Training - Friday 10th January, 2014

Matt Demon

cant be bothered backtracking through the 3 pages

did jamar train?

does JW look like hes gonna have a breakout preseason?

how did hoges look in the training session after time trial?

No need to back-track. Nobody has spoken about anything apart from Hogan.

Most of us are suspicious of stated injury recover times. But sadly mjt you are a glass 3/4 empty on almost all issues. The mirror image of Saty.

I don't think Mitch was a good example to choose however. There were clearer cases where 3 weeks became 4,6,8.....

Maybe I've forgotten (note this before lambasting me if I am wrong) but I thought once he was out, it was pretty clear he'd be out a long time.

In any case it is hard to see why a club would lie to their supporters about this. But I can see they might not want other clubs to know too much and we are just collateral damage. Plus of course, sometimes injuries take more time to recover than originally expected.

Hows Cameron Schwab these days sue, unfortunately you're forever wrong.

Anyone know how Dom Tyson ran today? Any other training related into on the fella... watching his highlights on afl.com.au really got me excited to see him in 2014.

He's moving really well now, strapping from his knee gone. Looks all class whenever he has the ball.

Hows Cameron Schwab these days sue, unfortunately you're forever wrong.

How sad. Condemned to permanently being wrong on all issues because I may have posted something in support of the man in response to what I saw at the time as virulent attacks not based on hard evidence.

Even though we now almost all agree CS was no good, I suspect a lot of the early criticism of him was the equivalent of what Maschy wrote in response to Saty congratulating himself on Hogan's injury - even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

• Like 3

How sad. Condemned to permanently being wrong on all issues because I may have posted something in support of the man in response to what I saw at the time as virulent attacks not based on hard evidence.

Even though we now almost all agree CS was no good, I suspect a lot of the early criticism of him was the equivalent of what Maschy wrote in response to Saty congratulating himself on Hogan's injury - even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Yes you are correct twice a day, 2 weeks out would be the best outcome, have a nice weekend sue.

At Melbourne training after the trials from a friend on site, a quick summary and Impressed with their training level after their 3k trial

Camaraderie was the best he has seen

Guys looked fit and sharp, plenty of inside work with plenty of pressure from players, skill level high.

30 minute 3/4 ground use with players running off for handballs and zone kicking to a group further on contesting once again skill level very high all carried out out a good pace.

Clark had a pressure bandage on high up the thigh and did little, Dawes ran laps, he was not there when Hogan limped off

• Like 2

Anyone know how Dom Tyson ran today? Any other training related into on the fella... watching his highlights on afl.com.au really got me excited to see him in 2014.

And, talking of Doms, has anyone seen anything of Dom Barry, in particular anything that may be promising or a cause for optimism?

You're a glass half empty kind of person aren't you ?

Although I did have similar thoughts, I thought it could turn into 3-5 weeks

The txt didn't come through too well.

Optomist - glass half full

Pessimist - glass half empty

Realist - my glass needs a refil

post-597-0-26812400-1389335607_thumb.jpg

Edited by monoccular

Forget Doc Larkins, standby I 'll get Doc Read on the blower

He's got the whole AFL covered !

And, talking of Doms, has anyone seen anything of Dom Barry, in particular anything that may be promising or a cause for optimism?

On Monday he was running the 300's with the first group which is promising. Earlier in preseason I noted he was training like an AFL player now not a kid. Others went further and got a bit excited but I wasn't at that stage yet. Body wise he's still lean but has a much more AFL look to him than a skinny kid. I'm expecting some good showings at VFL this year based on preseason and probably consistent VFL seniors performance.

Last years I'm not so sure about this guy thoughts but lets reassess in a year or even two have kind of changed in to more hey we might just have something.

You tweeted him? seriously give the guy some space!

The original JC saviour didn't get much space either !

True, but the original one didn't have a bung knee either.

Ours has got only one cross around him

The original had two or three !

AmazIng the amount of injuries we have had since Dave Misson came to the club

Agree.

I find it concerning how many of our players have suffered foot injuries in the past two years. I checked other teams injury list last year, and they barely had any.

I was listening to some cricket discussion the other day and ,evidently, the science/evidence says young men are not physically developed enough to be fast bowlers until around 24 0r 25. Now I know the mechanics are different but you have to wonder about guys like Hogan. The stresses are different but the claim centered around actual physical changes in the trunk region that were not complete until arounfd that age.

• Like 2

On Monday he was running the 300's with the first group which is promising. Earlier in preseason I noted he was training like an AFL player now not a kid. Others went further and got a bit excited but I wasn't at that stage yet. Body wise he's still lean but has a much more AFL look to him than a skinny kid. I'm expecting some good showings at VFL this year based on preseason and probably consistent VFL seniors performance.

Last years I'm not so sure about this guy thoughts but lets reassess in a year or even two have kind of changed in to more hey we might just have something.

Thanks - I have nothing on which to judge him but as I recall he did come cheap. Anything would be a bit of a bonus.

I was listening to some cricket discussion the other day and ,evidently, the science/evidence says young men are not physically developed enough to be fast bowlers until around 24 0r 25. Now I know the mechanics are different but you have to wonder about guys like Hogan. The stresses are different but the claim centered around actual physical changes in the trunk region that were not complete until arounfd that age.

.....or, he just had an unfortunate landing.