly, soft spot given family connections. Although hate the rat pack and those little gits like Beams and Elliott.

Essendon - Wish the whole lot of them went under a bus. And their supporters are truly arrogant, ignorant pricks.

Fremantle - Couldn't care less

Geelong - Actually really love watching them play. And, since I despise Hawthorn, I have a soft spot for them for the sheer fact that they gave the Hawks a bollocking about 12 times in a row, no matter what.

Hawthorn - Absolutely cannot stand them and so, so sick of getting smashed by them every time we go near them.

North - I'd like them if they didn't have Brent Harvey, who should take a long walk off a short pier.

Port Adelaide - Whatever.

Richmond - Find them mildly comical - I have this picture of Jack Riewoldt having a kick to win a game and his pants falling down or something. Best theme song in world history and I sing along every time

St Kilda - Pack of amoral clowns who get everything they deserve, including heartbreak like 'that bounce' against Collingwood (Milne) and 'that Scarlett toe-poke', both of which probably hurt more than our wooden spoons

Sydney - Loved the way they snatched that flag from Hawthorn

West Coast - If you live in the fast lane, eventually you get run over.

Bullies - Really don't mind them and admire their late 2000's run of prelims. Good on them