• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Wednesday, 22nd January, 2014

Whispering_Jack

I spoke to 'him', (not Matt Burgan) he got back from holidays on Monday, yes he had seen the comments on here, resisted my request that he puts a 'snarky' comment as the byline......told him to post the lot to quieten down the masses

Can you please stop forwarding the opinions of about 5 people on here to people you see at MFC training?

I don't know why you do it.

• Like 2

Dawes, Clark, Hogan, Howe

If they can play all together we will be unstoppable... as a mate put it - what team can man all of them effectively? Throw in JKH and thats a headache for any opposition.

Say it again!

Can you please stop forwarding the opinions of about 5 people on here to people you see at MFC training?

Its a supporter site , who are you, who am I , do you ever stop crying go to training and post your own reports, I know the Administration change moderators occasionly but it would be very concerning if someone like yourself got the nod.

Report from you know who from you know where:

W
elcome back to training at Gosch's yet again guys. Glad to have you back on board again for another training report.

I'm still suffering from last night after watching that epic Djokovic/Wawrinka game. Go Stan! Probably my favourite top 10 male player BTW.

Bit of stretching, running laps etc. when we got there.

Mitch running laps. Better than nothing I guess.

Clisby is on the sidelines too.

Alrighty, this warmup scheme is different. Boys being taken to all parts of the ground.

Rehab is basically the same as Monday. Hogan, Dawes, Kent, Riley, Fitz, Gawn, Jamar, Byrnes(?) by the looks of things. Clark is still running laps at Gosch's but eventually joins rehab.

Notice a new scheme - players in rehab wear singlets, players training wear training jumper.

Solid 25 minute stretch, as I said to all parts of the ground.

Alrighty, to the short kicks now!

Boys called in for the first time. Let's see what they do today.

Alright. The boys are split into five groups. One in the goalsquare doing sidesteps and a short kick? ...interesting. There is one group on the wing with Watts, Evans, JKH and an assistant (Miller I think) doing some bumping drills. On the other wing there are some upper body strength drills. I'm not sure what the last group is doing... setshots? There's only two or three blokes in that group. I don't mind it though, Roosy mixing it up a bit.

This group in front of us is doing some weird things. Handballing above their head (or to each other) then a kick on demand? Huh? Even I'm confused. I'm guessing it's testing their kicking skills under pressure. There's five footy's and five targets to kick to but yeah it's hard to explain this drill properly.

Stretches again.

Same pick ball up/ride bump/handball drill as generally seen throughout pre season.

Nicho and Viv are heading off now. Spencer and Grimes too by the looks of it. Small group doing some simple handballs - Strauss, Watts, Bail, Blease, Barry and Toumpas in this group.

Addition of a man to drill I mentioned above instead of tackle bag thingymajig.

Group called in and then some short, quick handballs. The boys are up by the sounds of it. Drill is changed to include groundwork as well. There's a couple of errors but the boys look far more accomplished then they did when they started doing this drill some time back.

Drill changed again, four groups handballing with a bit of movement included for the players too. A shepherd is then required as well. Players handball off then shepherd a player shadowing the receiver.

I'm not brilliant at explaining things.

Short kicks on the run now. Groups move back a bit. Kick, run hard, receive handball then give off to another player. FAST MOVEMENT.

This is only a brief drill. Boys called in again.

Now they are split into two different sized groups. Big group in the middle and a small group on the wing. Bit of a split now. The group on the opposite 50 to where we are doing a drill which is mostly handball at speed but with a few switch kicks here and there. Group nearest to use attempting to kick goals, including *shudders* James Frawley, who unsurprisingly shanks his set shot. Meanwhile Trenners, Toump, Salem, Tyson and Barry ran a lap of the oval by the looks of things. Dawes also practising his set shot. More promising signs in his recovery.

Notable Monday absentee Matt Jones is here watching on.

Dawesy looking solid with his set shots, mostly from 40-45m out.

Tappy has come here too and runs a slow lap with Tyson.

Seeing Dawes, Clark and Hogan watching on from the sidelines makes me sad.
clear.png
Main group is called in again.

Half grounder with a drill similar to one that's been consistent with us this pre season, switch kick, handball, down the line kick, etc.

Few too many players on the sidelines. A fair sized circle doing handball drills.

Main drill becomes a full grounder.

Pedo's working hard and running hard which is pleasant to see. Needs to to stop the derision that he's copped since getting THAT three year deal.

Harmes uses the ball efficiently, it's something I've noticed since he's come in.

Blease is looking better, no, not at the level we'd want him to be yet, but he's running hard which is a good sign.

Boys called in yet again.

Notice as they head out (and I'll capitalise this for emphasis) NATHAN JONES LEADING THE BOYS OUT. USING VOICE. His demeanour has changed in recent weeks. And that hints at something.

Alright, few boys wearing bibs, looks like a delivery drill inside 50. More specifically they're hitting up shorter targets and are patient with their delivery looking for the right kick.

23 blokes sitting out this drill. That's way too much.

Boys called in, I presume to explain to the crowd of players what it is they want to do when they actually do this drill at an undisclosed time in the near foreseeable future.

Alrighty, boys called in again? Wattsy doing a bit of talking, I like that.

Roosy with a very lengthy chat.

Alrighty so this lengthy chat is done. Looks like they're finishing up.

That was a weird training session.

By Tasmanlvr from Bigfooty with thanks

Edited for font size

Edited by Roger Mellie
  • Like 9

Its a supporter site , who are you, who am I , do you ever stop crying go to training and post your own reports, I know the Administration change moderators occasionly but it would be very concerning if someone like yourself got the nod.

I appreciate Saty's reports just like any others including yours but I agree with rpfc that it's not necessary for any 'Land member to carry on like they've got some duty to appease a few on here by carrying on about supporters trivial concerns.

Report on the training, if you speak to players then great, if it's worth sharing then please do.

All good in the outback

That's what Ivan Milat liked to tell us .

• Like 2

Report from you know who from you know where:

Welcome back to training at Gosch's yet again guys. Glad to have you back on board again for another training report.

I'm still suffering from last night after watching that epic Djokovic/Wawrinka game. Go Stan! Probably my favourite top 10 male player BTW.

Bit of stretching, running laps etc. when we got there.

Mitch running laps. Better than nothing I guess.

Clisby is on the sidelines too.

Alrighty, this warmup scheme is different. Boys being taken to all parts of the ground.

Rehab is basically the same as Monday. Hogan, Dawes, Kent, Riley, Fitz, Gawn, Jamar, Byrnes(?) by the looks of things. Clark is still running laps at Gosch's but eventually joins rehab.

Notice a new scheme - players in rehab wear singlets, players training wear training jumper.

Solid 25 minute stretch, as I said to all parts of the ground.

Alrighty, to the short kicks now!

Boys called in for the first time. Let's see what they do today.

Alright. The boys are split into five groups. One in the goalsquare doing sidesteps and a short kick? ...interesting. There is one group on the wing with Watts, Evans, JKH and an assistant (Miller I think) doing some bumping drills. On the other wing there are some upper body strength drills. I'm not sure what the last group is doing... setshots? There's only two or three blokes in that group. I don't mind it though, Roosy mixing it up a bit.

This group in front of us is doing some weird things. Handballing above their head (or to each other) then a kick on demand? Huh? Even I'm confused. I'm guessing it's testing their kicking skills under pressure. There's five footy's and five targets to kick to but yeah it's hard to explain this drill properly.

Stretches again.

Same pick ball up/ride bump/handball drill as generally seen throughout pre season.

Nicho and Viv are heading off now. Spencer and Grimes too by the looks of it. Small group doing some simple handballs - Strauss, Watts, Bail, Blease, Barry and Toumpas in this group.

Addition of a man to drill I mentioned above instead of tackle bag thingymajig.

Group called in and then some short, quick handballs. The boys are up by the sounds of it. Drill is changed to include groundwork as well. There's a couple of errors but the boys look far more accomplished then they did when they started doing this drill some time back.

Drill changed again, four groups handballing with a bit of movement included for the players too. A shepherd is then required as well. Players handball off then shepherd a player shadowing the receiver.

I'm not brilliant at explaining things.

Short kicks on the run now. Groups move back a bit. Kick, run hard, receive handball then give off to another player. FAST MOVEMENT.

This is only a brief drill. Boys called in again.

Now they are split into two different sized groups. Big group in the middle and a small group on the wing. Bit of a split now. The group on the opposite 50 to where we are doing a drill which is mostly handball at speed but with a few switch kicks here and there. Group nearest to use attempting to kick goals, including *shudders* James Frawley, who unsurprisingly shanks his set shot. Meanwhile Trenners, Toump, Salem, Tyson and Barry ran a lap of the oval by the looks of things. Dawes also practising his set shot. More promising signs in his recovery.

Notable Monday absentee Matt Jones is here watching on.

Dawesy looking solid with his set shots, mostly from 40-45m out.

Tappy has come here too and runs a slow lap with Tyson.

Seeing Dawes, Clark and Hogan watching on from the sidelines makes me sad. clear.png

Main group is called in again.

Half grounder with a drill similar to one that's been consistent with us this pre season, switch kick, handball, down the line kick, etc.

Few too many players on the sidelines. A fair sized circle doing handball drills.

Main drill becomes a full grounder.

Pedo's working hard and running hard which is pleasant to see. Needs to to stop the derision that he's copped since getting THAT three year deal.

Harmes uses the ball efficiently, it's something I've noticed since he's come in.

Blease is looking better, no, not at the level we'd want him to be yet, but he's running hard which is a good sign.

Boys called in yet again.

Notice as they head out (and I'll capitalise this for emphasis) NATHAN JONES LEADING THE BOYS OUT. USING VOICE. His demeanour has changed in recent weeks. And that hints at something.

Alright, few boys wearing bibs, looks like a delivery drill inside 50. More specifically they're hitting up shorter targets and are patient with their delivery looking for the right kick.

23 blokes sitting out this drill. That's way too much.

Boys called in, I presume to explain to the crowd of players what it is they want to do when they actually do this drill at an undisclosed time in the near foreseeable future.

Alrighty, boys called in again? Wattsy doing a bit of talking, I like that.

Roosy with a very lengthy chat.

Alrighty so this lengthy chat is done. Looks like they're finishing up.

That was a weird training session.

By Tasmanlvr from Bigfooty with thanks

Edited for font size

Why do I keep thinking this is Henri Lecont commentating on MFC's training? Henri is supposed o be over the road at the tennis at this time.

• Like 2

Guys, leave Saty alone. He obviously has a great passion and deep love for the MFC. He goes to every game and most trainings as well as a lot of the Casey games. I wish I had his commitment. I'm glad a lot of the people at the Club see him and recognise his loyalty and treat him with the respect he deserves. Keep it up Saty! Wish we had more like you mate.

• Like 3

Why do I keep thinking this is Henri Lecont commentating on MFC's training? Henri is supposed o be over the road at the tennis at this time.

Missing an "e" at the end of the good gentleman's name. And if you'd managed to get one more letter wrong there, we'd have very a nasty mess on our hands.

Why are all our forwards injured all the time? Will hogan do his ACL in round 1,2, or 3?

We will lose all our spearheads by round 4, all the key backs by round 6 and our new mids should be in the surgery by about round 8.

I try to visualise the season like this and then be pleasantly surprised if we get a full year out of someone.

Last year the boys bodies held up well but there was severe fatigue setting in upstairs by Round 1.